$400 - $500 USD Budget for PC focused toward gaming!

CSGOaddict

I know this isn't the best price range for gaming, but I want to play games such as CS:GO, R6 and GTA V at 60+ fps 1080p (I dont care about quality settings, they can be all low i really dont care). 

BUDGET WILL HAVE TO INCLUDE MONITOR!!! I was thinking about the 75hz Acer one that LTT talked about for like 80 bucks!

- This is  my first build.

- I was thinking for a Ryzen 3 2200g or 3200g but was there a thing where I cant use 450M motherboards without being able to update the bios? So i guess I cant do these CPUs<<<

- So yeah I would need something thats easy to build.

- I also don't care for an SSD, but I'd like one if we can somehow fit one in my budget!

- I dont want to go over 500! 

Thanks a lot,

CSGOaddict

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($59.35 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.48 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($41.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Patriot Burst 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $524.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-24 15:26 EDT-0400

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Green 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.48 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill FBM-06 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg Business)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $469.01
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-24 15:28 EDT-0400

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Green 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($39.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.48 @ Amazon)
Total: $469.01
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-24 15:28 EDT-0400

Why no GPU? A 1200 + 570 is VASTLY superior. You can also easily fit a 500GB SSD for less than the price of that SSD and HDD combo.16GB of RAM is not needed for those games and is kinda wasting the budget

Just now, 5x5 said:

Why no GPU? A 1200 + 570 is VASTLY superior. You can also easily fit a 500GB SSD for less than the price of that SSD and HDD combo.16GB of RAM is not needed for those games and is kinda wasting the budget

Tweaked your build a bit to bring it as close to the $500 limit which OP said they didn't want to exceed as possible.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $504.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-24 15:31 EDT-0400

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Tweaked your build a bit to bring it as close to the $500 limit which OP said they didn't want to exceed as possible.

PCPartPicker Part List

Anything else but the WD Green SSDs - they are super unreliable.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Anything else but the WD Green SSDs - they are super unreliable.

There were dozens around that price point, WD Green is just what I landed on. I saw several brands which I have no familiarity with though so I can't speak to all of them.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

There were dozens around that price point, WD Green is just what I landed on. I saw several brands which I have no familiarity with though so I can't speak to all of them.

Imo the OP should stretch 20$ for a 500GB SSD but if he can't, a Crucial MX should be good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072M34RQC   $110 you can get a similar panel for 10$ cheaper...but....this one has a much much better stand...and the longer you have it..the more valuable the stand becomes.

If you have any access to an old case that would save you some money and not really affect performance, though might be a bit heavy and possibly slightly annoying to build in.

If you have an older monitor or tv for a temporary solution, that would also allow you to save for that little bit more $

@thx1138change the board to the Pro4 imo - the MSI A-Pro is not great and the BIOS is objectively terrible.

Just now, 5x5 said:

@thx1138change the board to the Pro4 imo - the MSI A-Pro is not great and the BIOS is objectively terrible.

it have better VRM, its MSI BIOS most mobo on a brand have a same BIOS

Just now, Oalei said:

it have better VRM, its MSI BIOS most mobo on a brand have a same BIOS

No? Not remotely true - it's also got a smaller heatsink and the VRM is pretty much identical in it's capacity. It's objectively worse.

Just now, 5x5 said:

No? Not remotely true - it's also got a smaller heatsink and the VRM is pretty much identical in it's capacity. It's objectively worse.

it have 4C010N and 4C06N iirc if that what its called, the same as tomahawk vrm idk about the heatsink thou.

7 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

$110 you can get a similar panel for 10$ cheaper...but....this one has a much much better stand...and the longer you have it..the more valuable the stand becomes.

So you're telling OP to get a lower refresh rate and more expensive monitor because "it has a better stand"?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

@5x5

I like your build, and im sure there will be some thanksgiving sales so the price drops below 500, the only thing is, is the CPU a little outdated?? Or should that be okay until I can upgrade in the future? Also, is a 450W powersupply should be enough?

3 hours ago, Oalei said:

it have 4C010N and 4C06N iirc if that what its called, the same as tomahawk vrm idk about the heatsink thou.

No...it's not the same. At all. Seriously, if you don't know what you're talking about - don't give bad advice.

3 hours ago, CSGOaddict said:

@5x5

I like your build, and im sure there will be some thanksgiving sales so the price drops below 500, the only thing is, is the CPU a little outdated?? Or should that be okay until I can upgrade in the future? Also, is a 450W powersupply should be enough?

It's more than capable - the Ryzen 3 1200 is basically the same performance as an i5 4590 - more than enough for those games and for keeping an RX 570 fed.

The PSU is also fine - the total system power draw is about 200W as is.

Just now, 5x5 said:

No...it's not the same. At all. Seriously, if you don't know what you're talking about - don't give bad advice.

im using this forum VRM list if its wrong then my bad.

Just now, Oalei said:

im using this forum VRM list if its wrong then my bad.

Exactly - you aren't reading it properly. The Tomahawk is tier C. The MSI A-Pro and Gigabyte DS3H are tier E - two tiers down. Same tier as a Pro4 but with worse firmware and BIOS implementations.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Exactly - you aren't reading it properly. The Tomahawk is tier C. The MSI A-Pro and Gigabyte DS3H are tier E - two tiers down. Same tier as a Pro4 but with worse firmware and BIOS implementations.

Tier C 125A current draw on little ambient airflow, maxed out 2700X on ambient cooling (P95)

Asus: X470 Strix-I, B450 Strix-I, X370 Prime Pro

Asrock: X570 Pro4 (ATX & mATX), Phantom 4

Gigabyte: X570 Gaming X, X370 Gaming K7, Gaming 5

MSI: X570 Gaming Plus, Edge, X470 Gaming Plus, Gaming Pro, B450 Gaming Pro Carbon, Tomahawk (& Max), Gaming Plus (& Max), A Pro (& Max), Mortar (& Max), Gaming Plus (mATX), Bazooka Plus, X370 M7 ACK, XPower Titanium

i was talking about the drive thingy that only listing VRM not the tiers

26 minutes ago, Lurick said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Would I be better off having a 240 gig ssd than a 1TB HD?

Also, side note, wtf is an SSHD? Is that a good compromise? 

Just now, CSGOaddict said:

SSHDs are a good way to waste money. Avoid them.

ANd yes - SSD is better. Get one.

1 minute ago, CSGOaddict said:

SSHD is like a HDD with a small bit of super fast storage. Think of it kind of like Intel Optane, it accelerates frequently accessed files but they are generally pretty crap. I would go with a 240GB SSD to start with and then toss in a HDD later on down the line.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

@5x5

I do not have experience with the BIOS...so ,...okay..though the common person only goes to the BIOs once or twice...but I will keep in mind.

58am663beh931.png

@5x5

While upgrading the cpu to a 2200 or 3200 would be awesome for increased RAM speed memory support. and generally speed boosts and niceties......

that is not really in the budget.

a 450-650w psu is all that is needed for 95% of common consumers. with most needing 450w

It was hoped to be a good compromise...but on a SSD (or anything that uses SSD memory) The Controller chip is a significant cost....and when they put a cheap one....it hurts you in the long term. 

and sadly ssHD were too early....and now not worked on to be at the level that would be required for beneficial compromise

3 hours ago, Lurick said:

So you're telling OP to get a lower refresh rate and more expensive monitor because "it has a better stand"?

....I don't recommend monitors smaller than 23"

I also weigh the compromises of 'Short term VS Long term' of owning a product. 

The cost is significant enough(compared to the budget)...that only one purchase will be made and then kept with.

So while the small problems that come with cheaping out in the short term don't seem that bad.... gradually these issues grow as the item becomes older.

I have many electronics that I have had for over a Decade. ...so yes....I would advise this monitor based on its features and stats over the other one, in this price area.

25 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

While upgrading the cpu to a 2200 or 3200 would be awesome for increased RAM speed memory support. and generally speed boosts and niceties......

I'd be okay with it going up that little bit, since the 2200g is just a few dollars more, but the 450M motherboards are not compatible with it unless they get a bios update, which I cant do since I dont have a compatible CPU...

so yeah

8 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

I'd be okay with it going up that little bit, since the 2200g is just a few dollars more, but the 450M motherboards are not compatible with it unless they get a bios update, which I cant do since I dont have a compatible CPU...

so yeah

https://premiumbuilds.com/motherboards/list-of-motherboards-with-usb-bios-flashback/

Bios flashback allows updating without a compatible cpu.

The MSI A-Pro is one

also...its the 3200g that wouldnt be supported out of the box. on a 400 series motherboard

if going to go for the 2200 or 3200...For BEST price/perf ....for the cheapest...for the best performance over time...