Cats or dogs

another_member

Cats or dogs  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Cats or dogs?

• Cats
    • Dogs

6 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

How about cats that behave like dogs? I have had two of those.

There are several dog traits that both my cats exhibit, like chasing their tail.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

There are several dog traits that both my cats exhibit, like chasing their tail.

Oh dear, thats another thing Garfunkel does.

He normally does it when he comes into the bathroom with me to get his fur brushed (he loves the bathroom and is fascinated with the toilet flushing)

I have a lovely cat, but I'm going to get a dog

Dogs for sure, I just wish they lived as long as cats :/

However

Cats are fun to just chill with (don't get me wrong dogs are too). Also it's nice being able to leave cats alone for 3+ days. Dogs require being checked up on every 4 hours or so. Cats are also the far superior pet when living in a city.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

8 hours ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

Dogs, of course. Especially the German Shepherd...

I still miss the little German Shepherd I had 30 years or so ago.

7 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

...Now we are considering with my daughter to get a new furry friend, a border collie almost certainly.

Border Collies are bright dogs but they do require a lot of attention. My ex and I had a border collie mix (or runt) and he was on of the best dogs I every had.

5 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

How about cats that behave like dogs?...

Some friend of mine had a little Siamese that would play fetch with a hair scrunchy. As long as the scrunchy didn't go more than five feet from her (she was nearsighted, common with blue eyed cats), she would dash after it and bring it back. They also had a big black lab mix that would not play fetch. You could throw a ball or a stick and he would just look at you like he was saying, " Are you nutz? You threw it, you fetch it!."

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

26 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I still miss the little German Shepherd I had 30 years or so ago.

Border Collies are bright dogs but they do require a lot of attention. My ex and I had a border collie mix (or runt) and he was on of the best dogs I every had.

Some friend of mine had a little Siamese that would play fetch with a hair scrunchy. As long as the scrunchy didn't go more than five feet from her (she was nearsighted, common with blue eyed cats), she would dash after it and bring it back. They also had a big black lab mix that would not play fetch. You could throw a ball or a stick and he would just look at you like he was saying, " Are you nutz? You threw it, you fetch it!."

My cat loves hair ties :D

5 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

They also had a big black lab mix that would not play fetch. You could throw a ball or a stick and he would just look at you like he was saying, " Are you nutz? You threw it, you fetch it!."

Muy dog does that as well.

4 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

My cat loves hair ties :D

I can only agree.

dogs all the way

even though my dog sheds a lot

LEGENDoggo

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

5 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

They also had a big black lab mix that would not play fetch. You could throw a ball or a stick and he would just look at you like he was saying, " Are you nutz? You threw it, you fetch it!."

1 minute ago, Catchears said:

Muy dog does that as well.

I had a German Shepherd that was the opposite. I could send her out 50 or 60 feet away, then toss a tennis ball in her general direction and she would snatch it out the air and bring it back to me. The little border collie mix my ex and I had would play fetch but prefered to lay on his back and play witth the ball in the air with his front paws like a cat.

The dog i saw who loved to play fetch the most was a goofy little Dachshund I used to dog sit. To ensure he would sleep through the night and not wake me up every hour to go outside to take care of business, I would take him outside just before bed time and toss a ball 60' and the little guy would tear off after it (it's amazing how fast those tiny legs can move them!), then bring it back to me and drop it at my feet. I would keep tossing the ball until he was in danger of tripping over his tongue, then we would go to bed (the little guy loved to burrow under the covers).

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Always loved cats and wanted one. As soon as I got my own apartment and stopped renting, I got one.

I freaking love this little guy.

20180508_005948.jpg&key=e52ad555a2f882ff

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Now are we talking about in a pot or in a pan? ?

silly-kitty.jpg.571ec955e7e36c2a0ce554915c00f1a7.jpgcute-dog-in-pot.jpg.4b09a473e7999d65966a8bcdce599c60.jpg

JK aside, I can only vote dog since I'm allergic to cats... I give them my love, and they give me sneezes.

CPU: Vulnerable to Meltdown | Motherboard: Has LEDs that I can't see | RAM: Bought too much | GPU: Mostly satisfactory so far in our relationship | Case: Shiny, black, very heavy and tall, with a Firefox sticker | Storage: Has too many old HDDs | PSU: Hasn't blown up yet like it's predecessor | Displays: Mismatched from Craigslist | Cooling: As many Noctuas as there are fan headers | Keyboard: Keys are fading |  Mouse: Needs cleaning |

4 hours ago, Joluch said:

Now are we talking about in a pot or in a pan? ?

silly-kitty.jpg.571ec955e7e36c2a0ce554915c00f1a7.jpgcute-dog-in-pot.jpg.4b09a473e7999d65966a8bcdce599c60.jpg

JK aside, I can only vote dog since I'm allergic to cats... I give them my love, and they give me sneezes.

That's one thing I like about dogs; they are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. Cats? They also are crunchy but don't taste all that great. 

Jeannie

-

Cats, easily.

Dogs are assholes to me, the amount of dogs bites i took over the years far succeeds the number of cat scratches.

I'm also alergic to animal hair in general, if i could i would buy a Sphynx for this very reason (also because its really cool to have a sphynx, i really like them).

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

they both have their ups and downs

cats are more self reliant so you can leave them at home and go to work no problem. they can also generally speaking be less noisy. and even a cat thats constantly meowing for attention isnt gonna be as load as a dog. also theres no need to go for a walk with cats. 

dogs are more reliant on you but also more interested in you and therefore more interesting themselves as well. try teaching a cat tricks. but just given their mass and strength they are also more to worry about. like i wouldnt worry a that much leaving a kid in a room with a cat for a couple of minutes but with bigger dog? idk. depends on the dog. 

as animal i find them both equally entertaining and loveable. but i personally never had a dog because i would feel bad leaving him at home for 8-9 hours every day. also holidays i feel like must be more difficult. with a cat you can just ask someone to go over to your house and feed them. but with dogs i feel like youd either have to take them with you or give them to someone to take care of in that time. so much attention that i always wonder how working people do it. but if lets say i was to win the lottery and didnt have to work anymore id totally get a dog or two.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

6 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

...they can also generally speaking be less noisy. and even a cat thats constantly meowing for attention isnt gonna be as load as a dog...

I once knew a little Siamese that meowed louder than many dogs.

Jeannie

18 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I once knew a little Siamese that meowed louder than many dogs.

No doubt - and I bet you can find other examples. But generally speaking dogs are an order of magnitude louder than cats. Even tiny dogs (which tend to have higher pitched, “shrill” barks) are generally far louder than a cat. 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

23 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

No doubt - and I bet you can find other examples. But generally speaking dogs are an order of magnitude louder than cats. Even tiny dogs (which tend to have higher pitched, “shrill” barks) are generally far louder than a cat. 

Siamese cats are famous for their loud meows. Chihuahuas are the dogs notorious for a loud bark coming from a tiny package.

Jeannie

6 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Siamese cats are famous for their loud meows. Chihuahuas are the dogs notorious for a loud bark coming from a tiny package.

Not just Chihuahuas, but they are certainly one of the most notorious. I’ve never seen a small dog of any breed that doesn’t have a very loud (much louder than cat meows) bark. 

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Not just Chihuahuas, but they are certainly one of the most notorious. I’ve never seen a small dog of any breed that doesn’t have a very loud (much louder than cat meows) bark. 

It's not the volume of barks from small dogs that makes them so irritating; it's the higher frequency. When compared to dogs with barks of a similar frequency, most chihuahuas will drown most of the others out.

Jeannie

Dogs. Always Dogs. I love them so much.IMG_20190726_182210.thumb.jpg.143b738e1fbbc94271f8046ec4676be9.jpg

I mean look at them, they bring you home wood for Winter, barke off any unwantend visitors and eat up all the leftovers from dinner ! They truly are humans best friends.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.