Best ~$800 GPU for this build?

Buksi

The following build is what I'm planning to purchase next month, still got time to switch things around but thanks to this forum and some others I - as a hardware noob - have been able to put together this so far (let me know if you'd change something though!): 

(Will probably need a somewhat cheaper but great CPU cooler, for motherboards I've been thinking about the more expensive GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE or the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS too but I have no idea about motherboards so will have to look them up, haven't decided on the RAM either, I know I want 3200MHz CL16 for this budget, not set on case either as I only want good functionality (airflow, cable management, etc), don't care too much about aesthetics and RGB, and as for the PSU I want a higher power one so I won't have to upgrade it in a year or two when I want to upgrade something)

So what I have left in my budget is around $800 for the GPU. What would you guys recommend? I'll switch to 1440p 144Hz 1ms monitor later this year or early next year so I want to get a GPU with that in mind but for now I'll use a 1080p 144Hz 1ms monitor.

Thanks in advance!

2080 Super. Although you still won't be able to do 144fps at ultra most probably.

I use it on a 4k Tv at 50-60 fps for most titles

29 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Going with a Ryzen 7 (stock cooler) and a $800 GPU (So most likely a RTX2080) will be very warm inside that case. I would personally recommend a case with a bit better airflow to help keep the system at good temperatures (I consider "good" under 80ºC). A Fractal Design Meshify C, Coolermaster Masterbox MB511 RGB Mastercase H500 or Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG would generally be my recommendation for a system like this. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Going with a Ryzen 7 (stock cooler) and a $800 GPU (So most likely a RTX2080) will be very warm inside that case. I would personally recommend a case with a bit better airflow to help keep the system at good temperatures (I consider "good" under 80ºC). A Fractal Design Meshify C, Coolermaster Masterbox MB511 RGB Mastercase H500 or Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG would generally be my recommendation for a system like this. 

Meshify C is on the smaller side but has excellent airflow and has a similar minimalistic look to the H500, so i'd really recommend the white version of that

52 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Looks like my case problems are solved, gonna go with the Fractal Design Meshify C then, although the Coolermaster Masterbox MB511 RGB Mastercase H500 is somewhat cheaper in my country.

31 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Meshify C is on the smaller side but has excellent airflow and has a similar minimalistic look to the H500, so i'd really recommend the white version of that

So I wanna know what the difference is between the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X and the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE or the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS motherboards. Around this time next year I'll most likely be upgrading to a top top GPU so I want a motherboard with that in mind but still be in this budget.

As for the RAM, there is non for sale in my country of those Team T-Force Vulcan, looked everywhere. I looked at the following RAMs so far that are purchasable:

https://www.arukereso.hu/memoria-modul-c3577/f:kapacitas-16-gb,memoria-tipusa-ddr4,3200-mhz,memoriakesleltetes-cl-16,memoriakesleltetes-cl-14,dual-channel-kiszereles/

The ones around 30 000 Ft are in my budget.

As for the PSU, I read some bad things about Corsair ones, not sure though... In my country they recommend that BitFenix Whisper M a lot.

Also that Intel SSD is so so expensive here, everyone is buying that Samsung Evo 970.

Thanks for the help guys!

3 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Looks like my case problems are solved, gonna go with the Fractal Design Meshify C then, although the Coolermaster Masterbox MB511 RGB Mastercase H500 is somewhat cheaper in my country.

So I wanna know what the difference is between the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X and the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE or the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS motherboards. Around this time next year I'll most likely be upgrading to a top top GPU so I want a motherboard with that in mind but still be in this budget.

As for the RAM, there is non for sale in my country of those Team T-Force Vulcan, looked everywhere. I looked at the following RAMs so far that are purchasable:

https://www.arukereso.hu/memoria-modul-c3577/f:kapacitas-16-gb,memoria-tipusa-ddr4,3200-mhz,memoriakesleltetes-cl-16,memoriakesleltetes-cl-14,dual-channel-kiszereles/

The ones around 30 000 Ft are in my budget.

As for the PSU, I read some bad things about Corsair ones, not sure though... In my country they recommend that BitFenix Whisper M a lot.

Also that Intel SSD is so so expensive here, everyone is buying that Samsung Evo 970.

Thanks for the help guys!

That RAM will be fine

As for PSU, refer to this PSU list to determine quality. Bitfenix Whisper is Tier A+ so it is very good. Tier A and A+ should be fine for your use case.

The MB511 RGB and H500 are very good choices for airflow too. If you want to save money and go for those then it'll be fine

The difference between most X570 motherboards is mostly build quality, aesthetics and power delivery. Motherboard shouldn't affect anything about your GPU, and pretty much all X570s are high end so they'll all be fine. Ryzen 7 3700X pulls very little power so the lowest end X570 is more than enough for the 3700X

Samsung 970 Evo is a very good SSD so you're fine with that

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

-snip-

Nice PSU tier list! Is there any difference between Bitfenix Whisper M and the one on the list where it doesn't say M? Sorry for the noob question haha. Maybe it's the same thing.

Which RAM? Any of those from the list or the one I linked with pcpartpicker?

Just checked out the Cooler Master Masterbox MB511 (non RGB version) and it's really cheap compared to the other cases we've been talking about. Do you think I should be great with that? Mastercase H500 looks absolutely amazing to me but it is literally twice the price of the MB511 which I don't want to pay for now, as I said I don't care about aesthetics and RGB, still the MB511 looks great to me.

So I guess the Gibabyte X570 Gaming X is good enough with this build? Am I gonna have to upgrade that in 1-2 years time when I'll be upgrading to a top tier GPU and maybe even upgrade the 3700x? This Gaming X is the cheapest out of the ones I've mentioned so yea.

Dang, I'm getting close to finalizing the end product here, this is getting exciting! Thanks guys!

@Buksi Nem kell túlaggódni se az alaplap VRM, se a procihűtést. A 3700x egy középkategóriás B450-esen is teljesen kényelmesen elvan& a gyári hűtője sem túl acélos. Igazából bármi X570-est veszel, tökéletes lesz, de igazából egy B450 Tomahawk MAX is tökéletes lenne. 

A Zen2-es prociknak meg annyira kicsi a túlhúzhatósága, hogy érdemben amúgy sem tudod túlhajtani, így a kevésbé jól hűtött VRM sem lenne nagy probléma. 

Videokártyát érdemes a mindenkori monitorhoz választani. Szerintem egy 5700XT már remek választás lenne. Házból az MB511 ára engem is meglepett, gyakorlatilag gombokért szórják. Ha tényleg jó, akkor kiváló vétel. 

Csak mókából ment el így..

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

On 8/14/2019 at 10:17 PM, Buksi said:

Nice PSU tier list! Is there any difference between Bitfenix Whisper M and the one on the list where it doesn't say M? Sorry for the noob question haha. Maybe it's the same thing.

Which RAM? Any of those from the list or the one I linked with pcpartpicker?

Just checked out the Cooler Master Masterbox MB511 (non RGB version) and it's really cheap compared to the other cases we've been talking about. Do you think I should be great with that? Mastercase H500 looks absolutely amazing to me but it is literally twice the price of the MB511 which I don't want to pay for now, as I said I don't care about aesthetics and RGB, still the MB511 looks great to me.

So I guess the Gibabyte X570 Gaming X is good enough with this build? Am I gonna have to upgrade that in 1-2 years time when I'll be upgrading to a top tier GPU and maybe even upgrade the 3700x? This Gaming X is the cheapest out of the ones I've mentioned so yea.

Dang, I'm getting close to finalizing the end product here, this is getting exciting! Thanks guys!

Bitfenix's website does not show a BitFenix Whisper without the M, so I assume they're the same thing.

MB511 non RGB version will be good for airflow

X570 Gaming X should have sufficient power delivery for the 3900x, so you're good on that part