What is wrong with my ryzen build

Simple Slimy

so i upgraded from a 8 year old i5 cause well it was old and slow and i got the ryzen 2700x saw a improvement in gaming but slowdowns in windows

and yes i did reinstall windows afterwards 

What kind of "slowdowns"? When and where do they happen? 

Is windows on a SSD or HDD?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

What kind of "slowdowns"? When and where do they happen? 

Is windows on a SSD or HDD?

windows is on a ssd and just loading things seems slow or laggy now and its really weird 

12 minutes ago, Simple Slimy said:

windows is on a ssd and just loading things seems slow or laggy now and its really weird 

Just to make sure, this is on Windows 10, correct? Is it fully updated to the latest version?

Did you update your BIOS to the latest available, which fixes a few issues related to CPU frequency, scheduling and what not.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Just to make sure, this is on Windows 10, correct? Is it fully updated to the latest version?

Did you update your BIOS to the latest available, which fixes a few issues related to CPU frequency, scheduling and what not.

yes i did update my bios

and yes its windows 10 

and windows ran better on my old i5 3470

I've heard of some odd SSD behaviors when the last one or two SATA ports are used.  Any chance you've not used SATA port 1?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

I've heard of some odd SSD behaviors when the last one or two SATA ports are used.  Any chance you've not used SATA port 1?  

no clue i am using 4 sata ports and i have 6, 4 together and 2 on the top of the board

Just now, Simple Slimy said:

no clue i am using 4 sata ports and i have 6, 4 together and 2 on the top of the board

Ooh with that many populated then I'd definitely double check.  Have a look in the manual to see how their ordered.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

14 minutes ago, Simple Slimy said:

its windows 10 

updated windows 10?  Not like an old build (prior to build 1809) or anything?  I think the newer builds also got optimizations for Ryzen.  What's your RAM running at, is at least XMP on?

11 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

updated windows 10?  Not like an old build (prior to build 1809) or anything?  I think the newer builds also got optimizations for Ryzen.  What's your RAM running at, is at least XMP on?

no brand new install my ram is running at 3400 (stock 2933) i can't get it past 3400 for some reason also

Did you install the chipset drivers from amd.com or are you using the default drivers that came with Windows 10?

See https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

No worries if your chipset is not b450 , the link goes to "all in one" package that's the latest for socket AM4 chipsets.

also shouldn't cause a problem but check if you have the latest bios for ryzen 2xxx series , not necessarily the absolute latest bios as some of the newest bioses may only have updates for Ryzen 3rd generation

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Did you install the chipset drivers from amd.com or are you using the default drivers that came with Windows 10?

See https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

No worries if your chipset is not b450 , the link goes to "all in one" package that's the latest for socket AM4 chipsets.

also shouldn't cause a problem but check if you have the latest bios for ryzen 2xxx series , not necessarily the absolute latest bios as some of the newest bioses may only have updates for Ryzen 3rd generation

my chipset is b450

Is this a fresh Windows install, or did you carry it over from your previous setup?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

2 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Is this a fresh Windows install, or did you carry it over from your previous setup?

fresh