IOS 7 is on 80% of apple devices

brownninja97

This isnt correct in our house but it seems like we are a minority.

So far here is a the low down

IOS 7 users: 80%

IOS 6 users: 17%

people that dunno how to update and are on IOS 3: 3% (alternatively they may not be powerful enough to upgrade)

These numbers were found by the amount of people that went into the app store in the next 7 days of the them updating so i think it might not be too accurate.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/35108/ios-7-is-now-on-over-80-of-apple-devices/index.html

So what are your opinions and please try not to start raging.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It's Apple...they have total control of their devices.And when a device is "too old" to be upgraded,Apple consumers usually buy the newest one.It isn't surprising.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It comes as no surprise, it's a closed system with purpose built updates that are scheduled properly. the fact that 60%+ of Android devices are running Jellybean is more of an accomplishment in my eyes.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I like iOS7

it's not too bad. though I can't stand iOS in general.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Made this image about iOS7 a while ago, It seriously looks like ass and runs like shit with limited features on anything older than the iPhone 5:

I was using my girlfriend's iPhone 5 the other day which runs iOS7, and coming from someone who uses Paranoid Android on a GS3, iOS7 is an absolute design mess. There is no design consistency throughout the OS and apps, and the overall operation is hindered by poorly placed buttons. It's like they chucked the iOS6 design with WP and Android in a blender and this thing got shat out. Jony Ive is a master of industrial design, but his first go at GUI design is a huge fuck up.

- Some icons are flat, some are gradiented, some are glossy, some are round, some are square.

- It lacks indicative features that let you know which text fields are editable (as seen above)

- text is a mismatch of sizes and weight

- the animations are slow and unnecessary

- the excessive use of white backgrounds uses a lot of battery and strains the eyes more

- some APPLE MADE apps still have the iOS<6 skuemorphic design

- some apps are completely flat, others are filled with gradients

- transparency on the home screen/status drawer/settings switcher/other app elements conflicts with the flat design

- keyboard has no visual representation of prediction of selectable corrections, just changes your word

- back button in apps is the top left corner, the furthest reach for your thumb

- can't select default apps like Chrome for the browser and Google Maps for mapping, both of which A LOT of people use

- no way to tell were an app is if it's on the second page of a folder

Quick pic to try to demonstrate some silly design elements:

7Ky6ZLl.jpg

http://blog.jaredsinclair.com/post/64880801326/untouchable

Edit, also want to add, amateur designers making better looking iOS icons than Apple:

http://wasimagined.deviantart.com/art/Kalmor-Theme-iOS-7-428530143

http://mushcube.deviantart.com/art/M-Flat-393189031

http://pointvision.deviantart.com/art/Space-potato-Small-update-7-15-13-383460780

http://pointvision.deviantart.com/art/Download-SpaceBlueBerry-Update-v1-5-424979056

http://pointvision.deviantart.com/art/Zanilla-2-1-427258578

http://pointvision.deviantart.com/art/Zanilla-Warfare-428507125

http://pointvision.deviantart.com/art/darkpotatoes-427499718

I really hope they fix their design with iOS8. 

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I like iOS7

iOS7 is buggy as shit. I can't use the music player without experiencing one bug. They aren't horrible bugs, but little ones that are enough to ruin the experience. 

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

iOS7 is buggy as shit. I can't use the music player without experiencing one bug. They aren't horrible bugs, but little ones that are enough to ruin the experience.

Really? Safari sometimes crashes on me but I don't think it's big of a deal. It's nowhere perfect but in my opinion it's a better experience than previous versions

144Hz goodness

Note: 80% of devices that used the app store.

Only Apple's latest devices (plus the iPhone 4) support iOS 7. Then Apple makes all these newer apps mandatory for iOS 7 only
meaning all the older devices won't support these apps, and consequently won't connect to the app store because there's no point.

Apple doesn't do backwards compatibility for very long (at least on their iOS side), so you are forced to buy new devices far more regularly than you should have to.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

laggy on half of them

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

laggy on half of them

agreed, its destroyed the performance on every apple product we have. Also mavericks has taken a shit on the performance on my fathers apple imac.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I still use IOS 5 :/

5 and 6 are gold

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Really? Safari sometimes crashes on me but I don't think it's big of a deal. It's nowhere perfect but in my opinion it's a better experience than previous versions

IE on WP8 has never crashed on me :P

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

still on iOS 6 because it looks so much better than 7

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520