How Wud You Paint A Bitfenix Prodigy Case?

I really wouldn't recommend it. The soft touch coating on the front is not great for painting and the flexible top and bottom WILL crack the paint when they flex.

Are you completely repainting it or just adding some art to it?

I believe the Prodigy is part plastic and part metal, so you might want to buy paints specific for those materials(can be picked up at almost any hardware store).

I wouldn't do it personally, there are so many colors for the Prodigy it isn't even funny. If anything get a white one, it'll be easier.

i would just vinyl wrap , if i had one i would consider maybe importing the sticker bomb vinyl wrap from germany i think that would be cool

$(KGrHqZ,!loFCCP8tLUwBQz05ZmcMg~~60_12.J

Its all about those volumetric clouds

carefully 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I really wouldn't recommend it. The soft touch coating on the front is not great for painting and the flexible top and bottom WILL crack the paint when they flex.

I see what you mean, but im uring romething called rubberspray, it is a combination of normal hobby painting and rubber... this means it is flexible enugh to handle it, no cracks :P It is usen on cars that you want to paint but being able to remove it afterwards :D   

https://www.facebook.com/Rubberspray

Are you completely repainting it or just adding some art to it?

I believe the Prodigy is part plastic and part metal, so you might want to buy paints specific for those materials(can be picked up at almost any hardware store).

I wouldn't do it personally, there are so many colors for the Prodigy it isn't even funny. If anything get a white one, it'll be easier.

thinking of getting the black one (because of the air intake in the front is better on that one) and paint some real brigth orange stripes in it. or some scratch marks from the inside and write "UNLEASH THE BEAST"

+ it makes the stands a little stiffer

i do use the rubber paint to fix small stuff, forexampe the other day my dogs rope snapped, so i did just merge the ropes together and sprayed a 2mm thick rubber cover on it :D

its like a 1-2mm protective cover, it does flex verry much ! the cracks you where talking about is really no problem :D

On a similar topic, I was thinking of painting my interior all black for my Old HAF 932  case which is bare steel colour within.

What should I use ? Was thinking some spray can a couple of layers. But not an expert of what brand/ colour/ with finishes too (glare/ semi gloss)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I would 100% be listening to Linus on this one, you'd never get paint to properly adhere to that surface, I know plenty of people seem to have done it on YouTube video's, but time will tell on that.

ofr057's idea seems good I would like to see that, or what about that plastic dye? Not sure if it would work, it might show up some color differences over the different substrates but it's an idea.

@Andy28, the only color I would recommend with an aerosol is Matt black and still would put me off as it's a single pack paint. If you want to change the colour I recommend getting a clear over base professionally done with a matte or satin lacquer to hide any scratches that may arise from working in there.  

my local pc hardware shop posted this on their facebook page

kGgRCGa.png

my local pc hardware shop posted this on their facebook page

kGgRCGa.png

It looks like this was painted; I am not sure how exactly but i assume it was done by using a sponge and dabbing the case. I could be entirely wrong but it may be some sort of thick oil based paint that has texture to it.

Willing to give my advice on what to do, don't let the "The material is too smooth" excuse deter you from doing this the paint shop will tell you what to do, they are professionals. 

1. Find your local automotive paint store.

3. Take the case to them.

4. Explain everything you want to do and say "I have no idea what paint type to use can you help me out?"

5. They will pick out the correct types of primer and paint for you to use and mix your colour.

6. Follow the instructions

7. Profit

Watch Singularity Computers, he painted a PRodigy and it came out awesome, modded the hell out of it too!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife