Tesla CyberTruck is apparently not "Street Legal" in EU & Some other countries.

Cyber Kerchow

1039908879_CYBERTRUCKMEME.thumb.PNG.bb45f341d33f9933d076853b816181a5.PNG

Tesla Cybertruck hasn't entered into mass production , But even with that The Pre-orders have gone through the roof despite low expectations(thanks to memes). The Truck Boasting exceptional safety features such as stainless steel body & Bulletproof glass, Hard rock Chassis, Tough thick wide tires.  It's basically an armor vehicle compared to regular & Off-road cars or even some mean looking SUV's. But ironically the same thing that makes it tough is apparently being put under scrutiny by some Safety Officials & Authorities as a hindrance to safety, For both the driver & the pedestrians.

SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH (a safety organization that makes tests for different automakers), said in a recent report from Germany that it is very unlikely Tesla could sell the Cybertruck in Europe as it appears now. The truck would need to have “have major modifications to the basic structure” according to Teller because “the basic concept of Tesla contradicts the common European security philosophy.”

One of the main safety concern is pedestrians being hit by the truck & as you can expect from a tough stainless steel body & that almost sharp front side is tuff as hell(HARSH FRONT according to a commentator), According to current safety standards this needs to be soft almost pliable & collapsible when encountering an accident in order to reduce & lessen the effect of force driven injury to the pedestrian. The prototype with sharp steel front would most probably chop whoever standing in front into 2 with a given velocity. High Velocity & sharp front end design & 300-series stainless steel alloys, it is a brutal combo.

(i mean look at this beast)

Tesla-Cybertruck-unveiling-1000x600.jpg

looking specifically at things like the "harsh front" that doesn't appear to be particularly safe in the event a Cybertruck strikes a pedestrian. ANCAP looks at things such as head and leg form crashes in its tests, and right now, "the [frontal] rake look like it's not very forgiving in terms of legs."

- James Goodwin, ANCAP's chief executive

This is somewhat can be fixed with a collapsible grill or a designed fender at front & it should pass the safety regulation feature. Which is what we can expect if the Truck ever passes the regulatory authority.

the most recent Tesla Model 3 ANCAP rating. While it scored five stars, the vulnerable road user score was the lowest of the four categories evaluated, at just 74 per cent.

Another concern is the lack of side/rear view mirrors, Although Tesla takes advantage of Hidden cameras at the Fenders at front (possibly at the back as well) the safety regulations insist the car should be having a visible side view mirror panel attached to the body

(hidden camera for auto piloting & rear view)

tesla-cybertruck-ap-camera-1024x683.jpg

Another Concern is the tough Body in itself , meaning the the exteriors & chassis & whatnot, You can make it rock solid for safety reasons , But when it comes to real world applications an impact at very high velocity means the mass impact energy will be transferred to the occupants inside since the body doesn't absorb the impact force by properly deforming & absorbing the energy

“We would expect that a vehicle should be able to absorb some (crash) energy because if it doesn’t absorb some energy … it will be the people inside the vehicle who bear the brunt.”

Onto the Next main concern, The odd protruding wheels , Safety Experts suggest that this could cause issues & put cyclists along with other motorists & pedestrians in harms way, this is kind of an obvious oneas thre design do look kinda like a monster truck version, safety would suggest that the tires align with the body  so that it would not protrude out to put others in harms way.

tesla-tyre_USM_web.jpg

Another low key concern is the bullet proof glass , in an emergency if the door is stuck & the glass has to be broken/shattered in-order to gain access to the inside would be an impossible task. on the flip side though Robbers love this safety feature. go figure.

(unbreak muh glass hart)

603893264_elontruck.jpg.afb9fed2c4f6f635de4394f142dcab9f.jpg

& Onto to the next Safety concern "the Headlights". Although this is one of the main design feature of the cybertruck & brings the whole cars design aspect into looking modern & futuristic. safety experts suggest that this spreads out & scatters light without focusing light on the road. although the test drives showed the truck performing well with the built in light illuminating the road. the proper safety feature suggests that a vehicles headlights be able to focus strong on to a particular distance & with a certain intensity, Meaning  an addition of Headlight Cluster affixed to the front of the car.

tesla-cybertruck-headlights.jpg

471221751.jpg

The Cybertruck “will not be able to be sold in this country (Germany) as a mass-production vehicle based on type approval. That is still a big task for Mr. Musk,” Teller said.

It's a Safety Hazard alright!

69304_02_here-best-mods-attachments-tesl

Anyways all of this & and a bunch of other minor feature stuffs are being scrutinized like windshield wipers which were absent in the prototype, improper shape of the vehicle,side indicators not being wide enough or present, rear fenders needing to be modified , steering wheel in relation to odometer placement etc. autopilot concerns & others. Plus the monopoly against this as an electric equalizer from the Gas Gang & also from competition who dont want to lose money. everything is obstructing the progress of this being a reality in some specific countries.

Despite the Odd informal shape & supposed street legality, the pre-orders were pretty good & is expected to have record breaking sales for an electric vehicle.

imo i think there are legit concerns that can be fixed & there are obstructive form of petty stuffs that is just a pointless nuisance , but as far as i'm concerned the car only needs a collapsible extended front end bumper & a good wiper & it's ready for the road!  What do you think? Post your comments & rants down below. 

Sources :

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/tesla-cybertruck-rejected-by-europe/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/teslas-cybertruck-doesnt-look-street-legal-but-pre-orders-are-pouring-in-2019-11-24

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69315/tesla-cybertruck-illegal-sell-europe-redesign-needed/index.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69304/here-best-mods-attachments-tesla-cybertruck/index.html

https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/evaluate/news/basicNewsStory.jhtml?symbols=TSLA&storyid=201911250746MRKTWTCHNEWS_SVC000133&sb=1

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/why-the-tesla-cybertrucks-stainless-steel-body-panels-could-be-a-problem/

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/motoring-news/new-tesla-cybertruck-could-put-other-road-users-at-risk/news-story/da648cad43ef731ae5dbb45632a6ed41

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/teslas-cybertruck-doesnt-look-street-legal-pre-orders-are-pouring

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-cybertruck-design-safety/

forbes link  wont let you read unless you disable adblocker but  "luckily"  every other freaking site has the open info. hide info for forced ad money in 2019, BRILLIANT move!

PS: We should Ban Toyota too because ISIS was using it , You know "Safety Hazard!"

Details separate people.

This is one of the ugliest most uninspired "cars" I have ever seen. So good if it stays away as far as possible I guess. 

What happened,  did the dude from Twitter lay off the dope?  (tbh idk any of his other cars they are not popular here,  obviously) 

*I know he used a Opel / Lotus chassis, but that's obviously not his "creation"

6 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

- snip -

Not really because of the whole chassis being too rigid and putting its passengers at very high danger - I don't think it would be allowed, and even then it would be extremely unpopular just like those similarly unsafe Chinese import cars are. We gots some pretty high standards over here.  

Edited by LogicalDrm
Please learn to snip

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

first off, look at it, it is uglier than dirt. second it is not a truck, it is an suv with a small bed that is one piece. a truck has a separate bed. 

have people not realized yet this prototype was a massive troll. Here is something ugly, we will take your deposits now! Expect the real thing to look more like a hilux.

5 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

looking specifically at things like the "harsh front" that doesn't appear to be particularly safe in the event a Cybertruck strikes a pedestrian

...it's a car. it's not supposed to be "safe in the event it strikes a pedestrian".

not sure how it's any than if this truck strikes you at any speed

choose3.jpg

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

...it's a car. it's not supposed to be "safe in the event it strikes a pedestrian".

Car safety rules are not something I've looked at in detail myself, but there are requirements to make them less likely to cause severe injury on striking a pedestrian. They're not trying to make it so that if you drive into people they'll walk away unharmed, but the intent is by making some design choices you can increase the survival rate and reduce the level of damage caused. Such rules are in part why modern cars sold are all considered rather samey. It limits the scope the designer has to do something radically different.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

My first thought when I saw the Cyber Truck was it probably won’t pass safety regulations in the US or any other country for that matter, but it’s not a final product either. Who knows, the final iteration could be so radically different this could end up being nothing more than a ruse for an interest free crowd funded loan. I’m waiting for the day Tesla pulls a Ferrari and starts putting its name on literally anything and everything. If they release a cologne they could call it Elon’s Musk.

54 minutes ago, Arika S said:

it's a car. it's not supposed to be "safe in the event it strikes a pedestrian".

Well, some (hint: most) countries have laws to keep their citizens safe,  even from,  *gasp* cars and as an FYI: not every country in the world is the USA . 

18 minutes ago, Founders said:

. If they release a cologne they could call it Elon’s Musk

I would be very surprised if that doesn't exist already.  ?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I would be very surprised if that doesn't exist already.  ?

If it doesn’t exist already, I’m sure it will some day and people will actually buy it. 

3 minutes ago, Founders said:

If it doesn’t exist already, I’m sure it will some day and people will actually buy it. 

Welp, it's close enough if you ask me!  

Ew. 

https://elonsmusk.co

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

& Onto to the next Safety concern "the Headlights". Although this is one of the main design feature of the cybertruck & brings the whole cars design aspect into looking modern & futuristic. safety experts suggest that this spreads out & scatters light without focusing light on the road. although the test drives showed the truck performing well with the built in light illuminating the road. the proper safety feature suggests that a vehicles headlights be able to focus strong on to a particular distance & with a certain intensity, Meaning  an addition of Headlight Cluster affixed to the front of the car.

That's great if it can illuminate the road ahead. But is it also blinding other drivers as well? Because from the pictures, that's what it looks like. This pickup truck wannabe can stay the fuck away.

This is EXACTLY what I said the moment they rolled this thing out and everyone was laughing how I have no clue and how Tesla knows it all and that sharp edges are not a problem and that it has crumple zones (which are irrelevant to pedestrians). Well, here we are.

That feeling when California bumpers are now required in the EU and not in Cali.

4 hours ago, rabbitanarchy14 said:

first off, look at it, it is uglier than dirt. second it is not a truck, it is an suv with a small bed that is one piece. a truck has a separate bed. 

I thought those were crucks like the El Camino.

4 hours ago, Geoff35674567 said:

have people not realized yet this prototype was a massive troll. Here is something ugly, we will take your deposits now! Expect the real thing to look more like a hilux.

Negative, this design is purely about saving money. For some reason Elon decided he wanted the same 3mm steel he uses on his rockets, but it's too thick for standard manufacturing, so they have to laser etch grooves and origami it into place. As such they can't do complicated shapes or curves. The only reason it's bare stainless is because Tesla sucks with paint and this costs less.

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

not sure how it's any than if this truck strikes you at any speed

It's supposed to be at a speed of 15mph, which generally is relatively safe. Most cars have softer bumpers and people would roll up over the hood. This is unlikely to have any give and is probably much more likely to suck people to the ground and run them over.

I don't know what regulations are in place for commercial vehicles, but it still has a bumper and they aren't usually driving around neighborhoods.

3 hours ago, Founders said:

If they release a cologne they could call it Elon’s Musk.

I really want this to be true.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

This is EXACTLY what I said the moment they rolled this thing out and everyone was laughing how I have no clue and how Tesla knows it all and that sharp edges are not a problem and that it has crumple zones (which are irrelevant to pedestrians). Well, here we are.

Something tells me it doesn't have crumple zones.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I really want this to be true.

Give it time my friend. ?

3 minutes ago, Founders said:

Give it time my friend. ?

...what would the commercial for it look like? I mean, based off the current cologne and perfume commercials of naked people running around or swimming.

As a complete aside, why does your coordinates link to a picture of a bucket full of money?

#Muricaparrotgang

@JZStudios

I'm pretty sure it does. If it doesn't, then good luck to all Tesla Cybertruck drivers I guess. You'll need it if someone hits your crumplezoneless cyber pickup truck... Coz if car doesn't deform, you will inside...

9 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

lon decided he wanted the same 3mm steel he uses on his rockets, but it's too thick for standard manufacturing

This is not true. My family's business is in sheet metal. 3mm has been done in our shop.

Just now, Geoff35674567 said:

This is not true. My family's business is in sheet metal. 3mm has been done in our shop.

I don't know. It's a high grade stainless. I'm not super up on my metal working, that's more my dads thing, but given how most cars are designed it would be difficult at best. And again, laser etching and folding is significantly cheaper, so the end result is the same.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

@JZStudios

I'm pretty sure it does. If it doesn't, then good luck to all Tesla Cybertruck drivers I guess. You'll need it if someone hits your crumplezoneless cyber pickup truck... Coz if car doesn't deform, you will inside...

It would put a big dent in Elons "bulletproof" marketing and 3mm steel body if it did. The internal sub frame might, but I'm not sure how much good that'll do against anything that's not a solid wall.

#Muricaparrotgang

8 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

...what would the commercial for it look like? I mean, based off the current cologne and perfume commercials of naked people running around or swimming.

Like this maybe...

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

As a complete aside, why does your coordinates link to a picture of a bucket full of money?

It certainly leads somewhere, but that's not it. 

Just now, Founders said:

It certainly leads somewhere, but that's not it. 

It was a dumping bucket of money on Google, next to Philly town hall. The street view was a guy on a Segway with a pole on his helmet.

#Muricaparrotgang

9 minutes ago, Founders said:

Like this maybe...

spacer.png

I think the massive bold letters really sell it.

My take, though I didn't find as good a picture.

musk.jpg.48ad81f539acf8cb7bae3943274b6e00.jpg

#Muricaparrotgang

7 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

It was a dumping bucket of money on Google, next to Philly town hall. The street view was a guy on a Segway with a pole on his helmet.

You may be seeing a different street view then I am, I don't see Segway guy. I live outside the city so I chose City Hall as it's a recognizable historical building in Philly.