Elder scrolls online beta, Anyone tried/trying it?

xToFxREAPER

I just decided to redeem the beta key i got last week and waiting on the download right now, figured i would give it a try and if i decide i really like it ill pre order. wondering if anyone else on the forum has yet gotten into the beta. wouldnt mind having a person or two to play with as my friends have yet to receive a beta key.

p.s there is a nondisclosure agreemant involved so i cannot leak anything to you guys as much as i would like to be able to give you guys info that are on the fence about the game

I tried it, it's pretty good. Not something I'd pay a subscription for though so I'm out.

1.5gb left to download.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I tried it, it's pretty good. Not something I'd pay a subscription for though so I'm out.

Thats what ive been hearing which is what turned me off of it to but i figured i would give it a try anyway. Did they make it pretty atleast since we cant use mods this time round?

1.5gb left to download.

i just started mine so ill be waiting a bit, downloading at about 13mb/s though so it shouldnt take to terribly long

Thats what ive been hearing which is what turned me off of it to but i figured i would give it a try anyway. Did they make it pretty atleast since we cant use mods this time round?

i just started mine so ill be waiting a bit, downloading at about 13mb/s though so it shouldnt take to terribly long

I'm downloading at a speed that's 26 times slower than yours.. :D

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

60GB...not worth to use that HDD space.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

60GB...not worth to use that HDD space.

uhmm.. its 20gb....

says my key is invalid, great stuff

contact them? cause thats not fair at all, bethesda is usually pretty good with their customer service

I'm downloading at a speed that's 26 times slower than yours.. :D

yeah my internet is kind of insane sometimes

uhmm.. its 20gb....

contact them? cause thats not fair at all, bethesda is usually pretty good with their customer service

yeah my internet is kind of insane sometimes

Yeah i sent them an email yesterday at 11pm, now its 7pm and still nothing so, still waiting

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I got a beta invite but I don't care enough to bother setting it up.

I'm predicting that this game is going to die off very fast and WOW will continue to be the top MMO.

I got a beta invite but I don't care enough to bother setting it up.

I'm predicting that this game is going to die off very fast and WOW will continue to be the top MMO.

Thats what im thinking to, any mmo is gonna be really hard pressed to take wow down simply because wow has been here so long and was one of the first of its kind if not the first for that matter

Yeah i sent them an email yesterday at 11pm, now its 7pm and still nothing so, still waiting

yeah thats a bit of a wait, i would imagine they are pretty swamped all things considered. i would give it another day or two then spam them :P

I got a key ready for myself, and then I gave it to my friend.

It's not worth a try IMO. I haven't watch him play much, but I think it's not that good compared to other new mmo (guild wars 2 for example).

I will be playing it soon and dedicating as much of the rest of today and the weekend to it.  I got to get some snacks in the house as it has been awhile since I did some marathon gaming and am not prepared.  Unfortunately despite me saying I am dedicating my weekend to it I guarantee visits from people, repairing a pc for someone and even getting our other rig together in this household might slow me down a bit in terms of the amount of time I can play.  Fingers crossed I can deal with visits and tasks in a timely fashion to allow for some long sessions of mmorpging.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

taking an auwfull long time to download 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I will be playing it soon and dedicating as much of the rest of today and the weekend to it.  I got to get some snacks in the house as it has been awhile since I did some marathon gaming and am not prepared. 

Im actually just about to go stock up for my marathon to :) i just hope it turns out to be good. so many people are saying it really isnt that great

Thats what im thinking to, any mmo is gonna be really hard pressed to take wow down simply because wow has been here so long and was one of the first of its kind if not the first for that matter

yeah thats a bit of a wait, i would imagine they are pretty swamped all things considered. i would give it another day or two then spam them :P

Well, not every MMO needs to be as successful as WoW. None of them have, but they end up getting their core audience, and I assume they manage to be profitable. I imagine ESO will be the same. No FPS game lives up to CoD, but it doesn't mean they fail. 

I played a bit of the beta back in November (I think that's when it was). It was okay, but I felt I could get the same amount of fun from other recent MMOs that don't have a sub fee. Plus, between the sub fee, microtransactions, and the race that's only playable if you pay extra for the Imperial edition, I feel like we're approaching EA levels of greed. >_<

If you need a key PM me, got 2 spare still!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Tried it. Didn't pass lvl 3. I didn't see anything to look forward to so no real goal. 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Tried it, played for about 30-40 minutes. It's disappointing. It's dull, unmotivated and utterly boring. Oh, and buggy and laggy as all hell, nearly unplayable.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Tried it, played for about 30-40 minutes. It's disappointing. It's dull, unmotivated and utterly boring. Oh, and buggy and laggy as all hell, nearly unplayable.

its been butter smooth for me... dont know what was wrong for you

seriouly just go get one of the 500k keys curse is giving away (some one posted a link to it in this forum) and try it for yourself. dont listen to someome elses opinion form your own.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

seriouly just go get one of the 500k keys curse is giving away (some one posted a link to it in this forum) and try it for yourself. dont listen to someome elses opinion form your own.

i already have a key, did at the time of posting. wanted to see if anyone on the forums had it and was playing to possibly party up

i already have a key, did at the time of posting. wanted to see if anyone on the forums had it and was playing to possibly party up

oh well in that case ill be playing after work for a bit. I get off work in about 3 hours. so probably 3.5 hours till im rdy to play

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

oh well in that case ill be playing after work for a bit. I get off work in about 3 hours. so probably 3.5 hours till im rdy to play

Ok, im just starting my character now that the download is done so i dont imagine ill be to far along yet

Mine just comes up with webget download fail or something.  Every other download stays at a solid 1.5mb/s. Also when I downloaded all 21gb, it tried to install, then just restarted download.  I'm not that impressed and may just give up, because I'm not paying the subscription

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones