3950x 25th November 2019

Tonyboss
7 hours ago, Jrasero said:

In the US totally sold out with re-sellers asking as much as $1500 for them.  Apparently Amazon has had a few small shipments that sell out in seconds, which probably has to do with bots.  Got mine on launch by reserving for in store pickup at MicroCenter.

Honestly I can't see healthy stock until at least February and even then I can easily see retailers asking 5%-15% above retail. 

best advice grab a 2700x for $130 sell it for $80-$100 when the 3950X restocks for MSRP or just for a R9 3900X which has the multi-core performance of a 2950X and performs close enough to a i9 9900K while gaming  

Would grab the 3800X at below MSRP.  Then wait for another 6-9 months for the price to drop for 3900X or 3950X.

If i am lucky, i can get one close or slightly below the MSRP.  

18 hours ago, Keiran1983 said:

Hey all, its interesting that the 3800X is below MSRP (US$399.00).  Guess not many pple looking for this CPU.

Yeah, thats beacause the 3700X usually is cheaper with the same performance.

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

1 hour ago, ACV said:

Got lucky - arrived today. Just need to wait for the rest of the bits.

IMG_0767.jpg.609ceb345998b4cfc5a76631a60c72d6.jpg

I am not jealous... Not at all. Still waiting for mine to arrive... Properly some time after new year

Spoiler

Okay I admit it. I am jealous as he'll, you lucky bastard.

I was genuinely shocked, timing was good as I got some discounted components in the blackfriday sales when I got the shipping notification - came from scan.co.uk - hit the pre-order button on release day so if you did similar you might get it soon :) 

1 hour ago, ACV said:

Mine arrived today a well.

Just need the CPU cooler and I'm good to go.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

16 hours ago, ACV said:

IMG_0767.jpg.609ceb345998b4cfc5a76631a60c72d6.jpg

Woah..... its like u won the lottery.

You lucky ones.
I have decided to stick with the 3900x. Less money. No much gains on Corona Render compared with the 3900x.

Have a great time running those chips.

Cumpz.

Please don't call police, but I had to murder someone for this. Just kidding. 

No the store I ordered one from, called me that they had gotten a few extra cpu home and asked if I whas still interested in one. Never had I dropped what I had in my hands this fast before and run out to my car and drive to the store. 

And that is how I ended up with a Ryzen 9 3950X before Christmas. Still can't believe my luck on this. Also got a new nvme SSD to go with it. 

https://i.imgur.com/9YqWcjl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0kJUrYD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gPQUiNL.jpg

Lucky lucky ones.

You make me feel go change my still unboxed 3900x

On 12/9/2019 at 2:09 AM, Intelfreak said:

Please don't call police, but I had to murder someone for this. Just kidding. 

No the store I ordered one from, called me that they had gotten a few extra cpu home and asked if I whas still interested in one. Never had I dropped what I had in my hands this fast before and run out to my car and drive to the store. 

And that is how I ended up with a Ryzen 9 3950X before Christmas. Still can't believe my luck on this. Also got a new nvme SSD to go with it. 

https://i.imgur.com/9YqWcjl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0kJUrYD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gPQUiNL.jpg

De Fug!

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:56 AM, Tonyboss said:

Lucky lucky ones.

You make me feel go change my still unboxed 3900x

Understandeble. I have my hardware for a long time, so when i upgrade i go all out. Running a X58 system with a I7 980X right now to give an idea of how long i have my systems.

5 hours ago, Keiran1983 said:

De Fug!

I whas very lucky indeed. I only godt it because i ordered it early on lauch day and still i dit not get one of the first cpu´s they had home. But i whas aparently fast enoufh to get one of those they got ekstra home of last week.

Cant wait for the rest of the hardware to arrive no, so i can go nuts on benchmarking the crap out of that Ryzen 9 3950X.