2x8 DDR4 2400Mhz Corsair

MSI B150 GAMING M3

MSI RX 480 4GB Gaming X

1Tb HDD WD Blue

240GB SSD Kingston A400

1 normal mouse/1 normal keyboard

1 usb 2.0 device (a pair of 2 speakers)

Budget: 80$ USD

By the looks of the USA market on Power Supplies right now, for exactly 80$ this should be your best alternative:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDS3QOK?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, cRsFisA said:

The reviews for it don't look to good

What reviews?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

What reviews?

For the PSU you showed me

Just now, cRsFisA said:

For the PSU you showed me

You mean the Amazon reviews? Not in depth tear down reviews by appropriated testers?

These sort of reviews you have on Amazon hold no value nor meaning as it doesn't even scratch the surface and are 99% of the time misleading, Let me give you an example.

image.png.0537192c4cb869b03deced222f2855d2.png

-

image.png.af099683817b1ef7fc483efbc1e2edf7.png

If you were to base yourself on these "customer reviews" alone you'd be led to believe the M12II is a better unit than the Whisper M.

The reality though is that the M12II is an ancient extremely outdated garbage of a unit when compared to the up-to-date much more reliable and safer Whisper M.

The only "review" that matters are by people with know how on the matter such as @jonnyGURU otherwise you'll just be sheep following other sheep on a sea of misinformation.

Personal Desktop":

A good 500w psu is enough. The RX 480 consumes less than 200w, the rest of the components consume less than 100w.. so you need a psu with more than 300w on the 12v output - any decent 500w psu will do that.

EVGA GQ 650w semi-modular, gold efficiency ... overkill but cheap at 72$ after 20$ mail-in rebates (85$ normal price, plus shipping) : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kz7CmG/evga-power-supply-210gq0650

The fully modular G3 550w also works, if you don't mind waiting for 20$ mail-in rebates (75$, 90$ without rebates): https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sMM323/evga-supernova-g3-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0550

70$ 500w be quiet! Pure Power 11 500W, BN626 semi-modular: https://amzn.to/32mIOto

silver efficiency

75$ beQuiet non-modular 600w Pure Power 10: https://www.amazon.com/quiet-BN674-Non-Modular-Silver-Supply/dp/B07CX32252/

bronze efficiency

90$ , 70$ after mail in rebates: antec high current gamer 750w (oem delta, good) : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/23YXsY/antec-power-supply-hcg750

70-80$ corsair cxm 650w semi modular: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/R2mxFT/corsair-power-supply-cp9020103na

70$ corsair cxm 550w semi : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na

bq series from evga is also decent, semi modular:

600w 65$ after mail in rebates : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DmWrxr/evga-bq-600w-80-bronze-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-110-bq-0600-k1

500w 65$ : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8P7CmG/evga-bq-500w-80-bronze-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-110-bq-0500-k1

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

EVGA GQ 650w semi-modular, gold efficiency ... overkill but cheap at 72$ after 20$ mail-in rebates (85$ normal price, plus shipping) :

a downgraded pp11 really, not something worth over a whisper

The fully modular G3 550w also works, if you don't mind waiting for 20$ mail-in rebates

major problems with opp and otp

70$ after mail in rebates: antec high current gamer 750w (oem delta, good)

nope, switched to andyson a while back

edit: that was high current pro, gamer is a focus (2017)

70$ corsair cxm 550w sem

double forward, totally not worth that much

bq series from evga is also decent

but completely incompatible to a whisper here

Seasonic Focus GX-550

Also their RMA rules. E-mail replies within 5 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Tadej Danev said:

Seasonic Focus GX-550

I'm skeptical until I've got mine tested out a bit

41 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

You mean the Amazon reviews? Not in depth tear down reviews by appropriated testers?

These sort of reviews you have on Amazon hold no value nor meaning as it doesn't even scratch the surface and are 99% of the time misleading,

Actually, they do have meaning.  You have to evaluate their input correctly, but they do offer value.  

Professional reviews also have limitations.  The most obvious being the inability to determine long term reliability or the presence of non-obvious factory defects.  

, Let me give you an example.

image.png.0537192c4cb869b03deced222f2855d2.png

-

image.png.af099683817b1ef7fc483efbc1e2edf7.png

If you were to base yourself on these "customer reviews" alone you'd be led to believe the M12II is a better unit than the Whisper M.

The reality though is that the M12II is an ancient extremelyoutdated garbage of a unit when compared to the up-to-date much more reliable and safer Whisper M....... otherwise you'll just be sheep following other sheep on a sea of misinformation.

Did you criticize people for being sheep?  YOU ARE THE SHEEP!  

You know nothing about the M12II.  You are just bashing it because that is the group think narrative on this forum.  

I second @Princess Luna's recommendation of $80 Whisper M 550, and I think recommending $5 cheaper power supplies of considerably worse quality ($75 PP10 600), or units that are still worse in some aspects while also being far over OP's budget ($95 EVGA G3 550 with $20 rebate), or much worse power supplies in general when OP can afford high-quality ones (suggestions of EVGA BQ or CXM) is uh, weird and may be confusing to our OP.

So which PSU should I get? I see lots of suggestions but I still don't know what to get

Bitfenix Whisper M 550W Would be a reasonable choice. It costs almost exactly 80$

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CZvZxr/bitfenix-whisper-m-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-bp-wg550umag-7fm

Built by CWT and thats good.

Corsair RM550x costs more but is also CWT.

I edit my posts more often than not

2 hours ago, cRsFisA said:

So which PSU should I get? I see lots of suggestions but I still don't know what to get

The Whisper is a strong offering, but nobody has asked you what YOU value.  Tell us a little about about your preferences. 

Do you want the best PSU $80 can buy?  Do you want the cheapest reliable psu?  Do you want modular wires or are regular wires fine?  Do you care about warranty length?  Anything you can tell us will help us make the best recommendation for your particular needs.

why is Whisper M 550 so good?

It has strong balance of performance and build quality.   Think of it as a poor mans RMx.

Well I ended up buying the Seasonic Focus, 80+ Gold, 550W. Hopfully that's gonna be good.

5 minutes ago, cRsFisA said:

Well I ended up buying the Seasonic Focus, 80+ Gold, 550W. Hopfully that's gonna be good.

Why did you make a post on the forum to ask, if you were gonna get a worse PSU than those suggested? 

:)

Wow, imagine wasting the time of at least five different people who posted suggestions or otherwise tried to help/contribute for free... Disregarded just like that.

14 minutes ago, cRsFisA said:

I think that's an excellent choice.  

24 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Why did you make a post on the forum to ask, if you were gonna get a worse PSU than those suggested? 

Well first of all that PSU it's not available in my zone. And all of these comments made me research more about PSU's and what I should look for. It just so happend that I got a good price on the Seasonic one. And trust me it's so much better than the one I currently have.
+ I think a forum should inform you and teach you a thing or two(which is exactly what happend to me). It's not like you're all salesman trying to sell me that specific PSU.

4 minutes ago, cRsFisA said:

Well first of all that PSU it's not available in my zone. And all of these comments made me research more about PSU's and what I should look for. It just so happend that I got a good price on the Seasonic one. And trust me it's so much better than the one I currently have.
+ I think a forum should inform you and teach you a thing or two(which is exactly what happend to me). It's not like you're all salesman trying to sell me that specific PSU.

Don't you think it would be useful to know what's actually available to you? If you aren't buying from the US, don't use USD for your budget, and tell us where you will be buying from. If you did do your research, you would surely find out about the Seasonic's lackluster fan, mediocre transient response, lack of multi rail and protection issues? 

If you are asking for recommendations, that's what you'll get. If you want to learn about PSUs, head over to the jonnyGuru forums. 

:)

21 minutes ago, cRsFisA said:

Ignore the peanut gallery.  They have a bit of a Seasonic hatred, in case you hadn't noticed.  The Focus is a great unit.