Wii U - The only game console anyone at Linus Media Group actually bought...

LinusTech

NCIX: http://bit.ly/LmDXjW

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1lGd

The Wii U has been mocked, it's been spit on, and I threw up a little when Luke told me what he wanted for Christmas was a Wii U... Let's find out how that's going for him... Maybe, just maybe, we've all judged the Nintendo Wii U a little bit too quickly...

lnus/slick are you guys going to do reviews for the other current consolololol or just the wii u because you guys like it? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Pokemon MMO is what will save the Wii-U

Make it cross platform with the 3DS/2DS and make it right.

this will save the Wii-U

I have spoken

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Did LMG not buy a PS4 for the graphics comparison?

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

*Brofist Slick*

I love Nintendo games. I'm currently replaying Super Mario Galaxy as Luigi and its funner and more challenging. I still play Super smash and Mario Kart 64(Best in the Franchise IMO). I currently can't afford a console but Ive always loved Nintendos consoles, especially the 64. Will always hold a special place on my heart.

Edit: Couple of suggestions.

Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) Play the whole thing, gets pretty tough. Lots of raging in Luigi's Coins

Mario 3D World(WiiU) Played with a couple of friends. Really fun if you cooperate

Super Smash Bro(Wii) Pi-Ka!

Wind Waker(WiiU)

Skyward Sword(Wii)

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I got a feeling that sony and ms had something to do with the mockery to this console.

Nintendo has one of the best IP's. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I love the new format! Though I wish Nintendo was a little less of an asshole and didn't run adds on their content. douchebag Nintendo.

But I loved it! Hope to see more!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

afterparty

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

I like the video!

I pretty much agree with all the points made in the video. I, too, go for Nintendo for the Nintendo games. The only problem is that I can't justify (to myself) to buying another console for just Nintendo games. Add to that, there is only a small subset of Nintendo games I really care about.

New SMB U is the best example of local multiplayer?

Five people playing Mario Chase will always end up like that. Always. Best thing ever.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

the Wii U is a pretty solid console, even though I have both a PS3 and PS4 I find myself playing games a lot more on the Wii U (and this includes games like CoD Ghosts which I own on the Wii U and PS4)

and I'm suprised Slick didn't mention you can watch Twich on the Wii U while browsing the web on the gamepad

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Small wii or big wii xD

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I bought the Wii U for my daughter for Xmas this year so we all as a family can play and have fun together. My wife, me and my 2 kids are all PC gamers and have our own gaming PC's. I have to say, for what the Wii U is, I really like it and think it is a great investment for the whole family to enjoy :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I don't really see why people like the WiiU, disregarding that there aren't very many games out at the moment, the games that are out are just rehashes of old stuff. I don't know, maybe I just expect at least a certain level of originality in my games. Or maybe it's just that I had a Commodore 64, PC and a Sega16bit when I was growing up. In any case, I don't get why people rag on other game developers that milk their franchises when Nintendo has been the king of franchise milk for nearly 3 decades. Just goes to show that people don't really want originality, they just want tomorrow to be pretty much the same as today.

But yeah, I don't think the whole hardware innovation thing is the way forward for Nintendo, they need a new IP, something that isn't Mario, or Zelda, or Pikmin, or Pokémon. If they can do both that'd be even better.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

I don't really see why people like the WiiU, disregarding that there aren't very many games out at the moment, the games that are out are just rehashes of old stuff. I don't know, maybe I just expect at least a certain level of originality in my games. Or maybe it's just that I had a Commodore 64, PC and a Sega16bit when I was growing up. In any case, I don't get why people rag on other game developers that milk their franchises when Nintendo has been the king of franchise milk for nearly 3 decades. Just goes to show that people don't really want originality, they just want tomorrow to be pretty much the same as today.

But yeah, I don't think the whole hardware innovation thing is the way forward for Nintendo, they need a new IP, something that isn't Mario, or Zelda, or Pikmin, or Pokémon. If they can do both that'd be even better.

But that's the whole point of Nintendo, keeping the same characters in there.

But that's the whole point of Nintendo, keeping the same characters in there.

Well, I for one don't think it's going to work forever, if they can make it work great, if not well..

But yeah, not really a console for me.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

The Wonderful 101, Project X?

Try some research

My First Build

-Intel i7-4770K -Msi Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB -MsiZ87 GD65 -G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866Mhz -NZXT Phantom 530 White -128GB Sandisk SSD -2TB Western Digital 7200RPM -21.5" Acer IPS Display -SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

-Razer DeathAdder 2013 -Logitech G930 -ALTEC LANSING MULTIMEDIA Dual Speaker System (Legacy)

Love the format @Slick, i think you should really continue to do these type of videos. Maybe even Linus could do one on some kind of hardware he has bought. I would even like to see Linus do really extended reviews such as how TTL does them.

Loved both this and the Oculus vid, keep going with this format!

I'd agree completely on the WiiU side, its the only console I really consider buying. Its full of awesome characters, the first party stuff is always really polished and I mean, it does something my PC cant.

I won't buy it to play COD/AC etcetc, because my PC will be far far better for them, but thats also true for those games on other systems.

The WiiU offers something different and that's why I like it.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Good points on integration. i have wondered the same thing since the the launch of the wii U. I think it would also be nice to be able to steam from the WiiU to a handheld(3ds or successor), like how you can do this with the big controller.

Unfortunately that second screen controller will limit the possible price drops of the system.

I would personally prefer just regular style controllers or wii remotes than have a game hinge on the second display.