97C on my laptop CPU? High temperature when gaming

Hi everyone.

I have this laptop: Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U, GeForce MX150, 8GB RAM Memory, 256GB SSD, E5-576G-5762

I have noticed that the CPU usually operates (office work load) around 50C-60C.

But I just recently downloaded a few games to play with friends at a LAN party and I can see that CPU temperatures, while gaming, go like this (attached file)

You can clearly see that CPU is working from 75C to 90C. Even reaching some quick peaks at 97C. After I turn off the game, in 30 seconds the CPU goes back to normal idle temps. The GPU maxes at 75C so I am not worried about that.

Game performance is actually OK, having these descrete specs in mind.

Are there any risks to playing on this laptop like this? Or is there a maximum amount of tipe per gaming session that I should stick to? Is something wrong with the laptop?

Thanks for the help :)

Laptop Game temps.png

Many modern laptops operate up to 100°C on the CPU. 

Even the very expensive ones. 

I would consider this a normal occurrence, as long as its not throttling. 

Yeah for most of these thin and lights they let them get all the way to 100C before they throttle. My work laptop (and XPS 13) gets to 95 under heavy sustained load from time to time, but it's not due to bad paste or a blocked heatsink. They just keep the fans low to reduce noise.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Ok so there will be no problem if I play at 90C+ for 4+ hours straight? Is it worth turning the fans up a notch? Sound is not really an issue for me.