What sort of hard drive should I use?

OK I know the title seems a little daft but bear with me here...

Now I know using SSD's would give a huge performance advantage over a traditional Hard Drive in a NAS due to the fast Read and Write speeds, but what about using SSHD's instead of a normal HDD in a NAS?

Would there be any noticeable performance advantages using SSHD's that would justify the extra setup cost? Or would it just not be worth it for this sort of application?

Thank you all :)

| CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM - Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 CL 16 3200MHz RGB RAM | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB | Motherboard - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk |

| PSU - Gigabyte Aorus AP850GM | Case - NZXT H510 Flow | YouTube - SgtKenzo |

No, there would be practically no performance because the amount of flash memory is very low, around 8-16 GB.

In theory, the SSHD is detecting what files (executables, dll files etc) are more important and caching them in that small amount of memory and then serves them to you faster. In practice, I don't think I'm not sure that's what happens... I suspect the drives are "dumber" in reality and just keep track of what sectors of the drive are read more often and then cache that stuff.

If you're gonna have movies and music and games the drives aren't gonna cache crap, they'll just hold random stuff like the last game level that a game loaded or some random stuff like that.