Excessive Phone Use Linked To More Promiscuity

21 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The anxiety and depression part I can understand cos I have both and am a Uni student.

Talk to people about that. You should be having a great time at Uni - this is where you choose what to do in life, and take it in easy steps. Don't worry about anxiety everyone gets that no matter who you are. 

21 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I would say from the excessive phone usage thing that I do 3 and 4. I have no sexual partners and I'm surprised that a lot of the people doing the study said they did. Granted I've known a few people who used their phones a hell of a lot more than me and they had quite a few sexual partners.

Depends what you do with your phone TBH, there are so many variables, and that is why only an association has been formed. I suspect the people who actually had time to complete the form probably have more time to go out or hit up girls. 

and more sexual partners

Considering there are so many virgins I doubt this.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

So you're telling me, instead of directly being on my computer. I should just RDP into it from my phone, and that'll get me more sexual partners? Sounds like a plan.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

and water is dry.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Lovely society we are. Either way, I barely use my phone. Maybe when at caffee for a bit on forums or browse stuff. No social media. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

my airphone 10 doesn't do this.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

13 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Correlation is not causation. IMO the likely link is that the people who are spending a lot more time on their phones are also the ones who would be going out to parties etc. more often. The people who are studying all the time will of course not have as many sexual partners, and likely lower screen time as well.

Even worse, it's not even a correlation, it's a link.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

We really need to talk to "researchers" about how a sample size of a few thousand is NOWHERE NEAR enough to accurately state anything about a population of a few million or hundred million..... out of a few billion.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 7/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, Trik'Stari said:

We really need to talk to "researchers" about how a sample size of a few thousand is NOWHERE NEAR enough to accurately state anything about a population of a few million or hundred million..... out of a few billion.

It's university students only. 

Sample is fine for a decent margin of error. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 7/5/2019 at 12:34 AM, Arika S said:

Also: sending unsolicited dickpics is not a sexual encounter 

How about if they wear a condom on the picture, can't it still count?

4 hours ago, laminutederire said:

How about if they wear a condom on the picture, can't it still count?

somehow i feel that makes it worse

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

This makes sense to me.

Using your phone so much that you miss work, get blurred vision, and have others complain about how much you use it, implies to me that such people have weak impulse control. Having more sexual partners (especially casual encounters) goes hand in hand with having low impulse control, especially if you drink a lot. 

Now whether this weak impulse control is the result of being spoiled (or otherwise raised badly), low IQ, or any other number of reasons is up for debate. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

This is purely correlation! Any inferences here are simply speculation and somewhat enlightened guessing.