GTA V PC Pre-Orders Starting On Friday, Retailers Say.

Akolyte

SHARE:

Adjust text size: news_textminus2.png?v=2 news_textplus2.png?v=2

Grand-Theft-Auto-5-PC-Pre-Orders-Startintb_zoom.gif - GTA 5 might finally come to PC

A brand new report concerning Grand Theft Auto 5 on PC has just appeared online, this time with Scandinavian retailer Elgiganten claiming that it will start taking pre-orders for this new version of the game on Friday, January 31.

GTA 5 appeared last September for PS3 and Xbox 360 and, since then, it's been rumored multiple times to appear on the PC.

After some retailers claimed that the game would actually launch for PC in March, another store chain, Elgiganten, is getting ready to accept pre-orders for GTA 5 on PC this Friday, January 31, according to GameReactor.

As of yet, however, it's unclear if the pre-orders will be officially endorsed by Rockstar Games, the developer of GTA 5, as the studio continues to remain silent about a possible PC version of its latest game.

News Article From Softpedia http://news.softpedia.com/news/Grand-Theft-Auto-5-PC-Pre-Orders-Starting-on-Friday-January-31-Retailer-Says-421929.shtml

I cannot wait! I'm saving up right now, if this is true I'm going to buy my first GTA though I don't think I'll pre-order it after all the EA Battlfield 4 stuff, I don't feel confident.  So Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about this?  Do you think its true or do you think its fake? Do you think you will pre-order it? and if so do you trust Rockstar games to be quality games? 

hmm still dont think its going to happen 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Not buying until it's $9.99 on Steam. It's not really that amazing. The longer R* waits, the fewer sales they will get.

My console playing friends would kill me if I said that in front of them.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

i doubt it, but i hope its true. also that website seems like such legit source 

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

I couldn't justify buying this game again... well maybe for mods but that's it, it already looks incredible on consoles

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

News Article From Softpedia http://news.softpedia.com/news/Grand-Theft-Auto-5-PC-Pre-Orders-Starting-on-Friday-January-31-Retailer-Says-421929.shtml

I cannot wait! I'm saving up right now, if this is true I'm going to buy my first GTA though I don't think I'll pre-order it after all the EA Battlfield 4 stuff, I don't feel confident.  So Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about this?  Do you think its true or do you think its fake? Do you think you will pre-order it? and if so do you trust Rockstar games to be quality games? 

i will confirm whether its true on saturday. i work at gamestop, if it shows up ill let you guys know.

i will buy it the first day it comes:D GTA V is awsome:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I couldn't justify buying this game again... well maybe for mods but that's it, it already looks incredible on consoles

Haha no.

Alright it does look good but the very short draw distance, frame rate, and somewhat pixelated textures do not make me feel like it is what it should be. But if the PC version is just a straight up port like GTA IV I will be disappointed.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Not buying until it's $9.99 on Steam. It's not really that amazing. The longer R* waits, the fewer sales they will get.

My console playing friends would kill me if I said that in front of them.

My Console playing friend says Rockstar will never release a PC version because Rockstar likes Consoles more.  

Haha no.

Alright it does look good but the very short draw distance, frame rate, and somewhat pixelated textures do not make me feel like it is what it should be. But if the PC version is just a straight up port like GTA IV I will be disappointed.

I knew this was going to happen. What I meant was it looks incredible considering it's 8 year old hardware and GTA's main problem was Aliasing and Draw distance. This game is a graphical miracle on console.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Repost:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/108663-gta-v-pc-pre-orders-expected-to-start-on-friday/#entry1452328

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Why do people doubt that it will be released to PC ? Every single GTA game has been released for the PC...

GTA Chinatown Wars ? GTA Vice City: Stories ? GTA Liberty City Stories ? Never seen them on PC :D

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

GTA Chinatown Wars ? GTA Vice City: Stories ? GTA Liberty City Stories ? Never seen them on PC :D

I was talking about the main titles: GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA4.

Those titles that you've mentioned were specifically made for handheld consols like PSP or the DS  <_<

I hate Rockstar's attitude towards pc, they won't be getting any of my money even if they do release it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I hate Rockstar's attitude towards pc, they won't be getting any of my money even if they do release it.

I hate Rockstar treating the PC like a second class citizen as well; however, I think this is a chance to show devs there is $$$ to be made in the PC market, and it is worthwhile to make an optimized PC version of a game.

As long as it's not another unplayable port like GTA 4, I see little harm in supporting them.

Its not their problem, its the pirate's problem.  No matter what Pirates are there trying to get whatever they can, and pirates are like the annoying sibling you get so frustrated at... no matter what you do or tell them no, they still do it.  I just hope they would have put some kind of pirate detection system, like a code and a text to your phone for steam (which they should do) and a thing where theres a code built into the disk that stops pirates from using cracked ISOs.  Because I think sometimes pirates can help spread things but with GTA and stuff, Rockstar didn't put it on PC because of pirates.  So don't blame Rockstar, blame the horrible people who pirate things they know they aren't ment to. 

I hate Rockstar treating the PC like a second class citizen as well; however, I think this is a chance to show devs there is $$$ to be made in the PC market, and it is worthwhile to make an optimized PC version of a game.

As long as it's not another unplayable port like GTA 4, I see little harm in supporting them.

Pirates, Thats why.  Sure there are allot of legit people, but Pirates still pirate things like crazy.  Remember that time when there was a fake GTA V torrent? it was so heavily downloaded I couldn't believe my eyes.  However I don't think they should treat Pirate's like the crap they do but they should do something more mild, because Pirates do help spread things.  Like maybe give pirated versions a demo not the real game. 

Why do people doubt that it will be released to PC ? Every single GTA game has been released for the PC...

GTA Vice city stories wasnt?

Pirates, Thats why.  Sure there are allot of legit people, but Pirates still pirate things like crazy.  Remember that time when there was a fake GTA V torrent? it was so heavily downloaded I couldn't believe my eyes.  However I don't think they should treat Pirate's like the crap they do but they should do something more mild, because Pirates do help spread things.  Like maybe give pirated versions a demo not the real game. 

I think it was torrented because people wanted to play so much. Not because they didnt want to pay for the game. A lot of the people that probably torrented the files would of probably paid retail at the time.

I was talking about the main titles: GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA4.

Those titles that you've mentioned were specifically made for handheld consols like PSP or the DS  <_<

Re: Read Dead Redemption.

It's been a while since GTA 4 it's not as crazy to assume it might not arrive on the PC, particularly because the pc port of GTA 4 was such shit anyways that I wouldn't preorder or buy it until it's been thoroughly tested and reviewed anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------