Question for anyone who works in Linus Media that is using the razer Blade?

How is your experience with it so far? I'm just curious since a lot of people complain about the quality of Razer products? I hope you guys reply to this post though! 

Thanks for reading!

Didn't they make a video addressing the issues they had with their Razer Blade laptops?

Doesn't look like a laptop company I would support (not sure why Linus keeps daily driving one though - there might just not be any alternatives for him..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

Didn't they make a video addressing the issues they had with their Razer Blade laptops?

Doesn't look like a laptop company I would support (not sure why Linus keeps daily driving one though - their might just not be any alternatives for him..)

I know there is a video, but I still want to know how it's going so far...

I believe I heard them say somewhere that the failure rate was spectacularly high. Not 100% sure, but I am fairly sure about this.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

23 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I believe I heard them say somewhere that the failure rate was spectacularly high. Not 100% sure, but I am fairly sure about this.

Quote from the first second of the video I linked:
"A third of the Razer Blades that we bought last year have been returned to Razer for diagnosis or repair and still more are suffering from ongoing issues"

Not that positive ...

33 minutes ago, peace20021 said:

I know there is a video, but I still want to know how it's going so far...

The LMG staff are not super active on this forum, just in random threads. You could PM some of them and would have a better chance of getting an answer.

But the experiences I heard from that video + have seen on this forum from other members (very high repair costs for example) have made me avoid Razer for large purchases.

(I know people do have good experiences with warranty in the peripheral department).

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I know people do have good experiences with warranty in the peripheral department

I am one of the people that had good experiences with the warranty and good products, I have been using Razer's products for more than 2 years now and they are still working like I'm expected. I do have some RMA but they happened fast and nicely with helpful representative. Though I don't like some of their product quality though but overall I don't think Razer create bad products. That's my opinion only. 

I don't think most people use them any more. Any video with someone using a laptop, it's not the blade. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Best to ask on Twitter, not many employees are on the forum. And those that are here, are here to maintain the LTT Official section and the Floatplane section and the rare LTT merch issues.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 hours ago, minibois said:

Quote from the first second of the video I linked:
"A third of the Razer Blades that we bought last year have been returned to Razer for diagnosis or repair and still more are suffering from ongoing issues"

Not that positive ...

The LMG staff are not super active on this forum, just in random threads. You could PM some of them and would have a better chance of getting an answer.

But the experiences I heard from that video + have seen on this forum from other members (very high repair costs for example) have made me avoid Razer for large purchases.

(I know people do have good experiences with warranty in the peripheral department).

WTF ... ok im def not buying any more razer products

linus has to make 100's of videos each day, thats the business model to exploit, has to do it while he can

its just mining

13 hours ago, minibois said:

Doesn't look like a laptop company I would support (not sure why Linus keeps daily driving one though - their might just not be any alternatives for him..)

3 hours ago, amdorintel said:

linus has to make 100's of videos each day, thats the business model to exploit, has to do it while he can

its just mining

What kind of silly response is this? What are you trying to say with it?

Do you think Linus is lying in the video to get views..? Or are you saying it's just some non-serious piece?

This a REVIEW of a new laptop with EXPERIENCES of another dozen laptops. REVIEWS are the bread and butter of the LTT channel (well, it was a year or two ago), so you couldn't classify this as a 'well we had to release something..' video.

They have those types of videos, but it's quite obvious which those are (e.g. the 'Linus responds to mean comments' video and... more).

So please elaborate on your comment; because like this it's just a useless remark.