Elder Scrolls Online "Cinematic Trailer" Released

Toxic Tom

This game looks really good, I have no idea what's going on in the video though (apart from some army of zombie like people attacking Imperial City).

Pilates

Do we really need 8 min trailers?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Fix'd for accuracy.

I wouldn't say that. A lot of people will play it.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

The combat makes me want to barf, even morrowind combat has more feel than this crap.

really? are you in the beta?^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

The combat makes me want to barf, even morrowind combat has more feel than this crap.

I can also back the combat being a complete joke. No one smart is going to confirm they were in the beta because we don't want to go to prison for the rest of our lives. The game is a complete train wreck and is going to be the next swtor. It is going to bring in a huge amount of people because of it's name then 3 months after release it is going to die and the only people left playing are the diehard fanboys.

Edit* That trailer was pretty cool though. Also I'm not some ignorant elder scrolls hater. One of my favorite games ever is Morrowind. I actually really really really want the game to be amazing but it just isn't. 9 out of 10 games backed by large shareholders are going to be shit for the next few years.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Cinematic trailers are useless

i wish the game was like that... not a bunch of cartoony shit :(

I can also back the combat being a complete joke. 

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "combat is a complete joke" aside from beta-related issues?

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

NDA

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "combat is a complete joke" aside from beta-related issues?

It has no weight or feel.

It feels like i am hitting the enemies with straws of grass, there is no feedback, no feeling at all.

I can also back the combat being a complete joke. No one smart is going to confirm they were in the beta because we don't want to go to prison for the rest of our lives. The game is a complete train wreck and is going to be the next swtor. It is going to bring in a huge amount of people because of it's name then 3 months after release it is going to die and the only people left playing are the diehard fanboys.

Edit* That trailer was pretty cool though. Also I'm not some ignorant elder scrolls hater. One of my favorite games ever is Morrowind. I actually really really really want the game to be amazing but it just isn't. 9 out of 10 games backed by large shareholders are going to be shit for the next few years.

With the experience, staff and funding that they have, i'm not even giving them anything higher then 6/10

Besides the possibly fixable stuff like the atrocious hit detection and unresponsiveness of it, it is just extremely simplistic compared to any elder scrolls from morrowind and up. It is a pathetic attempt at combining real time action with action bar combat, which doesn't work in the least (this might be functional and fun if they get some of the other things ironed out). The "skill tree" or whatever it is for combat is junk (this also could be something that is fixed later on down the road). You really have to play it to see just how bad it is because I'm honestly having a hard time putting it into words. There are a couple more issues that could be chalked up to "beta" issues but honestly none of the combat has been fixed from the start of beta and till now so I don't see them fixing for a LONG TIME after launch as they are going to be fixing a ton of bugs (just how launches are so can't blame them too much there). That and the rest of the game is just "ok", there is nothing AMAZING about it and there isn't a sliver of elder scrolls feeling from the gameplay itself but it is really cool to see all the areas of Nirn.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

With the experience, staff and funding that they have, i'm not even giving them anything higher then 6/10

Yea of course not lol. When I said 9 out of 10 I wasn't refering to a rating for it haha

Do we really need 8 min trailers?

we need longer ones :3

to @Slick this is news lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Besides the possibly fixable stuff like the atrocious hit detection and unresponsiveness of it, it is just extremely simplistic compared to any elder scrolls from morrowind and up. It is a pathetic attempt at combining real time action with action bar combat, which doesn't work in the least (this might be functional and fun if they get some of the other things ironed out). The "skill tree" or whatever it is for combat is junk (this also could be something that is fixed later on down the road). You really have to play it to see just how bad it is because I'm honestly having a hard time putting it into words. There are a couple more issues that could be chalked up to "beta" issues but honestly none of the combat has been fixed from the start of beta and till now so I don't see them fixing for a LONG TIME after launch as they are going to be fixing a ton of bugs (just how launches are so can't blame them too much there). That and the rest of the game is just "ok", there is nothing AMAZING about it and there isn't a sliver of elder scrolls feeling from the gameplay itself but it is really cool to see all the areas of Nirn.

I actually did play the beta, so I know what you mean. The combat is simplistic, but then again, so was Skyrim's. Skyrim didn't even have an action bar to speak of, so it was even more simplistic with just weapons and perks to change how the combat works on a character b y character basis. ESO throws in a small action bar to go a bit further than mouse button abilities and perks/skill trees. 

That being said, I actually like simplistic combat. Not overly simplified (eg. RuneScape before last year's combat update) and not a hotbar mess (eg. Aion, WoW, etc). Simpler combat mechanics make it easy to learn yet difficult to master; the combat becomes amazingly fun once you've mastered a specific combination. 

However, ESO still falls short - for a P2P MMO. The bar is set a lot higher for a P2P MMO (everyone expects it to be the next WoW killer), and obviously games fall short of that expectation. Something else that always baffles me though: MMOs are tending towards a re-imagined formula different from WoW. People want something that's different, but when a good game actually comes out with re-imagined MMO formula, there's increased resistance towards change, often using the "It's just another WoW with a pretty new coat of paint" excuse, when the differences exist, albeit being subtle enough to be easily missed. I'm not saying ESO is that good game though, even if it attempts to bring together the dynamic questing (which is excellent) and simple combat (subjectively great with excellent potential) of Skyrim into an MMO setting. 

Short version: MMO players constantly complain about stale MMO formulas (extrinsic reward-based gameplay where players are sucked into the game just to get the next carrot on the stick), want something new and fresh, yet complain about games that are clearly new and fresh (although re-imagined to be more intrinsic and journey-based) because it doesn't have a carrot on a stick to entice you into continuing to play the game. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

this is news lol

It is not tech related.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What they should is just make a show or thing, because Blizzard and Dethesda can make really good short films.

I actually did play the beta, so I know what you mean. The combat is simplistic, but then again, so was Skyrim's. Skyrim didn't even have an action bar to speak of, so it was even more simplistic with just weapons and perks to change how the combat works on a character b y character basis. ESO throws in a small action bar to go a bit further than mouse button abilities and perks/skill trees. 

That being said, I actually like simplistic combat. Not overly simplified (eg. RuneScape before last year's combat update) and not a hotbar mess (eg. Aion, WoW, etc). Simpler combat mechanics make it easy to learn yet difficult to master; the combat becomes amazingly fun once you've mastered a specific combination. 

However, ESO still falls short - for a P2P MMO. The bar is set a lot higher for a P2P MMO (everyone expects it to be the next WoW killer), and obviously games fall short of that expectation. Something else that always baffles me though: MMOs are tending towards a re-imagined formula different from WoW. People want something that's different, but when a good game actually comes out with re-imagined MMO formula, there's increased resistance towards change, often using the "It's just another WoW with a pretty new coat of paint" excuse, when the differences exist, albeit being subtle enough to be easily missed. I'm not saying ESO is that good game though, even if it attempts to bring together the dynamic questing (which is excellent) and simple combat (subjectively great with excellent potential) of Skyrim into an MMO setting. 

Short version: MMO players constantly complain about stale MMO formulas (extrinsic reward-based gameplay where players are sucked into the game just to get the next carrot on the stick), want something new and fresh, yet complain about games that are clearly new and fresh (although re-imagined to be more intrinsic and journey-based) because it doesn't have a carrot on a stick to entice you into continuing to play the game. 

Skyrim's and the two elder scrolls before it combats weren't as simple as you make them out to be (morrowind and oblivion were more complicated). You have things like your back pedaling light and strong attack (one of which has a chance to disarm enemy). You have your strafing light and strong attacks, you have your standing still light and strong attacks, and your moving forward light and strong attacks. Compare this to ESO's just light and strong attack (when you get them to work) no matter what you are doing. Then  you have to think about all the differences between weapon types which change that up.

I agree with you about gamers ridiculous views on mmo's in these days and I actually really like that ESO is trying to change it up, shit I even like where they are trying to go with it with hotbar and live action mixed up but they have just done a terrible job of it and it doesn't work and is going to be one main factors why it is going to fail.

What they should is just make a show or thing, because Blizzard and Dethesda can make really good short films.

exacolutly! I'd what this if it was 160min long. Twice!

I don't care for a TES MMO I just want Skyrim to be at least DX11 compatible just give us the overhauled engine screw multilayer!

Combat issues aside, this isn't and Elder Scrolls game at all. It just has the setting, everything else about it is completely different to the point where it's just not part of the game series anymore. In fact I think I can summarize it with a single quote:

Classes are pre-made character archetypes in The Elder Scrolls Online

You could just as easily take any other generic MMO, paste a few things like "Cyrodill" "Skyrim" and "High Rock" and call it an Elder Scrolls game, ugh. Can't wait for this travesty to die.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Sadly, the game will look 1000 times worse than that trailer. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Cinematic trailers are useless

Useless, but fucking awesome.

I wouldn't say that. A lot of people will play it.

Coming from someone in beta, I doubt that.