Elder scrolls online beta, Anyone tried/trying it?

xToFxREAPER

I dont think nobody asked for this. 

A new skyrim-ish  with support for 4 or 5 friends or 10 for "pvp"  would have been enough.. It could also be modded. 

Thats what ive been hearing which is what turned me off of it to but i figured i would give it a try anyway. Did they make it pretty atleast since we cant use mods this time round?

Yeah it's prettier than Skyrim. Probably not quite on par with what's possible with enough mods, but it's definitely an improvement. They've also done a few things differently; the elves don't look so much like aliens as they did in Skyrim for example.

Ok i just tried the game for 2 hours....I want Co op for skyrim....this game feelt weird. skyrim looks better visualy, HOWEVER i did like some things like the sprinting and inventory.
But the rest could use some work. Crouching was slow, attacking was slow even with bow.
weapon wise and etc felt somewhat limited. i cant use spells with a sword and only with staffs? maybe im missing something. but yeah. limited.

I've only at level 3, but, so far, it has been excruciatingly dull and boring and the graphics are a huge disappointment.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Finally I am logging in .... uggghhh

11:48 pm is not the time I wanted to be logging in to play the game but I had important company tonight, my son, and that takes priority.

.. and now there is maintenance uggghhh

I also am trying to use codes I got in one email with other emails and accounts created with them but no luck.  I guess the codes sent to us by email are tied to that email?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I've only at level 3, but, so far, it has been excruciatingly dull and boring and the graphics are a huge disappointment.

I think the graphics could be better but I started having more woah and wow reactions as I finally got to that room that portals me to Straus M'Kai.  Graphically as I have played it things are starting to look better as I go along.  Now if only I could get into Straus M'Kai and further to see if things continue to improve.

I think the graphics could be better but I started having more woah and wow reactions as I finally got to that room that portals me to Straus M'Kai.  Graphically as I have played it things are starting to look better as I go along.  Now if only I could get into Straus M'Kai. OMG the load time ... servers full? :o

I ended up getting sucked into going to a movie so im only now signing back in myself

Well as the game progresses I like it more.  I see the potential.  Also for an mmorpg I think I was harsh on the graphics and this is much more easier on the eyes than EQ2 was and some others.  The jokes in the game made by the npcs aren't too bad and I like the change in combat vs the usual you get in WOW but the thing is Tera already did something like this but the key to ESO getting it right is giving us great raid content / end game.  Do that and I will play.

I got a beta invite but I don't care enough to bother setting it up.

I'm predicting that this game is going to die off very fast and WOW will continue to be the top MMO.

Ive tried rift, GW2, SWToR and many more, but this is the first game that I play that I feel like it can replace WoW....

Im playing the beta right now... its great, seriously, all the TES lovers who wanted an "online skyrim" can finally get it! =)

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I'm at level ~7 or 8 and I've been playing it with my little brother.

Quite a bit of fun, suffers from general things most mmo's suffer.

Wish the combat was more like skyrim.(I didn't even like skyrims combat tbh.) But the combat in this really just doesn't feel solid. Perhaps its just the lag.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Well my key isn't working so I'm pretty disappointed right now...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Ive tried rift, GW2, SWToR and many more, but this is the first game that I play that I feel like it can replace WoW....

Im playing the beta right now... its great, seriously, all the TES lovers who wanted an "online skyrim" can finally get it! =)

I actually agree. I played a little of WoW and got sucked in immediately, something that hasn't happened to me with other mmorpgs. After about 15 minutes of playing eso I have that same feeling that made me play 20 hours of WoW in one day... Thankfully I have more control now than I did back then. 

But honestly playing $60 for the game then $15 for monthly is the wrong move. Had they gone with a model similar to WoW, free but limited up to like level 10 so you get a taste of the game. Then $10 a month for unlimited access and reduced monthly cost with bulk subscription buys, 3 months, 6 months etc. Had they went that way I feel like this game would take off. Why the need to pay $60 up front? In 4 months at $15 a month everyone who buys the game will pay that much. Surely they don't need that much money upfront.I think their pricing model is going to be the downfall of the game honestly.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

After I get into that spell to get me to Tamriel, the game goes into infinite loading mode and at some time it says it ran into a problem. Does that happen with anybody else? I can't play the game, but I really would like to see how it is

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

I played the game way too long after the servers came back up last night.  I played til 7 am in the morning.  It was a reminder of my old addiction to mmorpgs and it makes me think I can't play this game for sure no matter how much I want to play it.  I know I will end up raiding too much if there is enough of that in the game.  I mean there is the possibility of learning to play casual but at this point I don't see me being able to do it.  Anyway the fallout was I slept in til 2:30 pm or so today and was only made awake because my son knocked at the house door to come over and visit with me.  I am thankful that despite the tiredness I ended up playing rod hockey with him.  I finally put together the STIGA rod hockey table we got and it was loads of fun.  Yet another rod hockey table to play in the house and this offers different game play than our other table.  Fun stuff .... and not something that will keep me up all night and ruin my sleep like say if I played an mmorpg. 

I tried it, had to restart the game to get the first quest to initialize, that pretty much set the tone.

It's buggier than DayZ, it basically a WoW clone, they did nothing special, and it doesn't FEEL like an elderscrolls game.

I was still sort of humming and hawing because I am a huge elderscrolls fanboy, but then the news of the Imperial Edition dropped and that was it for me. You have to buy a special edition that is much more expensive just to play all the races? It's like they wanted to get that last coffin nail in before the game was even released just to be sure that it fails miserably. 

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I played most of yesterday until the servers went down for maintenance,  found a lot of bugs, errors when selling items, getting stuck while talking to NPC and while fighting, had to logout to  "unstuck" from the spot I was on.

Then today when I tried to login I got an error saying I don't have permission to be in that area and can't log back in.

The combat was terribad while it lasted.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I played most of yesterday until the servers went down for maintenance,  found a lot of bugs, errors when selling items, getting stuck while talking to NPC and while fighting, had to logout to  "unstuck" from the spot I was on.

Then today when I tried to login I got an error saying I don't have permission to be in that area and can't log back in.

I had that NPC problem just now. I just gave up and I can agree, The combat just feels like I'm clicking the mouse button with no feedback whatsoever from the game to make it feel like I'm swinging a sword.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

To me the combat is refreshing but honestly why is it that right from the start of mmorpgs we can't have higher difficulty when fighting things?  When I tried to die by standing in AOE I didn't die?  Point is I did not play spot on with awareness and was still living and killing things.  What I want to see is even the simplest creature kill you if you make major mistakes.  How hard is it for them to put this in games?

Stupidly huge download. Over 21GB's later and it says it's at 26 percent

All of my wat

After I get into that spell to get me to Tamriel, the game goes into infinite loading mode and at some time it says it ran into a problem. Does that happen with anybody else? I can't play the game, but I really would like to see how it is

There is a bug with changing areas sometimes. im currently trapped trying to leave one of the areas cant remember which one

I played all yesterday and I enjoy the game a lot. A lot bugs still which are annoying but it's beta. But overall I like the slower leveling and story element in this mmo.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I tried it last night.  Went to create a character, the game hung, and I had to end task it to shut it down.  Did that about 5 times before I quit for the night.  I've yet to be able to try it.  

amd 8350

r9 290 reference

mantle drivers.... maybe that is what is causing weird issues.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

To me this felt like similar to skyrim but multiplayer,  I never had any issues that /reloadui didn't fix instantly, and well frankly is a beta the game isn't finished you expect to find bugs, I enjoyed the little amount of time I've had to play so far but I don't know how long this game will keep my attention as it is now.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Tried it and had major problems with infinite loading screen, falling through the floor when swimming and such. And what is with the crappy speech animations from the characters? Fixing some bugs and a more live combat would help things along, but paying 60 Euros + monthly fees and I cant even play all the races? No way, not worth it one bit. I am a big Morrowind fan and an Elder Scroll fan in general, but this just feels off! Get the mods going for this and it might also help.

All in all I am not going to continue playing it after this weekend.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

Well my only issue thus far isnt even a bug or anything its just the insanely long log in queue sometimes