Help Needed: Controlling Fans/Pump/LEDs

Hey all,
Building a new system in which I'll have 2x240 rads and one pump. May add an inline temp monitor. What sort of arrangement do you suggest for controlling fans and pump speeds? My mobo has headers, but I think I'd prefer some sort of hidden component for a more stealth look. Is an Aquaero still the state of the art? Is there something that will also allow me to control LEDs?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have pretty much the same question, so rather than start a new topic I will add on. I will be building a new system when Threadripper 3rd gen comes out, and I have 2 pumps (Laing DDC3.2) and 6 fans to control. I'm using T-Balancer, but from what I can see the manufacturer is not around anymore (mcubed) and the latest version of the software I have is from 2010. I'm pretty sure it won't work with Windows 10 :)

I can probably still use it in the new build, but I won't be able to change any of the settings without the software. 

Considering it's almost 10 years out of date, I would also like to know what do others use for controlling pumps and fans, or are motherboard good enough these days?

Thanks!

On 9/24/2019 at 5:03 PM, rarifiedbovine said:
Hey all,
Building a new system in which I'll have 2x240 rads and one pump. May add an inline temp monitor. What sort of arrangement do you suggest for controlling fans and pump speeds? My mobo has headers, but I think I'd prefer some sort of hidden component for a more stealth look. Is an Aquaero still the state of the art? Is there something that will also allow me to control LEDs?

Thanks!

Aquaero is the best you can get. tells rpm, voltage and profiles but come's at a cost for $150+ . unless you no how to program an Arduino a cheap pwm hub attaching it to your cpu header is what most people do. 1 cable to the mb. cost around $5 to $30 depending on what hub you want. and they use the biso to set a profile or use speed fan (but might not work for all mb)

you can use corsair commander rgb controller and use icue and can set a profile that's $90 i don't no about nzxt and how it software works. but nzxt price has gone up to like $130+

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 9/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, rarifiedbovine said:
Hey all,

Thanks!

If you want to also control LED (5V addressable) and tick the other boxes (temperature monitoring and fan/pump control) then Corsair's Commander Pro is probably your best bet. If you end up using an inline 10kΩ temperature sensor (and you should), you can configure your fan curves in ICUE based of your sensor temperature and then run without ICUE.

The Aquareo line of products can end up quite expensive ecosystem for what is essentially a fancy 4 channel PWM fan controller.

30 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you can use corsair commander rgb controller and use icue and can set a profile that's $90 i don't no about nzxt and how it software works. but nzxt price has gone up to like $130+

Really? NZXT's official website shows the Grid+ v3 is on special $39.99 - $20 off. It has 6 x PWM fan ports but it lacks support for external sensor inputs.

24 minutes ago, Blai5e said:

If you want to also control LED (5V addressable) and tick the other boxes (temperature monitoring and fan/pump control) then Corsair's Commander Pro is probably your best bet. If you end up using an inline 10kΩ temperature sensor (and you should), you can configure your fan curves in ICUE based of your sensor temperature and then run without ICUE.

The Aquareo line of products can end up quite expensive ecosystem for what is essentially a fancy 4 channel PWM fan controller.

Really? NZXT's official website shows the Grid+ v3 is on special $39.99 - $20 off. It has 6 x PWM fan ports but it lacks support for external sensor inputs.

oh i guess the price came down. i still don't like the idea of a build in mic....

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links