Easy Trade-in or Reselling of Components in UK

Nitricspace

r/hardware swap or our own classifieds section here. Think you have to have a certain post count to see that though (keeps people from just making accounts solely to spam in the classifieds, have to actually be a member of the community basically). Direct to buyer, you skip eBay's fees and such. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, Nitricspace said:

Hi there,

Apologies if this is the wrong sub, I just couldn't see one that would better fit it. I'm thinking about upgrading some of my PC's components and want to find out if I can sell or trade in my old parts to factor that in to my budget. I'm currently looking at replacing my 6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Hero mobo, my Asus Strix 1070 and maybe my 16GB kit of HyperX memory.

Does anyone have experience selling or trading in their parts in the UK? I'm considering eBay but not sure if I have the time to research pricing and wait for all the listings to sell although I will if that is the only option. I've been thinking of trading in the parts to a company instead, just because it seems quick and easy. I'm aware of the high markup and loss of value from doing this, compared to selling it myself. I just don't think I've got the time to sell it all on eBay. Any suggestions for places to trade in my parts in the UK? Should I just resort to using eBay?

Let me know what you think

cex uk accept trade-ins. quite bad prices for cash, but better prices for vouchers if you want to buy stuff from them.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, boggy77 said:

[Deleted]

[Deleted]

2 minutes ago, Nitricspace said:

Thanks, I might investigate that but whenever I've been in their offers for trade-in have been pretty low haha. Any idea of a price range for say, the GPU?

for an 1070, you could expect to sell it for  about £185 on ebay, or on cex: 

WeBuy for cash £133.00

WeBuy for voucher £161.00

Local FB marketplaces, like 'Buy & Sell - Your town name' type things are usually pretty busy where I am, and computer stuff does get bought and sold on them (although locally, it is often a 'Buy my overpriced FX based system with a GTX 960 and no SSD - it's totally better than anything else' type stuff)

Ebay - i've had better results from ebay, I usually wait until the £1 selling fees offers so I maximise the sale. make sure you docuemnt everything and stay within ebay/paypal for payments.  unfortunately it is easy for buyers to return items

Gumtree - I've bought on Gumtree but not sold. could be a good place for local cash sales

FB Marketplace - as above

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

19 hours ago, Nitricspace said:

Thanks, I'll consider that. I've been seeing boxed Strix 1070's going for £200-250 on eBay? Am I not looking in the right place?

You're probably looking at unsold auctions. Filter for sold and take a look.

You'll also need to consider that many offer free shipping (which you'll need to pay for yourself) and that gets added into the price.

As far as used GPUs go, the box doesn't add value. The brand and model also have little influence on price.

After you factor shipping, eBay and PayPal fees, you'll probably get around 165-175.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20