i had 2 really slow ssd's so i did this

Mattsk
1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

RAID 0 doesn't double the chance of drive failure. 

It theoretically doubles the chance of data loss (without factoring in things like the increased chance of corruption and issues that come with any type of RAID). I despise RAID 0 in most cases, but it does have its uses. 

and other reason i did raid was so i have more space aswell 

Just now, Lurick said:

I'll agree there are some things I take issue with what Microsoft did, like splitting up the control panel, it's annoying, but not game breaking imo. It's definitely annoying though :) Server 2016 and 2019 definitely have some issues with them though from an admin level

Windows Update is my main problem with Server 2016. Even when it's managed through WSUS, it's still a pain in the ass. 

You search for updates, it finds them, then installs them without asking, and there's no option to cancel. God forbid you use Microsoft Update, then it will just pull everything down it wants. YAY for day 0 patches that can bork essential applications. 

We've had some issues at work with Windows Update on 2016 breaking an entire domain essentially because of it downloading whatever it pleases. 

1 minute ago, Mattsk said:

Well i did benchmarks and tested it GPU

CPU

SSD

and its all better 

windows 7 is better then 10

Please post them.

You need to show the results of both OS's running on identical hardware, that means you need to show windows 7 running on one ssd only and running on your current raid setup, then you need to show the same for windows 10.

Until you do that we have no reason to believe you are getting different results to the rest of the tech industry

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

it doesn't matter what you think at all cause the improvements i have seen prove you all wrong 

Just now, mr moose said:

But his claims are that windows 7 is faster.  that is not true.  I also hate the new menu layouts, but UI is not he same as performance.

I mean, it kind of is. 

To be honest, my experience of it comes more from the Server variations that are based on the same framework as W7 and W10. Server 2016 is always the slowest and most buggy when working on a group of servers. 

From an everyday use point of view, it's not faster, or at least not noticeably. But when it comes to system components, I'd say W10 is definitely slower. Even when it comes to installing system updates, W10 is always slower by quite a long margin. (again, this is mostly from the Server OSes. I use them more on a day to day basis in terms of administration)

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

The only people that think 10 is trash are wannabe forum nubs who think it's cool to say shit like that.  Most people in the industry don't say anything of the sort and follow the benchmarks and tested processes.

Not exactly. I've finally had/decided to move to Windows 10 when I got a new motherboard + cpu + SSD a few months ago. Literally the only reason for moving was that Windows 7's support ends relatively soon. So far, there have been a few good things about Windows 10, but if I'm being honest, there are more bad things, and also in areas I did not expect them to be. I don't care all too much about the spying stuff and so, so I won't complain about that. Other things though, like 5.1 surround audio being COMPLETELY broken, the bubbles screensaver being broken, it costing three darn different difficult to find places to get rid of the stupid password I didn't want, the split of configuration center and settings, the search thing sometimes being broken, the taskbar showing just 2+ of the same program instead of 3+, alt + tab not going to the desktop, and so on and so on and so on. I'm frustrated on a daily basis, which I definitely wasn't when I used Windows 7.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

6 minutes ago, mr moose said:

But his claims are that windows 7 is faster.  that is not true.  I also hate the new menu layouts, but UI is not he same as performance.

and yeah it is faster when 7 has way less bloatware to load

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Windows Update is my main problem with Server 2016. Even when it's managed through WSUS, it's still a pain in the ass. 

You search for updates, it finds them, then installs them without asking, and there's no option to cancel. God forbid you use Microsoft Update, then it will just pull everything down it wants. YAY for day 0 patches that can bork essential applications. 

We've had some issues at work with Windows Update on 2016 breaking an entire domain essentially because of it downloading whatever it pleases. 

For the most part for everyday users they should not be manually updating, they should have their updates set to recommended as windows will only install updates that have been tested to work on your specific PC.  I have an older PC that windows would not update beyond 1803 because of incompatibilities.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

Not exactly. I've finally had/decided to move to Windows 10 when I got a new motherboard + cpu + SSD a few months ago. Literally the only reason for moving was that Windows 7's support ends relatively soon. So far, there have been a few good things about Windows 10, but if I'm being honest, there are more bad things, and also in areas I did not expect them to be. I don't care all too much about the spying stuff and so, so I won't complain about that. Other things though, like 5.1 surround audio being COMPLETELY broken, the bubbles screensaver being broken, it costing three darn different difficult to find places to get rid of the stupid password I didn't want, the split of configuration center and settings, the search thing sometimes being broken, the taskbar showing just 2+ of the same program instead of 3+, alt + tab not going to the desktop, and so on and so on and so on. I'm frustrated on a daily basis, which I definitely wasn't when I used Windows 7.

i had my pc on windows 10 once and it messed up even know i didn't do anything and it wouldn't let me put my password in the box for the password wasn't there and i had to reinstall windows cause of that 

Just now, mr moose said:

For the most part for everyday users they should not be manually updating, they should have their updates set to recommended as windows will only install updates that have been tested to work on your specific PC.  I have an older PC that windows would not update beyond 1803 because of incompatibilities.  

To be fair, I'm not sure they've all been tested. At least, not to the extent they should be. 

The security updates for June all broke some core event viewer features like filtering and custom views. For normal every day users, not a massive issue, but big problems for servers. My issue with Windows Update is primarily for servers rather than W10 though and most people updating servers aren't everyday users (or shouldn't be)

4 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

it doesn't matter what you think at all cause the improvements i have seen prove you all wrong 

Only in your mind.  Proof has to be presented not just claimed.

2 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Most of what you are listing is not an intrinsic windows 10 issue that causes those problems.  

Just now, Mattsk said:

i had my pc on windows 10 once and it messed up even know i didn't do anything and it wouldn't let me put my password in the box for the password wasn't there and i had to reinstall windows cause of that 

Clearly every copy  of 10 causes these problems.  ?

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

To be fair, I'm not sure they've all been tested. At least, not to the extent they should be. 

The security updates for June all broke some core event viewer features like filtering and custom views. For normal every day users, not a massive issue, but big problems for servers. My issue with Windows Update is primarily for servers rather than W10 though and most people updating servers aren't everyday users (or shouldn't be)

No, they should have a completely independent update policy from normal windows users. 

Here we are talking about a home desktop not a server. 

I have Windows 7,Windows 10.and Windows Server 2019 in triple boot on the same machine (All up to date).

I benchmarked all of them,

Windows 7 has the best CPU performance,

Windows Server 2019 has the best GPU performance,

Windows 10 have worse CPU performance than both.

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2019 are more reliable than windows 10.

Storage performance is the same across all 3 operating systems.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, mr moose said:

Only in your mind.  Proof has to be presented not just claimed.

Most of what you are listing is not an intrinsic windows 10 issue that causes those problems.  

Clearly every copy  of 10 causes these problems.  ?

windows 7 has 30% market share people don't want to upgrade for a reason

since 7 has the same requirements as windows 10

and if you have hdd on windows 10 your out of luck 

cause of page filing taking up space and making the hard drives run slower 

windows 7 is far better then 10 and always will be 

and its not a claim it's faster  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

They were problems I did not have to deal with on my many Windows 7 devices, but I do have to deal with on my two devices that have Windows 10 currently. If you could help me find a solution to even one of them I'd love you forever. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

8 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

7's 30% market share is NOT because people think it is better, rather because it WAS the standard.  99% of that 30% is in a corporate setting where upgrading all of the pcs to 10 would either be too much hassle, cost too much, cause too much downtime, or cause incompatibility with the equipment that is already in use.  They are either running 7 out of laziness or necessity, not because it is any "better"  This is the reason XP had such a large market share for so long, even though it was OBJECTIVELY far worse.

My recommendation is for you to install arch.  It will be completely free of all of this "bloat" you keep complaining about, is actually supported by its creators, and is IMO, a good learning experience.

Spoiler

REEE ARCH

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

1 minute ago, FezBoy said:

7's 30% market share is NOT because people think it is better, rather because it WAS the standard.  99% of that 30% is in a corporate setting where upgrading all of the pcs to 10 would either be too much hassle, cost too much, cause too much downtime, or cause incompatibility with the equipment that is already in use.  They are either running 7 out of laziness or necessity, not because it is any "better"

My recommendation is for you to install arch.  It will be completely free of all of this "bloat" you keep complaining about, is actually supported by its creators, and is IMO, a good learning experience.

Reveal hidden contents

REEE ARCH

but i bet you Crapton of people game on 7 cause 10 is trash

All im gonna say is that windows 10 isn't trash. i couldn't care less about spyware, besides i have malware bytes running 24/7 so i don't get viruses because i don't install dodgy apps because viruses don't just happen. I''ve used windows 10 since day 1 for 3 years. Not a single problem besides bluetooth drivers

Pc value: 9999999$. Alienware 15 r2: 16GB Ram ddr3, Intel Core i-7 4110HQ @ 3.5ghz, gtx 970m, 1 TB HDD *for games*, 120GB SSD *for windows*.

fastest boot time, 6.5 seconds

7's 30% market share is NOT because people think it is better, rather because it WAS the standard.  99% of that 30% is in a corporate setting where upgrading all of the pcs to 10 would either be too much hassle, cost too much, cause too much downtime, or cause incompatibility with the equipment that is already in use.  They are either running 7 out of laziness or necessity, not because it is any "better"

Reveal hidden contents

REEE ARCH

and if that is true then why is not everyone on 10

cause its crap

but i bet you Crapton of people game on 7 cause 10 is trash

its not funny when its true

Just now, Mattsk said:

cause its crap

Read the post.  The majority of the post was outlining why everyone isn't on 10

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

cause its crap

that was literally answered in the same post you quoted

3 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

They are either running 7 out of laziness or necessity, not because it is any "better"

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Read the post.  The majority of the post was outlining why everyone isn't on 10

Windows 10 is garbage 

7 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

Maybe, but it's not the reason you think and market share isn't evidence of anything other than market share.

since 7 has the same requirements as windows 10

system requirements doesn't equal performance.

and if you have hdd on windows 10 your out of luck 

HDD on ten doesn't mean anything unless you are trying to compare it to a another machine with different hardware as you appear to be doing.

cause of page filing taking up space and making the hard drives run slower 

Page filling is the same in both,

windows 7 is far better then 10 and always will be 

Just your opinion, not a fact.

and its not a claim it's faster  

you really did:

If windows 10 was like 7 same performance and a slight better design and no spying i would use it

6 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

They were problems I did not have to deal with on my many Windows 7 devices, but I do have to deal with on my two devices that have Windows 10 currently. If you could help me find a solution to even one of them I'd love you forever. :)

I'll try,  But right now I have to go to work.