Dell 4K P2815Q 28in TN panel - $630

Just thought some people might be interested in picking up the new monitor 4K monitor that debuted at CES 2014.

Its release price was $700 but if you use a coupon code(QG3G$33HH3QP0) you can already get it for $630 which is a more appealing price point.

Check it out, just thought I would leave this here and see what kind of response I get. 

P.S. you can tell me if I was stupid for posting this, like if everyone already knows or i posted in the wrong place.

Shiloh S.

Edit:

Cant believe i forget the link, was going to link

http://bensbargains.net/bargain/dell-28-ultra-hd-3840-x-2160-4k-28-monitor-630-at-dell-116708/

I did not see that it was expired but i do think its a different coupon code, try this Linus QZLZVG878LG5V6 , and if that doesn't work use the code they give you for 10% off

there's a "hot deals" section on the LTT forum.

But that's besides the point. I was really interested in this 4k monitor until I learned it could only display a max of 30hz at 4k. Such a disappointment for those who want to game (not that I would get more than 5 fps with my 6870 anyway bahahahaha). But I'm still glad they're releasing this monitor because it should drive budget monitor prices down further.. perhaps we'll see cheap Korean B grade 4k monitors soon for 500$????  ^_^

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

You know even if that Dell monitor IS 4K, I think anything above $300 - $400 is too much to pay for TN monitor. I'd expect IPS, PLS or VA at that price.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

expired :(

Hmm...I must say Linus, you don't have many posts for an Administrator. Although you probably don't live on these forums like the rest of us. :P

Hmm...I must say Linus, you don't have many posts for an Administrator. Although you probably don't live on these forums like the rest of us. :P

I read lots, but I don't always feel the need to post :)

edit: by this way it's best to edit a previous post rather than posting twice in a row in the same thread. Maybe that's why my post count isn't so high eh? :P

Why no G-Sync. All I care about is G-Sync IPS 2560x1600/1440 60hz panels. Also not by Asus. I am boycotting all Asus products after the disaster that is Xonar.

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I read lots, but I don't always feel the need to post :)

Fair enough. Plus all those great videos you do on your Linus Tech Tips YouTube channel probably take the majority of your time, correct?

edit: by this way it's best to edit a previous post rather than posting twice in a row in the same thread. Maybe that's why my post count isn't so high eh? :P

Haha...well. I think some people maybe like to post farm to increase their post count (don't tell anyone I said that :P). Yes a lot of us should probably just edit our posts. For the most part I do, just feel sometimes that there's a need for a separate post.

EDIT: Where'd you get your profile pic?

Fair enough. Plus all those great videos you do on your Linus Tech Tips YouTube channel probably take the majority of your time, correct?

Haha...well. I think some people maybe like to post farm to increase their post count (don't tell anyone I said that :P). Yes a lot of should probably just edit our posts. For the most part I do, just feel sometimes that there's a need for a separate post.

what grinds my gears is when people post 2 or 3 times because they are replying to 2 or 3 quotes. They could of course do that in one larger post, but instead they feel the need to clutter the thread to get an increased post count. 

what grinds my gears is when people post 2 or 3 times because they are replying to 2 or 3 quotes. They could of course do that in one larger post, but instead they feel the need to clutter the thread to get an increased post count.

Yep I agree with you. Anyway I think we should probably get back to the topic that the OP started.

We now have another 4K display being released with an amazing....you guessed it....TN panel. It's a Samsung display. The model is U28D590D. The monitor may look nice but it's still using TN. Why are these beautiful displays utilising such panels. I realise they want to make 4K monitors available to the average consumer but I still think at least a VA panel should be used. I realise that such panels aren't good for gaming, but still it'd be much better than the TN panels currently being used. Yes this is a mini rant and yes I feel better :D

I'm just not understanding why they're putting TN panels in what otherwise would be considered premium monitors. I think people are far more likely to buy a 27" 2K 2560 x 1440 display with an IPS panel than a 4K 28"/30" 4K 3840 x 2160 display with a TN panel. But I may be wrong on this. However, we'll see about this.

Link to Samsung U28D590D >> http://pcmonitors.info/samsung/samsung-u28d590d-28-inch-uhd-4k-monitor <<

EDIT: Also have a look at this >> http://www.tested.com/tech/pcs/459878-dude-dont-get-dell-4k-monitor/ << it proves my point entirely.

Where?

How about a link?

Posted!

expired :(

Not expired as far as I can tell with out actually buying it. But changed the link and code, and by the way thanks for responding linus!

We now have another 4K display being released with an amazing....you guessed it....TN panel. It's a Samsung display. The model is U28D590D. The monitor may look nice but it's still using TN. Why are these beautiful displays utilising such panels. I realise they want to make 4K monitors available to the average consumer but I still think at least a VA panel should be used. I realise that such panels aren't good for gaming, but still it'd be much better than the TN panels currently being used. Yes this is a mini rant and yes I feel better :D

I'm just not understanding why they're putting TN panels in what otherwise would be considered premium monitors. I think people are far more likely to buy a 27" 2K 2560 x 1440 display with an IPS panel than a 4K 28"/30" 4K 3840 x 2160 display with a TN panel. But I may be wrong on this. However, we'll see about this.

Link to Samsung U28D590D >> http://pcmonitors.info/samsung/samsung-u28d590d-28-inch-uhd-4k-monitor <<

EDIT: Also have a look at this >> http://www.tested.com/tech/pcs/459878-dude-dont-get-dell-4k-monitor/ << it proves my point entirely.

The Samsung stand looks pretty nice, but as far as usability it gets a failing grade for me.

The Tested article was an interesting read!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Samsung needs to get off their high horse and stop designing stylish looking designs that aren't functional or actually look and feel like crap in person. 

The only enticing thing about that monitor is 60hz at 4k, but that should be a given on any monitor since 30hz is a step backwards. 

Other than that, tilt only, no vesa mounts and a weird stand and useless ports such as a headphone jack? No thank you. It's pathetic that a monitor that will cost 1000$ (certainly will cost more than the dell 28 inch because of the metal trim and samsung tax, as well as the 60hz refresh rate) won't even have swivel, rotate, or heck even decent tilt angles. 

The Samsung stand looks pretty nice, but as far as usability it gets a failing grade for me.

The Tested article was an interesting read!

Samsung needs to get off their high horse and stop designing stylish looking designs that aren't functional or actually look and feel like crap in person. 

The only enticing thing about that monitor is 60hz at 4k, but that should be a given on any monitor since 30hz is a step backwards. 

Other than that, tilt only, no vesa mounts and a weird stand and useless ports such as a headphone jack? No thank you. It's pathetic that a monitor that will cost 1000$ (certainly will cost more than the dell 28 inch because of the metal trim and samsung tax, as well as the 60hz refresh rate) won't even have swivel, rotate, or heck even decent tilt angles.

It's not great is it? It suckity, suckity, suckity, sucks. :(

Why TN i hate colours in tn panels! IPS 4k screen please with 700 usd :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Why TN i hate colours in tn panels! IPS 4k screen please with 700 usd :)

Korea will give us that within a year or two..

God I hope my LG isn't going to leave me hanging any time soon I really really reeaaaally don't want to by a new monitor with 4k and G-sync still making "baby-steps"

I've had my "W2443" for at least 5 years now and it's doin' great!

Give me IPS

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

Can it at least do 60Hz at 1080p? I do not expect to play games yet at 4k with demanding games, so 30 might be acceptable for desktop, pictures, videos,etc. But for games I want 60Hz

Can it at least do 60Hz at 1080p? I do not expect to play games yet at 4k with demanding games, so 30 might be acceptable for desktop, pictures, videos,etc. But for games I want 60Hz

If i remember the coverage at CES correctly it does do 1080P at 60Hz