Which of these is the best aftermarket 5700 xt?

redbread123
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

sapphire is known for their top tier products and standout customer service, the Nitro + would personally be my pick, although on a functional level there's little difference between the high tier models of 5700 XTs so you wouldn't exactly be missing out if you chose something like the red devil.

Saphire nitro+ 5700 xt 3 fans, Power color red devil 5700 xt, or gigabyte gaming oc 5700 xt? I am looking at cooling performance, and reliability.

4 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

Saphire nitro+ 5700 xt 3 fans, Power color red devil 5700 xt, or gigabyte gaming oc 5700 xt? I am looking at cooling performance, and reliability.

the MSI gaming X is the best:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

sapphire is known for their top tier products and standout customer service, the Nitro + would personally be my pick, although on a functional level there's little difference between the high tier models of 5700 XTs so you wouldn't exactly be missing out if you chose something like the red devil.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

the MSI gaming X is the best:

I want a triple fan, for cooling performance, and noise, my case is thicc so space isn't an issue.

18 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Ok, and how much can I overclock, like can I overclock with msi OC scanner with it?

Quietest with triple fan is probably going to be the 5700 XT STRIX, but I'd would love to see a comparison between the STRIX and the Nitro+. The STRIX will idle warmer because of its 0db mode, but I doubt you'll find a quieter/cooler triple fan custom 5700 XT than the STRIX. 

14 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

Quietest with triple fan is probably going to be the 5700 XT STRIX, but I'd would love to see a comparison between the STRIX and the Nitro+. The STRIX will idle warmer because of its 0db mode, but I doubt you'll find a quieter/cooler triple fan custom 5700 XT than the STRIX. 

strix is out of my budget not gonna go over 450$

24 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

Ok, and how much can I overclock, like can I overclock with msi OC scanner with it?

OC abilities are limited with these new GPUs, I wouldn't worry about that being a factor too much.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

OC abilities are limited with these new GPUs, I wouldn't worry about that being a factor too much.

alright thanks.

44 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

I want a triple fan, for cooling performance, and noise, my case is thicc so space isn't an issue.

3 smaller fans does not offer more cooling when compared to 2 bigger ones...it's also louder because you have 3 smaller fans instead of 2 and smaller fans tend to spin faster and have higher pitch.

From my personal experience even though i don,t really care about i just get what's best but cards with 2 good quality fans are always better.

Also numbers dont lie if you watch the review the MSI card runs a lot quieter and a fair bit cooler as well when compared to all the other cards.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

3 smaller fans does not offer more cooling when compared to 2 bigger ones...it's also louder because you have 3 smaller fans instead of 2 and smaller fans tend to spin faster and have higher pitch.

From my personal experience even though i don,t really care about i just get what's best but cards with 2 good quality fans are always better.

Also numbers dont lie if you watch the review the MSI card runs a lot quieter and a fair bit cooler as well when compared to all the other cards.

is there just a mega comparison for all the aftermarket 5700 xt? I thought if the heatsink is bigger it runs cooler, and can be overclocked more, I don't really care about noise.

ok, so which one sapphire nitro+ , powercolor red devil? gigabyte and asus are a no because they are above 450, and gaming X hasn't been released.

6 hours ago, SPARTAN VI said:

Actually it's not. It's PowerColor Red Devil. Check ComputerBase.de or Techpowerup.

I have a Red Devil and this thing is amazing, unlike Nitro which uses all plastic, the Red Devil has actually metal shroud.

To my pleasure, this card is most quiet card I ever had and the temps are amazing (70 on OC mode).

Another thing the Nitro has limited RGB, I feel like Red Devil has better looking RGB implementation, with the back logo and the side.. but this is obviously personal.

15 minutes ago, SliceT said:

Actually it's not. It's PowerColor Red Devil. Check ComputerBase.de or Techpowerup.

I have a Red Devil and this thing is amazing, unlike Nitro which uses all plastic, the Red Devil has actually metal shroud.

To my pleasure, this card is most quiet card I ever had and the temps are amazing (70 on OC mode).

Another thing the Nitro has limited RGB, I feel like Red Devil has better looking RGB implementation, with the back logo and the side.. but this is obviously personal.

TIL that Red Devil and Pulse also have 0db modes. I wish TPU did thermal normalized comparisons. Their results already show the Red Devil can keep the tempatures lower and quieter so even if normalized it wouldn't change the "winner," but it would make comparisons a lot easier when things aren't so obvious. GN does this and it's a very helpful apples-to-apples metric. 

image.png.57d5b53de644c19a36bd19f3a4f1a7f8.png

I'm consistently saddedned that nobody even acknowledges the existence of the ASRock version... (it has a 50% longer warranty period, and is otherwise very similar in every way)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

1 minute ago, BTGbullseye said:

I'm consistently saddedned that nobody even acknowledges the existence of the ASRock version... (it has a 50% longer warranty period, and is otherwise very similar in every way)

well by the time the 3 year warranty is over i'll be out of high school and having a job + by then 5700 xt may be outdated a bit.

Just now, redbread123 said:

well by the time the 3 year warranty is over i'll be out of high school and having a job + by then 5700 xt may be outdated a bit.

It's also between $10 and $100 less expensive than the rest. (same price as the Pulse and Rad Dragon, which is $10 more than the PowerColor AXRX)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms