PC flickers on and then off then refuses to turn back on

I just finished building a pc and the moment I pressed the power button for the first time, the computer flickered on and then off, and refused to turn back on until I flipped the power switch on the PSU off and then back on, and then it repeated the cycle. The PSU is a Cooler Master masterwatt lite 500w, and I had a different PSU that nearly blew up inside my system, but I RMAed it for this one. What do I do?

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

To be clear, this is not the PC in my signature, this is a different pc that has an r5 1600 and rx 570 8gb, and I just finished building it around 5 minutes ago.

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

2 minutes ago, SuperNerd Kid said:

Hold the button down.

Alright, I will.

does the psu click? sounds like its hitting some sort of protection

2 minutes ago, SuperNerd Kid said:

Hold the button down.

Nothing

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

does the psu click? sounds like its hitting some sort of protection

What do you mean by "Click"?

Pull cmos jumper or battery if problem is present try a different psu. I have a 10 year old desktop that will do this and usually you can hold the button down and your problem is solved

1 minute ago, SuperNerd Kid said:

Pull cmos jumper or battery if problem is present try a different psu. I have a 10 year old desktop that will do this and usually you can hold the button down and your problem is solved

The computer was just built, I haven't even installed windows on it.

3 minutes ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

What do you mean by "Click"?

the sound CLICK. check that all the cables are correct. some psu ( if not all) go apeshit if a cable is the wrong way ( pcie in psu and psu side in the pcie card for instance) 

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

the sound CLICK. check that all the cables are correct. some psu ( if not all) go apeshit if a cable is the wrong way ( pcie in psu and psu side in the pcie card for instance) 

Definitely not something like that, I put a lot of effort when it comes to the cables.I'll double check and get back to you, though. Also, do you think that my motherboard was damaged from the last PSU?

Just now, ImAyaanKhan said:

The computer was just built, I haven't even installed windows on it.

Try a cmos clear and/or a different psu. I personally have had a power supply that didn't work and it was brand new. I know this because I hooked it up to a known good system and it didn't work but I hooked in a different powersupply of the same spec in the exact some config and Locke DA! it worked

Definitely not something like that, I put a lot of effort when it comes to the cables.I'll double check and get back to you, though. Also, do you think that my motherboard was damaged from the last PSU?

kinda impossible to tell if it was or wasn't. i thought there's no way i would do that mistake but guess how i learned about it. i did it myself so check it regardless :P . for me anyway usually when a psu dont wanna play ball there's something triggering protection 

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

The person who built the computer chances are he was born in the dark but is wasn't last night. Also they aren't sensitive to direction. no matter where each end is connected it should work.

Make sure you have the CPU fan plugged into the cpu fan header and not a case fan header. My first build turned off and on because of that. 

Just now, SuperNerd Kid said:

The person who built the computer chances are he was born in the dark but is wasn't last night. Also they aren't sensitive to direction. no matter where each end is connected it should work.

thats wrong. im talking from personal experience. my AX1200 refuse to power up if the pcie ( or any other cable for that matter ) is the wrong way. 

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

kinda impossible to tell if it was or wasn't. i thought there's no way i would do that mistake but guess how i learned about it. i did it myself so check it regardless :P . for me anyway usually when a psu dont wanna play ball there's something triggering protection 

Yeah, I just double checked, the cables are good, and I really don't know what could be triggering the protection.

4 minutes ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

It's possible. it happened to a $400 dollar laptop that was an hp ProBook 455 g3 and it died because of the stupid charger I miss that laptop

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Make sure you have the CPU fan plugged into the cpu fan header and not a case fan header. My first build turned off and on because of that. 

I'll check

It's possible. it happened to a $400 dollar laptop that was an hp ProBook 455 g3 and it died because of the stupid charger I miss that laptop

oof, I won't RMA yet though, I still ahve to check diagnostics and microcenter is an hour away

Yeah, I just double checked, the cables are good, and I really don't know what could be triggering the protection.

What wattage in the power supply

1 minute ago, SuperNerd Kid said:

What wattage in the power supply

500w. r5 1600 +rx 570 8gb and 16 gb corsair vengeance pro

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

thats wrong. im talking from personal experience. my AX1200 refuse to power up if the pcie ( or any other cable for that matter ) is the wrong way. 

Huh you learn something new every day. I don't have a modular psu.Really wish I did. but I know that SATA power cables aren'e direction sensitive.

Huh you learn something new every day. I don't have a modular psu.Really wish I did. but I know that SATA power cables aren'e direction sensitive.

they are on the ax1200 :P everything is labeled with psu side or whatever else side. 

1 minute ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

500w. r5 1600 +rx 570 8gb and 16 gb corsair vengeance pro

Ok just making sure you didn't cheap out. NEVER CHEAP OUT!!!! YOU WILL REGRET CHEAPING OUT NO MATTER WHAT IT IS!