Help me by responding to my Driving Stress Survey

Marshy88

Any help would be much appreciated. It takes about one minute to fill it out. I do not collect any personal information.

https://forms.gle/JwdxgGJdnMapUPkm9

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

29 minutes ago, Marshy88 said:

Any help would be much appreciated. It takes about one minute to fill it out. I do not collect any personal information.

https://forms.gle/JwdxgGJdnMapUPkm9

I probably should be more stressed than I am, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ people are idiots... if they hit be while being dumb that just makes them more of an idiot. I get more annoyed then stressed because no one knows how to god damn drive XD

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i7-10510U @ Up to 4.3 GHz all core
- GPU: MX 250
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 2133MTs

Storage: 128GB SATA M.2 (NVMe no worky)
Display: Main 1080p@60Hz + Screnpad Plus 1920x515@60Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

1 hour ago, SocksAndSandals-Kirst said:

"are you from the USA or from Canada?"

rest of the world: am I a joke to you?

Yea, sorry about that. I really should've put a third option. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

To remove stress from driving all you have to do is get a powerful performance car.

They have silly acceleration so getting out the way is not a problem. They have silly powerful brakes so you have to be a total fool to hit someone. They come with sticky tires that make driving in the rain as safe as in the dry. You can jerk them all over the road at high speed and you won't lose control.

If I want stress while driving all I have to do is rent an economy car. They are death traps. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

14 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

get a self driving car, simple

You mean “busses”?  “Taxis”?  As for private cars They don’t exist yet.  There seems to be serious problems making an AI smart enough to drive safely.  Not saying it won’t be done of course.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I saw the questionnaire and I thought "yup, I used to be stressed by a lot of this stuff".

But three years on the road and driving while eating, looking at someone else in the rearview mirror while roadkilling is just another day for me

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

14 hours ago, jones177 said:

To remove stress from driving all you have to do is get a powerful performance car.

They have silly acceleration so getting out the way is not a problem. They have silly powerful brakes so you have to be a total fool to hit someone. They come with sticky tires that make driving in the rain as safe as in the dry. You can jerk them all over the road at high speed and you won't lose control.

If I want stress while driving all I have to do is rent an economy car. They are death traps. 

The tyres that provide optimum grip in the dry are quite different to good wet tyres. Different tread pattern most obviously, dry weather tyres you want a shallow tread to minimize movement, wet weather you want deep treads to displace water away from the contact patch. The rubber compound will be different too as typically in the wet the tyres will be operating at a lower temperature. Most performance road tyres are all rounders, but they either skew dry (making them buttock clenching when there is standing water around) or skew wet (coming up short on a dry road). Combined with firmer suspension, and the constant need for either restraint or awareness of law enforcement, I wouldn't say performance cars are relaxing. Fun, but not relaxing.

A reasonably powerful, un-sporty, saloon/sedan or estate/station wagon is probably the most relaxing drive. Can cruise at the speed limit, maybe a little above, without encouraging you to go *much* faster. Unlike good sports cars which all encourage you to drive it like you stole it.     

11 hours ago, amdorintel said:

automated parking

automated highway driving

automated valet service that drives the car to you

I believe highway driving was on the list in the questionnaire.  The only one, but it’s there.

Stressful highway driving is usually city based high traffic stuff though.  The DC beltway being one famous example.  If it can do that there might be something current.  My memory though is the “highway driving” setting stuff is for empty freeways where the main danger is being able to stay awake.  I could be wrong about that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

38 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

The tyres that provide optimum grip in the dry are quite different to good wet tyres. Different tread pattern most obviously, dry weather tyres you want a shallow tread to minimize movement, wet weather you want deep treads to displace water away from the contact patch. The rubber compound will be different too as typically in the wet the tyres will be operating at a lower temperature. Most performance road tyres are all rounders, but they either skew dry (making them buttock clenching when there is standing water around) or skew wet (coming up short on a dry road). Combined with firmer suspension, and the constant need for either restraint or awareness of law enforcement, I wouldn't say performance cars are relaxing. Fun, but not relaxing.

A reasonably powerful, un-sporty, saloon/sedan or estate/station wagon is probably the most relaxing drive. Can cruise at the speed limit, maybe a little above, without encouraging you to go *much* faster. Unlike good sports cars which all encourage you to drive it like you stole it.     

Ultra high performance summer tires have large straight groves to evacuate water. My favorites are Bridgestone s-04 pole position. They only lasted for about 8,000 miles on my BRZ so I consider them enthusiasts tires. I now use 245/35R19 89W Yokohama Advan Sport V10 tires with even less tread wear on my STI. 

I live in South Florida so I use summer tires all year long. South Florida also has double the rain fall as the UK and uses smaller aggregate in roads so it gets really slippery here.

In the UK I used M&S tires(all season tires). They do not have the ability to move lots of water like summer tires but with the type of aggregate used in roads there I felt they weren't needed.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

11 hours ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

stressed

dont be stressed

just laugh at the lemmings if they get mad

smile and laugh, perhaps wave at them too

The survey is now closed.

Thank you to everyone who participated! Well, eveyone but these guys:

veryfunny.PNG

funnyhqaahapoop.PNG

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)