Tesla CyberTruck is apparently not "Street Legal" in EU & Some other countries.

22 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I don't know. It's a high grade stainless. I'm not super up on my metal working, that's more my dads thing, but given how most cars are designed it would be difficult at best. And again, laser etching and folding is significantly cheaper, so the end result is the same.

All curves cost money if you were to build something like ducting, but cars are crafted out of clay and then molds & jigs are made. So the curves are not more expensive. I agree with you that Elon did this prototype on the cheap by slapping together scrap sheet metal. Elon did not do a normal prototype because the whole thing is a massive troll to get deposit money.

2 minutes ago, Founders said:

You may be seeing a different street view then I am, I don't see Segway guy. I live outside the city so I chose City Hall as it's a recognizable historical building in Philly.  

... weird. Now it's different... Segway guy is definitely on those coordinates if you look down.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, Geoff35674567 said:

All curves cost money if you were to build something like ducting, but cars are crafted out of clay and then molds & jigs are made. So the curves are not more expensive. I agree with you that Elon did this prototype on the cheap by slapping together scrap sheet metal. Elon did not do a normal prototype because the whole thing is a massive troll to get deposit money.

That may be true, but the robots and machining to get all that set up still costs more than laser etching and folding.

#Muricaparrotgang

Hope they modify the design just enough to get through, i really like the current design. 

Long as they don't pull a Volkswagen, we will be fine. 

The engines emitted nitrogen oxide pollutants up to 40 times above what is allowed in the US.

Funny how Volkswagen scandal got through the EU filter. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-34324772

Matt Farrah was on Joe Rogans podcast not long ago warning of this.

He was pretty cure that the cuber truck thats being displayed now is nowhere near the truck that will be released. 

He also talked about some shady things Tesla is doing to raise money. Its very interesting imo.

I cant stand Musk as a person and im not really a fan of tesla cars in general so im biased. But heres the video clip if anyones interested.

2 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Uncanny, if you squint really hard after suffering a blow to the head it's a perfect replica. You know it's built using a piece of 1980's Lada pig iron underneath. 

I kind of wondered the same thing. Though you can buy bulletproof vehicles, so crumple zones aren't always required. I'm sure there's some loop hole.

If a vehicle is going fast enough to cut someone in half, regardless of design, you'd be dead. So. That's a little foolish.

14 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

This is one of the ugliest most uninspired "cars" I have ever seen. So good if it stays away as far as possible I guess. 

What happened,  did the dude from Twitter lay off the dope?  (tbh idk any of his other cars they are not popular here,  obviously) 

*I know he used a Opel / Lotus chassis, but that's obviously not his "creation"

Not really because of the whole chassis being too rigid and putting its passengers at very high danger - I don't think it would be allowed, and even then it would be extremely unpopular just like those similarly unsafe Chinese import cars are. We gots some pretty high standards over here. 

I like the look, each to their own *shrugs*

14 hours ago, rabbitanarchy14 said:

first off, look at it, it is uglier than dirt. second it is not a truck, it is an suv with a small bed that is one piece. a truck has a separate bed. 

You mean, has a bed larger than an F150 by almost a foot? ;)

It's not a small truck.

13 hours ago, Arika S said:

...it's a car. it's not supposed to be "safe in the event it strikes a pedestrian".

not sure how it's any than if this truck strikes you at any speed

choose3.jpg

Trucks aren't the same as cars, and don't have the same requirements.

That also looks like a long haul Aussie train truck, which I assume has requirements that are even less strict.

There are several requirements for passenger vehicles that relate to passenger safety.

6 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Matt Farrah was on Joe Rogans podcast not long ago warning of this.

He was pretty cure that the cuber truck thats being displayed now is nowhere near the truck that will be released. 

He also talked about some shady things Tesla is doing to raise money. Its very interesting imo.

I cant stand Musk as a person and im not really a fan of tesla cars in general so im biased. But heres the video clip if anyones interested.

Matt Farrah is an entertainer. He's not the best person to go to for facts.

For instance, he's wrong with several of the things he said in that podcast.

Roadsters are out there, not just prototypes, and have been at several auto shows.

The Roadster isn't due to be released until the end of 2020.

While Tesla did sort of screw up the truck pull test, some YouTuber channel did the X against the Raptor on flat ground...and the X won.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

25 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Roadsters are out there, not just prototypes, and have been at several auto shows.

Until a product makes it to production it's still a prototype. Yes, the roadsters have been shown to the public and have been seen but they are still prototypes and still far from being ready to go to production. If they were actually more than prototypes and display models they would be producing them and selling them so they can make money. 

13 hours ago, dizmo said:

I kind of wondered the same thing. Though you can buy bulletproof vehicles, so crumple zones aren't always required. I'm sure there's some loop hole.

If a vehicle is going fast enough to cut someone in half, regardless of design, you'd be dead. So. That's a little foolish.

I like the look, each to their own *shrugs*

It's not a small truck.

Trucks aren't the same as cars, and don't have the same requirements.

That also looks like a long haul Aussie train truck, which I assume has requirements that are even less strict.

There are several requirements for passenger vehicles that relate to passenger safety.

Matt Farrah is an entertainer. He's not the best person to go to for facts.

For instance, he's wrong with several of the things he said in that podcast.

The Roadster isn't due to be released until the end of 2020.

While Tesla did sort of screw up the truck pull test, some YouTuber channel did the X against the Raptor on flat ground...and the X won.

How is a roadster thats shown at a car show considered not a prototype? Its 100% still a prototype. 

The cyber truck was shown at an event and being drove around...its still a prototype.

And hes not talking about the youtuber who did the real test. He was talking about the test tesla did which was not a legit test.

My biggest take away from that clip was the investing theories. Tesla taking $100 down payments for the truck is very weird.

They started taking $50k down payments for the roadster in 2017 and its still just a prototype that may be released by the end of 2020 if musk is to be believed. But then like the clip shows he also said we would have a million robotaxis in 2020 as well.

Like i said. Im not a musk fan. Hes the peter molyneux of the car industry imo. I wont lie and say that teslas arent great and fun. I got to drive one for about 2 hours not long ago. Amazing car.

But from what ive seen from tesla im willing to bet they are going to be the apple of the car industry. They are not going to be consumer friendly at all. They already blacklist vins and refuse to sell any part to those owners. If you have a blacklisted car tesla wont sell you a door handle. And since tesla is the only place to get the parts (outside of junk yard teslas....which itll be a while before those are plentiful) you are basically screwed.

22 hours ago, Geoff35674567 said:

This is not true. My family's business is in sheet metal. 3mm has been done in our shop.

It’s 3mm 301 stainless which is pretty tough stuff.  Quite heavy too.  3mm mild and 3mm 301 stainless are different things.  It would fit the machines.  Whether they could cut or form it is a different question.  If they’ve done 3mm stainless they’ve done 3mm stainless though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

How is a roadster thats shown at a car show considered not a prototype? Its 100% still a prototype. 

The cyber truck was shown at an event and being drove around...its still a prototype.

And hes not talking about the youtuber who did the real test. He was talking about the test tesla did which was not a legit test.

My biggest take away from that clip was the investing theories. Tesla taking $100 down payments for the truck is very weird.

They started taking $50k down payments for the roadster in 2017 and its still just a prototype that may be released by the end of 2020 if musk is to be believed. But then like the clip shows he also said we would have a million robotaxis in 2020 as well.

Like i said. Im not a musk fan. Hes the peter molyneux of the car industry imo. I wont lie and say that teslas arent great and fun. I got to drive one for about 2 hours not long ago. Amazing car.

But from what ive seen from tesla im willing to bet they are going to be the apple of the car industry. They are not going to be consumer friendly at all. They already blacklist vins and refuse to sell any part to those owners. If you have a blacklisted car tesla wont sell you a door handle. And since tesla is the only place to get the parts (outside of junk yard teslas....which itll be a while before those are plentiful) you are basically screwed.

More than a prototype it looks very much like a rolling test mule which is pretty low on the finish scale as even prototypes go

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 hours ago, dizmo said:

Almost a foot means nothing when there's options for extended beds and cabs that don't have ridiculous quarter panels so you can fit toolboxes and toss stuff in the side. Or the fact that you can just drop the tailgate and get an extra foot and a half. No idea what the bed width is.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 12/19/2019 at 11:30 PM, Tech_Dreamer said:

Cyber Kerchow

Tesla Cybertruck hasn't entered into mass production , But even with that The Pre-orders have gone through the roof despite low expectations(thanks to memes). The Truck Boasting exceptional safety features such as stainless steel body & Bulletproof glass, Hard rock Chassis, Tough thick wide tires.  It's basically an armor vehicle compared to regular & Off-road cars or even some mean looking SUV's. But ironically the same thing that makes it tough is apparently being put under scrutiny by some Safety Officials & Authorities as a hindrance to safety, For both the driver & the pedestrians.

I sincerely doubt this will be street legal anywhere in the world.

As a concept vehicle it's kinda neat in one way, but it's clearly going to be compromised if they ever intend to sell it in US/Canada, let alone EU countries. 

Protruding mirrors as an example. If you are in a vehicle behind said truck, you don't know if they can see you, because you can't see their mirrors. You are following too close if you can't see both mirrors, and will be at fault in a collision if you hit the truck. So while Tesla might be able to get away with using the cameras exclusively, it's unlikely that they will be able to sell it without either adding mirrors or having dealer aftermarket mirrors added.

There's also the problem with the front and rear bumpers, or rather the lack of any. It's been known for decades that a truck sits too high, and if it collides with a car in front, the car and the person in the vehicle in front will be crushed. The front of the truck is actually further forward than the front bumper, and the rear of the truck is further behind the bumper, so neither bumpers are functional.

On those points alone, you're going to see either a redesign or large aftermarket modifications.

49 minutes ago, Kisai said:

well Nigeria and Somolia and the likes of 3rd world countries would be legal

but in 1st world nations who knows

a 5mph pedestrian hit would equate to broken shin bones

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

As a concept vehicle it's kinda neat in one way, but it's clearly going to be compromised if they ever intend to sell it in US/Canada, let alone EU countries. 

Protruding mirrors as an example. If you are in a vehicle behind said truck, you don't know if they can see you, because you can't see their mirrors. You are following too close if you can't see both mirrors, and will be at fault in a collision if you hit the truck. So while Tesla might be able to get away with using the cameras exclusively, it's unlikely that they will be able to sell it without either adding mirrors or having dealer aftermarket mirrors added.

There's also the problem with the front and rear bumpers, or rather the lack of any. It's been known for decades that a truck sits too high, and if it collides with a car in front, the car and the person in the vehicle in front will be crushed. The front of the truck is actually further forward than the front bumper, and the rear of the truck is further behind the bumper, so neither bumpers are functional.

On those points alone, you're going to see either a redesign or large aftermarket modifications.

Of course it isn’t.  They made a test mule and they did just enough to make it legal for the town they were doing the demo in.
This constant repeated assumptions that we must have seen the final form of this thing makes me tired.