1. Support

2. Reliability

3. Ordering process and delivery time

4. Pricing

100. Performance

I think we can simplify that some more:

1, anything that makes life easier for IT

2, anything else

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

I think we can simplify that some more:

1, anything that makes life easier for IT

2, anything else

Yep, we have a PC ordering portal and you get 3 choices (per type i.e PC, laptop, Mac, Mac laptop) which are for example over spec i5 system or an even more over spec i7 system or finally a way over spec Z4 workstation + Quadro. Pick one, doesn't matter all the options are far more than you need, usually.

8 hours ago, Jito463 said:

What I find funny are those (who work in the tech field, no less) which say "Intel just works", as if there's something magical about Intel processors that makes them more compatible than AMD.

It's also totally possible they just haven't used AMD (in a long time) and only have experience with Intel. Which works all the time for them.

By saying Intel 'works all the time', they aren't nescecarily implying AMD is always broken; they could be saying they don't have experience with AMD.. But it's difficult to know someone's reasoning behind that..

11 hours ago, mr moose said:

I haven't seen that, but I'll accept it happens.

I am mainly dealing with non-business consumers, which do often make that argument.

(Or sometimes even the worse version "my father's uncle's grandson's nephew's buddy told me to not get AMD" or similar)

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

For the corporate clients there is more to it. You have OS deployment workflows and driver packaging, all of which is done already and the drivers are generally common across multiple models and even generations. Switching to AMD requires a whole lot of deployment testing of systems to make sure the new set of drivers install completely successfully and correctly.

Sure, I can see that being the case.

My original comment was mainly with the thought process of it being applicable to regular consumers, who build a PC every 5-10 years and thus do not have the problems mentioned before.

For companies there is something to be said about 'being used to something'.

Same for them picking a certain vendor of motherboard even, because certain features are called the same on the entire platform.. While another mobo vendor might call it something different.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Quite true, I know dozen people with new builds. Also there are those game bundles too. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

9 hours ago, minibois said:

I am mainly dealing with non-business consumers, which do often make that argument.

(Or sometimes even the worse version "my father's uncle's grandson's nephew's buddy told me to not get AMD" or similar)

Sure, I can see that being the case.

Now that definitely is a thing, I have witnessed that first hand myself.    however if we are being honest, it does come of the back of AMD being non existent in the CPU market for quite a long time.  I don't begrudge naive consumers, I just try to educate them a bit better, however i have no tolerance for people on a tech forum who make those claims (just in case anyone didn't notice).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.