Elder Scrolls Online "Cinematic Trailer" Released

Toxic Tom

Fix'd for accuracy.

As somebody who may or may not have perhaps maybe played it in this or another life maybe, its actually great.

Sadly, the game will look 1000 times worse than that trailer. 

Looks very similar to skyrim to give you some idea. Texture quality wise. In terms of the atmosphere it feels more like oblivion.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/01/02/predicting-the-biggest-disaster-of-2014-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Looks horrible in gameplay, which is why they have cutscenes (SWTOR had better cutscenes and went free to play in a month). Check.

Dumbed down MMO for console owners, which will make PC gamers quit it in a month. Check.

Will probably get editior's choice award and a great rating by a laughable website like IGN (who gave the same award to SWTOR)? Check.

Awful combat like Skyrim that was fun as a hiking simulator/world exploration and modding is what made it super popular (which this game lacks)? Check.

Monthly fee for a game with in game graphics that look like they are F2P? Check.

Facing stiff competition from a new WoW expansion, Wild Star, Guild Wars 2 (free to play), and Everquest Next (free to play) along with Indie games. Check.

Will not please the hardcore MMO raider (they will be on Wild Star or WoW), the PVP MMO player (they will be on Guild Wars 2 since it is free, looks better and combat isn't awful), the tabletop person (they already have games that cater to their creative prowess like Neverwinter and Everquest Next that is coming), or the girl player, because this game looks depressing and like it was done with a color palette that  includes brown, green, and black and has none of the "cute stuff" in it that girls will like? Those girls will go back to WoW, maybe try Wild Star, and will definitely try Everquest Next. Check.

I think this game will sink faster then the TORtanic did. At least that game had a good leveling experience. ESO gameplay looks like the most boring thing I have ever seen. It will only appeal to solo Skyrim players who will hate the inability to mod, will be shocked at the MMO gaming community (ton of aholes) and will probably leave the game as soon as they do everything once and see the world/lore. 

If I had stock in this company I would dump it like crazy. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You could just as easily take any other generic MMO, paste a few things like "Cyrodill" "Skyrim" and "High Rock" and call it an Elder Scrolls game, ugh. Can't wait for this travesty to die.

That quote is a bit misleading. While yes, you do select a "class" at the start, you're not restricted to specific weapons or armour - you can choose to be anything. Exactly like Skyrim, where the class/race you choose might give you a minor advantage initially, but it goes away very quickly. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

That quote is a bit misleading. While yes, you do select a "class" at the start, you're not restricted to specific weapons or armour - you can choose to be anything. Exactly like Skyrim, where the class/race you choose might give you a minor advantage initially, but it goes away very quickly. 

In theory, yes. In practice, you can't really balance an open ended system in an MMO: even if it becomes open ended most players would need to conform to specific archetype roles to be effective or find parties to hunt with or be good at pvp. I just don't think one should ever mix an open ended character system on an MMO those should remain strictly a single player experience.

10 to 1 says all characters will devolve into your standard MMO fare regardless anyway: DPS, Tank, Healer, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Do we really need 8 min trailers?

They had to much free time on their hands, what do you expect

I tested the Beta a few times and the game is a complete utter joke, feels like some half assed WoW clone skinned with Elder Scrolls. Lovely how they make CGI cinematics and everyone thinks that game has some form of resemblance to it.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

The combat makes me want to barf, even morrowind combat has more feel than this crap.

i agree, as a hardcore elder scrolls fan ESO does not appeal to me AT ALL, whatsoever, zero, nada zipp, not interested, and the combat is incredibly lame.. no feeling behind it, feels like you are a lump of jelly, no impact behind your swings, and what's up with this trailer? it looks like a lord of the rings/rift crossover or something.. not anything like any elder scrolls game i have ever seen.

i agree, as a hardcore elder scrolls fan ESO does not appeal to me AT ALL, whatsoever, zero, nada zipp, not interested, and the combat is incredibly lame.. no feeling behind it, feels like you are a lump of jelly, no impact behind your swings, and what's up with this trailer? it looks like a lord of the rings/rift crossover or something.. not anything like any elder scrolls game i have ever seen.

Well come on now, Elder Scrolls is obviously Lord of the Rings influenced, but the trailer felt so anime-like with 2 minutes of people staring at each other and a lot of... nothing happening. As for the game, all Zenimax had to do was make Skyrim with multiplayer. That's all they had to do! But we can't have nice things. Thanks Obama.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Well come on now, Elder Scrolls is obviously Lord of the Rings influenced, but the trailer felt so anime-like with 2 minutes of people staring at each other and a lot of... nothing happening. As for the game, all Zenimax had to do was make Skyrim with multiplayer. That's all they had to do! But we can't have nice things. Thanks Obama.

haha, i love this comment :P, well regardless or what you call it that trailer didn't seem like it had anything to do with a elder scrolls game, it was just the generic mmo hype train, and that disapoints me, and what you said, they should have tried to keep it as close to the elder scrolls series as possible, just in a mmo form, exploration, action based combat etc, from what i saw it didn't seem all to bad actually, just not what i wanted, and especially the combat disapointed me extremely, especially as a melee combat supporter, i just can't stand the flow of movement or the whole setup at all..

any game will have lots of limitations imposed on it by going mmo, that is why i just want another true elder scrolls game and ESO doesn't really appeal to me that much.