IEMs for Around $150

food158

Apparently the KZ ZS10 Pro's sound as good as $150 though? Bring me the chifi, thank you.

I use AKG k712's, and i do like it's sound signature, for whatever that opinion is worth.

Thinking of:

Moondrop KXXS, it's kind of ugly but i'll live

Ikko OH10

BGVP DM6

iSine LX

Campfire Comet

Sony WF

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

wanna go cheap? go get KZ AS 10 or something. its about $50

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

15 hours ago, food158 said:

I don't have to go that cheap lol

ey, its pretty good . its actually comparable to the BGVP DM6. though its more on the neutral side

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I really like my RHA T20s. Massdrop had a pair of JVC x Massdrop in ears that looked super solid as well...though I can't remember what the model was called.

I also think they were a tad more expensive.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Im a big fan of my shure se215's. The foam tips wear down pretty fast so you'll find yourself replacing them every couple months, but sound wise and comfort wise they're my go to for around the 100$ mark. I;ve run through probably about two pairs in the last few years, and thats only because i accidentally washed the jacket with them in the pocket. The cable is a bit finicky, but third party cables do exist for them as well.

Ive run some of the cheaper iems for stuff like my piano work and i just have never found a pair for less than 80$ give or take that lasted, or was comfortable while still sounding good. Monoprice had some seriously good sounding cheap ones, but the wires on them felt like freaking floss and they broke within 4 months.

Not the most neutral if you're looking for seriously neutral, flat sound if you're planning on mixing with it or something, but for casual listening i find them just damn good.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

I really like my RHA T20s. Massdrop had a pair of JVC x Massdrop in ears that looked super solid as well...though I can't remember what the model was called.

I also think they were a tad more expensive.

I remember these, but now that the iem game is more saturated I wonder how the T20 compares to the other options.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

10 minutes ago, food158 said:

I remember these, but now that the iem game is more saturated I wonder how the T20 compares to the other options.

Depends what kind of sound you like...I liked how they had the swappable tips, since I like a little more bass (and these are supposed to have better bass than most).

Those Ikkos, aside from the box, look sexy AF though...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Depends what kind of sound you like...I liked how they had the swappable tips, since I like a little more bass (and these are supposed to have better bass than most).

Those Ikkos, aside from the box, look sexy AF though...

I like cleaner sound, but still warm. Ikko OH1's might be better than the oh10 in this regard actually.

Problem is that nobody seems to compare the old, established iems to the new stuff coming out.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

7 minutes ago, food158 said:

I like cleaner sound, but still warm. Ikko OH1's might be better than the oh10 in this regard actually.

Problem is that nobody seems to compare the old, established iems to the new stuff coming out.

I just watched a review on it annnnnd it was...decent. Have you ever watched Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews?
He's a bit rough but I tend to trust his opinion, and he tests a lot of stuff, both newer and established.

....he also sounds like Bill Burr which makes me chuckle.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

4 hours ago, food158 said:

Apparently the KZ ZS10 Pro's sound as good as $150 though? Bring me the chifi, thank you.

I use AKG k712's, and i do like it's sound signature, for whatever that opinion is worth.

Thinking of:

Moondrop KXXS, it's kind of ugly but i'll live

Ikko OH10

BGVP DM6

iSine LX

Campfire Comet

Sony WF

I know that I’m completely off the rails here. But the best sound for the money comes from an exciter speaker and a board of polystyrene. Add an amp to that and you have amazing sound for less than  $30 and $80 if you add a cheap China amp. 

Considered the shouer tape, Tin p1, and tin t4? I would disagree with tbe kz comment cause I find a $35 iem the Blon bl03 sounds better than the kzs10 pro. And the moondroo kanas pro sounds better than both I haven't got my hand on the kxxs yet but apparently sound better than the kanas. Personally at this price point I would kinda stay away from any western manufacturers cause really Chifi is where it's at At this price range