[CHALLENGE!] Linus I challenge you to build a PC without using any parts made in china.

Zeniv

Some assembly of processors is done in China.  For example AMD may make the silicon die at Global Foundries instead of TSMC , but then they have to put that die on the organic substrate, put the pins on the substrate, test and bin the dies ... these are all done in China or countries like Malaysia.

The motherboards may be done in Taipei or Hong Kong or other places, but at the very least the printed circuit board is probably done in China. A lot of the components on the motherboard will be made in China. 

There's companies like Fujitsu that make motherboards in Germany or other European countries. 

Cables and connectors, you could probably source both from other countries, cable is easy, the pins and connector housings you could probably custom order from a Japan factory or from some non China factory.

A computer case could be made outside China, but... it would be expensive.  LTT did business with a company making custom cases and I think they went bankrupt or something like that 

34 minutes ago, Amirfakhri said:

Linus ,what can you give to me if I build computer 100 % not from chinese as I go to factory .

Nothing.

Also you know this thread is 2 years old? how did you even find it?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

39 minutes ago, Amirfakhri said:

Linus ,what can you give to me if I build computer 100 % not from chinese as I go to factory .

Some attention, maybe

#〰️🔐

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 hours ago, Amirfakhri said:

You get PC that's 100% not made in China. And maybe mention on WAN Show. Now please don't revive ancient threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv