What i should have in mind when buying a new motherboard and some more things.

Its upgrade time and knowing that i never, ever build any pc from scratch. I just cleaned my pc sometimes, like unplugging and plugging it back together after i was done. 

My plans are on buying a new ryzen 7 2700c, Asus, ROG STRIX X470-F, and (they're the cheapest ones) two ddr4 of 2400mhz. Maybe in the future i'll buy the ones with 3600mhz.

So, what should i be worried about all of this ? 

energy consumption ?

If my ddr4 will fit on the motherboard or my gpu as well ?

Btw my rig i7 3700, gtx 1080, ssd 250gb, 1tb hdd and 16gb ddr3.

You'll want faster memory for sure, 3000mhz or more, Ryzen 3000 came out this week I'd look at that first before going for a 2000 series CPU.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

If you plan to overclock an R7, power delivery and non-shit VRMs are essential. Beyond that, decide what features you want, look at the boards that offer those features, then pick the one you like best. Read reviews and keep quality in mind. A blinged-out RGB crazy board does you no good if a VRM goes bang in six months.

I highly recommend faster RAM. DDR4 is cheap right now. 2400MHz RAM probably can't be overclocked much past 2800, if it gets that far, but a set of 3000 MHz RAM should be able to OC to 3200 or beyond.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If you plan to overclock an R7, power delivery and non-shit VRMs are essential. Beyond that, decide what features you want, look at the boards that offer those features, then pick the one you like best. Read reviews and keep quality in mind. A blinged-out RGB crazy board does you no good if a VRM goes bang in six months.

I highly recommend faster RAM. DDR4 is cheap right now. 2400MHz RAM probably can't be overclocked much past 2800, if it gets that far, but a set of 3000 MHz RAM should be able to OC to 3200 or beyond.

I unfortunately can't buy everything... Here the 3000mhz is very expensive. I don't plan to overclock, when i get more experience perhaps some day.

Is the PC for gaming only? If not, what else are you mainly using it for?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Is the PC for gaming only? If not, what else are you mainly using it for?

i'm using for work as well. I thought about buying a gaming laptop, so i would only work on the pc, but the price here is just horrible for good laptops.

Just now, Gustavo Dutra said:

i'm using for work as well. I thought about buying a gaming laptop, so i would only work on the pc, but the price here is just horrible for good laptops.

What kind of work? If all you do is word processing, and the only hard hitting thing is gaming, then get the Ryzen 5 3600X instead of the Ryzen 7 2700X. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

Asus, ROG STRIX X470-F,

meh for the price... where are you located?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

meh for the price... where are you located?

Brazil.

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

What kind of work? If all you do is word processing, and the only hard hitting thing is gaming, then get the Ryzen 5 3600X instead of the Ryzen 7 2700X. 

I usually do 3d models and renders. But luckly i got my 1080, so i render on it.

20 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Its a good idea really. The ryzen 5 3600 is 300brl cheaper.

27 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

ehm... I'll leave this one to @Princess Luna

I'm not familiar at all with Brazil's pricing

Why do you do that to me? I hate the brazilian market :/

If OP will focus on 3d related rendering work he might be better served with the vanilla R7 2700 value wise, a Gigabyte B450M Gaming is the cheapest board you can find that should still handle the CPU well enough.

Furthermore if he hasn't a 144hz screen he won't really be held back any significantly gaming wise going with Zen+ instead.

Memory wise, this is likely around the best values we have right now:

https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/101185/memoria-crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-8gb-3000mhz-ddr4-cl15-vermelho-bls8g4d30aesek

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

11 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

Why do you do that to me? I hate the brazilian market :/

If OP will focus on 3d related rendering work he might be better served with the vanilla R7 2700 value wise, a Gigabyte B450M Gaming is the cheapest board you can find that should still handle the CPU well enough.

Furthermore if he hasn't a 144hz screen he won't really be held back any significantly gaming wise going with Zen+ instead.

Memory wise, this is likely around the best values we have right now:

https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/101185/memoria-crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-8gb-3000mhz-ddr4-cl15-vermelho-bls8g4d30aesek

Thanks Luna, and all for your tips :]