Pewdiepie is banned in China

avg123
29 minutes ago, SenKa said:

YT is banned in china, as lots of people have said here...

So PewteePie just ran out of video ideas?

Won’t visit often..

1 minute ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

So PewteePie just ran out of video ideas?

He ran out of video ideas 10 years ago, lmfao. Pewdiepie relies on controversy to remain culturally relevant because he can't come to grips with the fact that people don't really care about him anymore. Logan and Jake Paul did the same thing, and notice how nobody talks about them anymore? It's only a matter of time before felix is resigned to the same cultural irrelevancy.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Just now, Caroline said:

Getting some tickets to China rn because I'm so sick of seeing this guy everywhere.

Post of the day.

Won’t visit often..

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Getting some tickets to China rn because I'm so sick of seeing this guy everywhere.

Congratulations, your social credit score has increased by 10 points!

-Winnie the Pooh, I guess

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 hours ago, Bacon soup said:

Chinese government are like children.

And children keep throwing tantrums because the adults keep giving in to them. 

I don't see why the child should be blamed for doing what they know will get them their way. 

Youtube and pretty much every other platform the Pewds is on, is banned in China anyway. So unless he was planning a trip to China for some reason, this literally won't change anything for anyone.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Seems like the sinophobia in this thread is still going strong. But let's not get too political:

Pewdiepie's videos get reposted around Chinese Video Sharing sites almost daily, however since the incident the searching of pewdiepie is blocked, forum threads of pewdiepie have been deleted. However from the looks of bilibili most of his videos are still up and active.

image.png.3725cbd0eec4688f98f54952d1f65e05.pngUnfortunately, I don't see him getting unbanned anytime soon since he never gets revenue from these videos.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

17 hours ago, Tegos said:

At this point, I'd consider being banned in China a good thing. 

There should be a label "Banned in China" instead of "Made in China."

I can remember when one of the best things that could happen to dramatically boost book sales was for the bood to get banned in Boston. Now, getting banned in China is the popularity booster.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 10/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, Master Disaster said:

How is this tech news? Social media? Nope. Geo Political? Nope. PewDiePie is a wanker? Yep but still not tech news.

There have been several threads in the "tech news" section which is about stuff like airplanes or websites changing name, etc, and they all belonged in there because "it has to do with tech because websites/airplanes are tech". We've also had several threads about employees from a tech company says something and since they "work for a tech company it's tech news".

If we allow allowed those threads then I don't see why this shouldn't be allowed.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:24 PM, wasab said:

Isn't YouTube banned anyways? 

What difference does this make?

On 10/20/2019 at 12:51 AM, wkdpaul said:

Yeah, unless he had an active Youku or Tudou, this doesn't make much sense since YT isn't available in China (source : lived in China, married to a Chinese!)

23 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Youtube and pretty much every other platform the Pewds is on, is banned in China anyway. So unless he was planning a trip to China for some reason, this literally won't change anything for anyone.

He shows it in the video. It's not that "he is banned so he can't be watched on Youtube". If you go to a Chinese search engine like Sogou and search for his name it shows up with 0 results.Same goes for if you search for him on Youku. He still shows up on some websites but according to some of his viewers, he has disappeared from quite a few websites where you used to be able to find his videos (probably reuploaded by someone with access to Youtube).

On 10/20/2019 at 1:37 AM, SenKa said:

He ran out of video ideas 10 years ago, lmfao. Pewdiepie relies on controversy to remain culturally relevant because he can't come to grips with the fact that people don't really care about him anymore. Logan and Jake Paul did the same thing, and notice how nobody talks about them anymore? It's only a matter of time before felix is resigned to the same cultural irrelevancy.

You could not be further from the truth.

1) He is more popular than ever.

2) He has gotten more views the last couple of months than ever before, and that's without any controversies.

3) He is nothing like the Paul brothers.

The reason he gets in a lot of controversies is because it seems like a lot of people hate him for some reason. And when you got a lot of people hating on you, everything you do gets scrutinized and some people even attempt to create controversy as a way to harm your reputation.

It doesn't even make sense to say that PewDiePie deliberately cause controversy if you follow what is happening. It's other people trying to manufacture controvert around him. Unless you think that he and MDM like Vox and the Wallstreet Journal are collaborating on this.

He points at something in a video? Screenshot it and say he does a Hitler salute!

He wears a shirt with a Bolnisi cross? Quick! Screenshot it and say it's a nazi symbol!

He makes a video where he recommends ~30 smaller channels and one channel has a video where someone makes a joke about nazis? PewDiePie must be trying to turn his viewers into nazis!

Also, it seems like the hate for PewDiePie is alive and well in this thread. I think it's quite amazing that you can make such a dramatic change in content and style and yet people still seems to have the same criticism of you as they did 5 years ago. It's almost as if people just rehash what they have always said, or heard other people say, without making a proper judgement for themselves. Even when he was making book reviews I saw people go "oh PewDiePie just screams and fakes being scared when playing horror games".

11 hours ago, LAwLz said:

There have been several threads in the "tech news" section which is about stuff like airplanes or websites changing name, etc, and they all belonged in there because "it has to do with tech because websites/airplanes are tech". We've also had several threads about employees from a tech company says something and since they "work for a tech company it's tech news".

If we allow allowed those threads then I don't see why this shouldn't be allowed.

He shows it in the video. It's not that "he is banned so he can't be watched on Youtube". If you go to a Chinese search engine like Sogou and search for his name it shows up with 0 results.Same goes for if you search for him on Youku. He still shows up on some websites but according to some of his viewers, he has disappeared from quite a few websites where you used to be able to find his videos (probably reuploaded by someone with access to Youtube).

You could not be further from the truth.

1) He is more popular than ever.

2) He has gotten more views the last couple of months than ever before, and that's without any controversies.

3) He is nothing like the Paul brothers.

The reason he gets in a lot of controversies is because it seems like a lot of people hate him for some reason. And when you got a lot of people hating on you, everything you do gets scrutinized and some people even attempt to create controversy as a way to harm your reputation.

It doesn't even make sense to say that PewDiePie deliberately cause controversy if you follow what is happening. It's other people trying to manufacture controvert around him. Unless you think that he and MDM like Vox and the Wallstreet Journal are collaborating on this.

He points at something in a video? Screenshot it and say he does a Hitler salute!

He wears a shirt with a Bolnisi cross? Quick! Screenshot it and say it's a nazi symbol!

He makes a video where he recommends ~30 smaller channels and one channel has a video where someone makes a joke about nazis? PewDiePie must be trying to turn his viewers into nazis!

Also, it seems like the hate for PewDiePie is alive and well in this thread. I think it's quite amazing that you can make such a dramatic change in content and style and yet people still seems to have the same criticism of you as they did 5 years ago. It's almost as if people just rehash what they have always said, or heard other people say, without making a proper judgement for themselves. Even when he was making book reviews I saw people go "oh PewDiePie just screams and fakes being scared when playing horror games".

Spot on. So many people hating on him only from reading shit the media writes, while not knowing Youtubers are generally a threat to traditional media so it's easy to go after the biggest one. Yes he did some stupid things, but far from the shit some others have pulled who are actually still preferred partner with Youtube. Tall trees catch much wind.

His content is not for everyone, but he also makes pretty diverse content. He does what he thinks is fun, and the fans stick with him because even if it's a low effort concept video like LWIAY or YLYL it's still fun to watch him. He's opened up about that before, explaining he fully expected to lose subs/views when changing his content and how even he thinks it's weird he only keeps on growing. If someone personally doesn't like the videos, fine, but don't hate him for it. I always wonder how old people that do that are. As I got older I learned that people like different things, disliking someone's content or thinking it's not funny doesn't mean that person sucks. That's behavior fitting for a 12 year old.

People thinking he's really how he's portrayed by the media have never properly watched him. He's one of the most honest and genuine creators on the platform, not afraid to give his opinion and admits to his mistakes. Comparing him to the Paul brothers is the dumbest thing someone can do. Yes he can be a screaming man-baby, but that's satire. Check out one of his vlogs, sit downs or book reviews and tell me that he's literally only there to scream and make money.

i dont understand why so many people hate pewdiepie. sure i dont really like his content anymore but i still think hes a pretty cool guy and he worked hard for what he has today

On 10/19/2019 at 10:56 AM, avg123 said:

Honk Kong

was this intentional

honk honk honk

peace was never an option

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh