Didn't drain Psu fully andr dropped screw on mobo

I forgot to drain my PSU and I dropped a screw on my mobo(while the psu was plugged in but turned off but it was on before that and the psu.) I havent got around to powering it on and I found the screw and put it were it belongs. Would the little bit of electrcity running through the components be enough to get shorted by a screw? Or is it more of a safety precaution so the builder doesn't get hurt to drain it? 

youre most likely fine.  i cant count the amount of times ive dropped screws into a plugged in system.

Just now, maartendc said:

youre most likely fine.  i cant count the amount of times ive dropped screws into a plugged in system.

Wait you dropped screws into plugged in and turned on systems? Someone said that easily would destroy a motherboard. 

If the pc was shut down even with power supply still connected, you should be fine. only a small part of the motherboard is running while the pc is shut down and it's unlikely you shorted exactly that portion with your tiny screw.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

If the pc was shut down even with power supply still connected, you should be fine. only a small part of the motherboard is running while the pc is shut down and it's unlikely you shorted exactly that portion with your tiny screw.

The psu was shut off not only the pc

19 minutes ago, Sandwhichsareyummy said:

Wait you dropped screws into plugged in and turned on systems? Someone said that easily would destroy a motherboard. 

These things are usually not as delicate as people make it out to be. Perhaps if you are unlucky theoretically it could happen. Definitely not best practice. But in most cases, its probably fine.

The systems I work on are always turned off. But sometimes I am lazy and leave it plugged in while working on something.

Just now, maartendc said:

These things are usually not as delicate as people make it out to be. Perhaps if you are unlucky theoretically it could happen. Definitely not best practice. But in most cases, its probably fine.

The systems I work on are always turned off. But sometimes I am lazy and leave it plugged in while working on something.

Just got home and turned it on. Seems to work. There isnt any possibility of future damage caused by this is there? 

I did drop a screw in a turned on PSU once. Guess what. Fan blade broken PSU still fine.

But you can also be not lucky and have it short something in the PSU.
Bot on a motherboard its pretty hard to short something as most is under the resing of the PCB.
But if its turned off, yeah no problem at all. Then static electricity would be much higher risk. (But that still like 1 in a million...)

TL:DR Its ok if it was off.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, Sandwhichsareyummy said:

Just got home and turned it on. Seems to work. There isnt any possibility of future damage caused by this is there? 

I do not think so.
If it wouldve done any damage you wouldve noticed imediatly.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!