This normal pump noise for an AIO?

Go to solution Solved by xhackforeverxdx,
2 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

So I will be doing a PC build in the near future and I have all the parts besides the case (Ncase M1 V6) so I decided to test build it to make sure everything works.

Everything was easy and booted up first time thankfully, my question is about the AIO pump noise. I've attached a video that demonstrates the noise and I'm just wondering is that normal? does it quieten over time and its just that loud because it needs to circulate or something?

Its a Corsair H100i Pro RGB.

https://imgur.com/BaOEG5b

Sounds like air bubbels where do u have the radiator make sure its above the pump 

So I will be doing a PC build in the near future and I have all the parts besides the case (Ncase M1 V6) so I decided to test build it to make sure everything works.

Everything was easy and booted up first time thankfully, my question is about the AIO pump noise. I've attached a video that demonstrates the noise and I'm just wondering is that normal? does it quieten over time and its just that loud because it needs to circulate or something?

2 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

Sounds like air bubbels where do u have the radiator make sure its above the pump 

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

I just have the radiator resting on the table. I've attached a picture, the radiator is below the pump as the motherboard is resting on a Noctua box haha.

DSC_0230.JPG

6 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

I just have the radiator resting on the table. I've attached a picture, the radiator is below the pump as the motherboard is resting on a Noctua box haha.

DSC_0230.JPG

There u have the Problem ^^ if the rad is below the pump the small air bubbles that are still in the loop (even a factory fill is not 100% perfekt) will get stuck in the pump causing the sound air always goes to the top haha if u build it in a case make sure its on the top or if u have it in the front of the case make sure the tubes are on the bottom so air can go up the radiator and stay there sry edited i brain farted :D 

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

There u have the Problem ^^ if the rad is below the pump the small air bubbles that are still in the loop (even a factory fill is not 100% perfekt) will get stuck in the pump causing the sound air always goes to the top haha if u build it in a case make sure its on the top or if u have it in the front of the case make sure the tubes are at the top not the bottom 

Ahh right, I thought it sounded like air bubbles but I've not had great experiences with AIO's so I thought I'd get a second opinion.

The Ncase M1 has the radiator mounted on the side so I think that'll be alright. Thanks for your help pal much appreciated ?

Just makes me super excited for when I can finally build my dream PC now that I know all the parts are working haha.

1 minute ago, SuperShires said:

Ahh right, I thought it sounded like air bubbles but I've not had great experiences with AIO's so I thought I'd get a second opinion.

The Ncase M1 has the radiator mounted on the side so I think that'll be alright. Thanks for your help pal much appreciated ?

Just makes me super excited for when I can finally build my dream PC now that I know all the parts are working haha.

Looks like its gonne be a great system :) just make sure a part of the radiator is above the pump so air is gonne go there ^^ i just dont like the 2080 super :D hahahaha 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Looks like its gonne be a great system :) just make sure a part of the radiator is above the pump so air is gonne go there ^^ i just dont like the 2080 super :D hahahaha 

Yeah I think it is higher than the pump so I should be good.

Haha its a 2060 super, I couldn't persuade myself to spend over £600 on a graphics card ?

Just now, SuperShires said:

Haha its a 2060 super, I couldn't persuade myself to spend over £600 on a graphics card ?

Okay i am fine with a 2060 super ;) hahaha 

Just now, SuperShires said:

If you find your pump noisy/clicky then it is likely to be air trapped in the pump. Please try the instructions in the video.

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

If you find your pump noisy/clicky then it is likely to be air trapped in the pump. Please try the instructions in the video.

Thanks for the link mate ?