AiO Cooler for Intel Core i9-9900KS

Can you please help me, I got myself a new CPU Intel Core i9-9900KS, but I have problem with choosing cooling system for it because my case supports max 320mm radiator. The case I have is Cooler Master 25th Anniversary Edition. Can you please recommend me which AiO is the best choice for my case and CPU? Thanks in advance.

You could look for 280mm according to the Coolermaster website. The 280mm offers a decent bit better cooling than a 240mm if both are decent coolers. I run a Corsair H115i Platinum and have no complaints. Dropped temps on my 2700 under load. Also, 140mm fans are far quieter than 120mms tend to be. Able to move more air, at the same RPM, so therefore you can slow down the fan and move ample air.

My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Arctic liquid freezer II looks like to be the safest buy now. A lot cheaper than competition and similar performance as with those +100% priced models.

Most liquid AIO's perform within margin of error with each other. Cooling a CPU is down to a science most are all made from the same parts rebranded to the companies needs. If you want X feature buy it more based on that and price than which performs best. 120mm will perform the same as other 120mm coolers and the same for 240mm and 360mm the sizes perform different but the comparison between models is very small and it would be better to purchase based on price and style you want.

11 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

Most liquid AIO's perform within margin of error with each other. Cooling a CPU is down to a science most are all made from the same parts rebranded to the companies needs. If you want X feature buy it more based on that and price than which performs best. 120mm will perform the same as other 120mm coolers and the same for 240mm and 360mm the sizes perform different but the comparison between models is very small and it would be better to purchase based on price and style you want.

No they dont. Radiator thickness and fans make a huge difference to noise and performance levels.

23 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

No they dont. Radiator thickness and fans make a huge difference to noise and performance levels.

Then you are looking at a thickness difference. If they are the same size they will perform similar as I stated in my original comment. If your looking at size differences there will be differences. As for fans they are very minimal difference as most named brands put on static pressure fans. 

cpu cooler roundup all thermals

depending on delta of the room they look to be within margin of error for a normal system that isnt in a test environment. There could be differences in thermal connection with thermal paste application or if they use the standard stuff included. Noise is relative to the person. If the system is in another room you can have 20 fans and maybe they cant hear it. Why make things super complicated they appear to be within margin of error if you change fan speeds. Again if he has case that has noise reduction then it puts more variables into account. Are we accounting for his headphones for noise as well? is he using open or closed? or speakers....

18 hours ago, GodSeph said:

Then you are looking at a thickness difference. If they are the same size they will perform similar as I stated in my original comment. If your looking at size differences there will be differences. As for fans they are very minimal difference as most named brands put on static pressure fans. 

depending on delta of the room they look to be within margin of error for a normal system that isnt in a test environment. There could be differences in thermal connection with thermal paste application or if they use the standard stuff included. Noise is relative to the person. If the system is in another room you can have 20 fans and maybe they cant hear it. Why make things super complicated they appear to be within margin of error if you change fan speeds. Again if he has case that has noise reduction then it puts more variables into account. Are we accounting for his headphones for noise as well? is he using open or closed? or speakers....

Well maybe then dont claim all aio-coolers of 240/280/360 perform similarly...

13 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Well maybe then dont claim all aio-coolers of 240/280/360 perform similarly...

I stand by what I said. most coolers use standard sizes and they perform very similar. If want to get into semantics then I guess we could test the coolers in different delta temps outside where if its summer at 30 or if its -40 with a windchill we can see if there is a difference in performance LOL.

Lets check 2 fans performance difference

noctua v cm temperature 3dmark

Here is an old thread talking about using premium fans for performance increase for a water cooler, Unless the fan is physically pushing more airflow at higher speeds it would make very little difference. Normally it wouldnt matter as the cooler/Motherboard will actively monitor fan speed to keep it cool and not have it spinning at max RPM. 

Now if we look at some of the common Rads used for cpu coolers from their site

Coolermaster Rads for basic 240MM https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml240p-mirage/#Specifications

Rad Dimensions: 277x120x27mm

Corsair H100I https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series™-RGB-Platinum/p/CW-9060039-WW#tab-tech-specs

Rad Dimentions: 277x120x27mm

NZXT https://www.nzxt.com/product-overview/kraken

Rad Dimensions: 275x123x30mm

Rosewell https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16835200117

Rad Dimensions: 274x22x32mm

EVGA: https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16835288009

Rad Dimensions:276x122x28mm

There is around 1-2mm differences and with fan testing it shows within margin of error. So either you can rly overwork OR buy something that would fit your build and maybe be within 1-3 difference in temperature. 

We can again look to gamers nexus who tested with set fans

They found that if the cooler is the same 240mm they perform similar as I stated and if its a 120mm rad they perform worse or if they are using extra thick ones it can perform better. So lets compare tubing next to see if there is a 1-2 degree difference? OR we could go with a much easier answer for someone asking a question as they perform similar if they are the same size... There is the rare occasion that some are thicker but most are not as this can cause compatibility issues with cases. Do we could these rare occasions for all parts? There are some NZXT coolers that have the pump in the rad? Should we consider this for every post on LTT on water cooling to make sure its referred to? There was the old Antec ones that had fans that had the pumps in one unit? Should we consider the older models to? Most of these would be hard to purchase new as some are no longer in active production though some sites may still have stock. 

3 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

Rosewell https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16835200117

Rad Dimensions: 274x22x32mm

Today I learned Rosewill has an AIO. ?

Arguably the biggest difference between AIO's are the included fans. I'm under the impression that besides size, most of the rads are similar if not the same fin density which also impacts cooling (more surface ares + more heat transfer)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Today I learned Rosewill has an AIO. ?

Arguably the biggest difference between AIO's are the included fans. I'm under the impression that besides size, most of the rads are similar if not the same fin density which also impacts cooling (more surface ares + more heat transfer)

Most are around the same as they usually all are purchased from the same producer. I never tried the rosewell one before but I have seen it and its a good price but kinda ugly. My issue with fans is you see a performance different in air pressure which = speed of spinning. So if I purchase a delta fan and crank it the performance is great, but the sound is awful. normal use there is very little difference.

To confirm I am not arguing size doesnt play a part. But most common 240mm 120mm AIO's are very similar and perform withing a degree or two with normal fan use. So either purchase to budget or purchase for what you want. If you go off the deep end then yes you can find the BEST ONE with Delta fans cranked at 100% fan speed for max performance. 

Just now, GodSeph said:

Most are around the same as they usually all are purchased from the same producer. I never tried the rosewell one before but I have seen it and its a good price but kinda ugly. My issue with fans is you see a performance different in air pressure which = speed of spinning. So if I purchase a delta fan and crank it the performance is great, but the sound is awful. normal use there is very little difference.

Agreed. 80% of pumps are Asetek pumps, and even the different variation of those (most are either gen 5 or 6) are negligible in terms of performance variation. Most RADS are aluminium for cost savings and the fluids contain biocides and chemicals to discourage galvanization between the copper and aluminium. 

For fans it's a balance of airflow to relative noise. The new Noctua NF-A12x25's spin up to 2000RPM with a 2.34mm/h20 which retaining a 22dBA rating each (The NF-F12's PPC max pressure rating is 3.9 which is super high, but are 30dBa each)

Just found a good fan comparison when it comes to radiators. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

* Thread cleaned *

Please focus on helping the OP instead of bickering.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I would recommend the Corsair H150i Pro. Have it myself, and even though I don't have it installed correctly (improper mounting pressure and bad thermal paste. too lazy to fix) it works very well. iCue lets you control fan and pump speeds along with RGB. I have my RGB set up more like a temp display, so green for cool, yellow for warm, and red for hot. It's actually a preset in the software. I also have my pump and fan speeds on max, because it's so quiet my 230mm case fans are louder.

Woops. Misred the OP. Thought he said 360mm. I don't know of any 320mm rads, and it seems like a weird size as well. Good luck finding one sized that way.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:09 AM, Miodrag said:

Can you please help me, I got myself a new CPU Intel Core i9-9900KS, but I have problem with choosing cooling system for it because my case supports max 320mm radiator. The case I have is Cooler Master 25th Anniversary Edition. Can you please recommend me which AiO is the best choice for my case and CPU? Thanks in advance.

The Corsair H115i Platinum RGB would be my recommendation from our AIO cooling lineup.  It includes our ML140 RGB fans which can push a good amount of air at lower speeds, which gives you lower noise if that is something you're worried about.  Shouldn't be an issue cooling your 9900KS.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/