What Motherboard to choose???

Hi guys, im planning to buy a Ryzen 7 2700x and i dont know what motherboard to choose between the b450 and x470.Do suggest which one to get and also suggest the name of the board.

Do you want to overclock?

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

Both b450 and x470 allow you to overclock tho so either way he's gonna be able to.

18 minutes ago, Eunoia said:

Hi guys, im planning to buy a Ryzen 7 2700x and i dont know what motherboard to choose between the b450 and x470.Do suggest which one to get and also suggest the name of the board.

I you want my suggestion i would go for ryzen 5 3600 and an x470 or if you need the 8 cores go with a 3700x or 3800x.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I'd say to go with the b450 tomahawk unless you need features that it doesn't have. Has pretty good VRMs for OC, and has bios flashback.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Get b450 unless you need the bells and whistles.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

B450 unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking. B450 will provide a decent overclock however, you wont be able to push it too far before your VRM's begin to overheat.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

52 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

No no 

40 minutes ago, driftz240 said:

Both b450 and x470 allow you to overclock tho so either way he's gonna be able to.

I you want my suggestion i would go for ryzen 5 3600 and an x470 or if you need the 8 cores go with a 3700x or 3800x.

I see i see. Thanks

20 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I'd say to go with the b450 tomahawk unless you need features that it doesn't have. Has pretty good VRMs for OC, and has bios flashback.

Okok thanks 

19 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

Get b450 unless you need the bells and whistles.

Haha okok thanks 

15 minutes ago, Brent744 said:

B450 unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking. B450 will provide a decent overclock however, you wont be able to push it too far before your VRM's begin to overheat.

I see i see. Okok thanks 

instead of replying i see or thanks , you can press the heart icon in the bottom banner on the right of the post.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

|

|

|

|

|

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Eunoia said:

No n

2 minutes ago, Eunoia said:

I see i see. Thanks

Okok thanks 

Haha okok thanks 

I see i see. Okok thanks 

Just to let you know you can quote multiple people in one reply.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

20 minutes ago, driftz240 said:

oops haha thanks for the tip XD

Just to let you know you can quote multiple people in one reply.

Can you guys also suggest which b450 i should get?

-Asus ROG strix b450 f-gaming

-Gigabyte strix b450 elite

-Msi tomahawk

do leave other suggestions.

I recommend Gigabyte Ultra Durable B450M series. I've purchased several of these board with intel and amd chipsets of past builds, never had an issue. The only MSI board I owned ended up dying on me.

Just my personal opinion. You'll have others who will likely recommend MSI or Asus over Gigabyte.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz