[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

5 minutes ago, Teot said:

to minimize Fan operation

Like, for low noise purposes ? There are some PSU lineups out there that are pretty much silent even at full load, Corsair RMx for example. You don't need 50% headroom for that, and yes, 550W looks like blown out number in the first place.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 7/9/2020 at 7:40 PM, blockmasterboyz said:

Are there any good budget PSUs that are 400W+ for a mid-range system that you would recomend. TIA.

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, throw11 said:

Currently looking at this PSU (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-power-supply-white/6411819.p?skuId=6411819) but I can't find ANY information or reviews on it. EVGA doesn't have a W3 model on their site, can anyone provide insight? Looking to build a cheap pc so doesn't require much power.

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:29 AM, Jacob29 said:

Most likely going to be grabbing https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-seasonic-prime-px-full-modular-80-plus-platinum-sli-crossfire-single-rail-54a-135mm-fan-atx-psu later today.

Unless anyone can recommend me anything else at 650w for cheaper price?

Other alternate I found was the FOCUS Plat 650w for £130.

But I do not mind forking out for my PSUs and take them pretty seriously.

1 hour ago, Teot said:

Hello. Could you please help me about which power supply I have to choose.

1. Be Quiet! BN284 Straight Power 11 850W 80+Gold 185$
  2. FSP HYDRO G PRO 850W 80+ Gold    165$ 
  3. Seasonic Focus Plus 850+ Gold 182$ SSR-850FX

there PSU  have 10 years  guarantee. 

My system needs max  ~550W . I  considering using the power supply for many years and I prefer 850W to minimize Fan operation.

By any chance, is there a way to filter the PSUs in the list that have a zero-RPM fan mode?

3 minutes ago, kingmustard said:

By any chance, is there a way to filter the PSUs in the list that have a zero-RPM fan mode?

Most blue and gold colored units should have it.

where does the Corsair CX 650M black label fit on this chart?  The general consensus is that's improved over the green level which means it should be Tier 2+ or even SIngle Rail (Tier 1?)

11 minutes ago, Run KMC said:

where does the Corsair CX 650M black label fit on this chart?  The general consensus is that's improved over the green level which means it should be Tier 2+ or even SIngle Rail (Tier 1?)

there's no "black label" CXM, you probably mean the gray label one, that's in tier B as of right now

and yes, it's improved compared to CXM "green" 430/500/600w, but not against 750/850w

On 7/12/2020 at 6:12 PM, Juular said:

Most blue and gold colored units should have it.

Between 550W and 750W, I believe only Asus and Corsair are making zero-RPM mode PSUs.

eb_zerorpm1.png.84c716782631f581ea3571cd8e1acb70.png

Can anyone confirm?

6 hours ago, kingmustard said:

Between 550W and 750W, I believe only Asus and Corsair are making zero-RPM mode PSUs.

Umm ... no. But why it matters anyway if blue colored units are quiet under 60-70% load anyway even if they don't have semi-passive mode ?

PS: what's that table btw ?

okay so my brother had the same evga shitty psu

now he needs a new one, but stock here in the thirld world it's hard rn

What about the NZXT Hale90 V2?

2 hours ago, gamer from the 3rd world said:

1. likely very old stock because NZXT hasn't sold it in years

2. decent enough for it's time, but not comparable to modern higher end units

I was looking through the units in the units index spreadsheet and noticed a few errors:

• Deepcool DA-N 500/600W models are labeled as group regulated units and the 700W one as DC-DC. This needs to be other way around. We discussed earlier that new DA-N series unit have DC-DC regulation and the 700W unit is still group regulated.
  • Seasonic Focus GX is labeled as a semi-modular unit. This needs to be changed to fully modular and Seasonic Focus GM needs to be added and labeled as a semi-modular unit.

6 hours ago, gamer from the 3rd world said:

It's old.

1 hour ago, Tautedorus said:

I was looking through the units in the units index spreadsheet and noticed a few errors:

Corrected.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:15 PM, LukeSavenije said:

<snipped>

Tier A • Recommended for high-end systems

Multi-rail

<snipped>

Single-rail

<snipped>

What's the difference between multi-rail and single-rail?

22 hours ago, Juular said:

Umm ... no. But why it matters anyway if blue colored units are quiet under 60-70% load anyway even if they don't have semi-passive mode ?

PS: what's that table btw ?

A list of current zero RPM mode PSUs that I could find via. Google.

16 minutes ago, kingmustard said:

What's the difference between multi-rail and single-rail?

Check the commonly mentioned terms at the top of the post.

:)

Thoughts on Vinga VPS 550W  tier B.

Anyone had some kind of experience with it?

17 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Thoughts on Vinga VPS 550W  tier B.

Anyone had some kind of experience with it?

Relatively unknown Chinese OEM but components are very good for it's price and limited data on it's performance shows that it's a decent PSU. It's an Ukrainian brand so if you're looking for first hand feedback you should go to some Ukrainian/Russian forum. This platform is also used by SilentiumPC, Polish brand for their Supremo L2/M2/FM2 lineup so you can extrapolate feedback for these on Vinga too.

13 minutes ago, Juular said:

Relatively unknown Chinese OEM but components are very good for it's price and limited data on it's performance shows that it's a decent PSU. It's an Ukrainian brand so if you're looking for first hand feedback you should go to some Ukrainian/Russian forum. This platform is also used by SilentiumPC, Polish brand for their Supremo L2/M2/FM2 lineup so you can extrapolate feedback for these on Vinga too.

Thanks! But i am not aware of any Ukrainian/Russian forums.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:10 PM, seon123 said:

Seasonic made it confusing by having three separate series named "GX", and two separate series named the "PX". Having Core/Focus/Prime as the series, and then G/P/T for the 80+ certification, and then M/X for semi/full modular. So e.g. Core GX means Core series 80+ Gold rated, fully modular. 

The Prime Ultra Titanium is mostly the same as the Prime Titanium, but with more relaxed fan curves.

The lower wattage Prime Ultra Platinum and Prime Ultra Gold are based on the same platform as the Focus Plus, but is upgraded. Easiest way to tell us by the depth, which is 14cm, Vs 17cm (iirc). For the rest, I think they just relaxed the fan curve. 

For all of the Ultra series, the cables and connectors are changed a bit. 

I haven't seen claims that they changed anything between the Ultra and the Ultra with the new naming scheme. 

So... if for example you want the best value on a 650w seasonic psu and don't care about full modular.. which would you choose?

For example for a 3900x + 2070s.

@Juular, also in the units index Xilence Performance A+ III should be labeled as a semi-modular unit. By the way, are there any plans to add SilentiumPC's units to the index?

@Juular, also in the units index Xilence Performance A+ III should be labeled as a semi-modular unit.

Fixed.

By the way, are there any plans to add SilentiumPC's units to the index?

Definitely, someone just need to have a spare time to do that. But if you want to help we can just give you editing rights, we'll need your Google e-mail to do that if you'd like.

what about the cooler master thunder ? Its very cheap(second hand pretty new, I think) and Im thinking of implementing it in my build... which tier does it belong to? Please let me know. Thanks.

2 hours ago, iGamerYT said:

what about the cooler master thunder ?

Ancient group regulated design, tier D low priority.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, Juular said:

Ancient group regulated design, tier D low priority.

Thanks won't buy it then!