Titanfall beta is confirmed and will be launching soon(ish)

TopWargamer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/27/retailer-suggests-titanfall-beta-coming-in-february

*UPDATE*: Beta is CONFIRMED via Titanfall's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/427982490477674496

Titanfall will be getting a beta next month, if posters put up by a French retailer are to be believed.

Xboxygen was sent the photos by a reader, which allegedly come from a Micromania store in France. In them, you can see posters explaining a beta for the game will begin on February 14.

The site goes on to say an insider has said the beta will run until February 19, and will be available exclusively from Micromania stores in France and GameStop stores elsewhere.

Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella took to Twitter to say this:

"Yes, we will have an announcement soon. I'm sure no one can guess what it will be... #supersecret"

Tweet found here: https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/427856112797233154

Yay. It's basically confirmed that there will be a Titanfall beta...except it's not confirmed...yet. Let's just assume that this is happening. Glad to see that there will be a beta, and honestly, it's a smart move, because this is their first game. To get into the beta, you'll probably have to have the game on pre-order, just some speculation on my part.

COMIC SANS

EA better not fuck up Titanfall

I'm not preordering either.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

titan fall looks like the game of the year for me, but i firmly believe that EA will mess it up some how...

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

They will find a way...

Probably Micro-transactions. Shit, shouldn't be giving them ideas!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Probably Micro-transactions. Shit, shouldn't be giving them ideas!

AFAIK EA i just putting the game out there, taking it to retailer and maybe some of the publicity but everything else is on respawn hands which i say they are independent BTW

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

why is everyone so excited for Titanfall? I don't get it.

First it's from EA.

and it's an fps.

and it's online.

sound pretty generic to me.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

First it's from EA.

and it's an fps.

and it's online.

Still fun for most people. Since most people aren't really into hipster indie games.

1340433133397.jpeg The fact is, most gamers are "filthy casuals" (me included probably; I'm not ashamed) and would buy generic games if they are fun. 

Still fun for most people. Since most people aren't really into hipster indie games.

1340433133397.jpeg The fact is, most gamers are "filthy casuals" (me included probably; I'm not ashamed) and would buy generic games if they are fun. 

Im not saying it is bad, it actually looks pretty good.

But as we know from the past, games don't always turn out as good as they seem. 

And btw, hipster Indie game? Really?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

First it's from EA.

and it's an fps.

and it's online.

I mean, it is a generic game, but it still looks cool. From the looks of it, it's essentially a futuristic Call of Duty with mechs, and the gameplay looks like it'll be a bit better than Call of Duty. Just because some games are generic doesn't mean that people can't find enjoyment out of them. Call of Duty is a great example of this.

Indie games are not hipster.

COMIC SANS

Im not saying it is bad, it actually looks pretty good.

But as we know from the past, games don't always turn out as good as they seem. 

And btw, hipster Indie game? Really?

Oh of course. SO FAR it looks good, but the final judgement should be when it comes out. I will probably order it, but not pre order it.

As for the indie games thing. Not all Indie games are hipster games, but pretty much all hipsters buy indie games, but also not ONLY hipsters buy indie games... you see that?

As for the indie games thing. Not all Indie games are hipster games, but pretty much all hipsters buy indie games, but also not ONLY hipsters buy indie games... you see that?

Then if people other than hipsters also buy indie games, how can indie games be hipster? You're essentially calling just about every PC gamer a hipster, just saying.

COMIC SANS

Then if people other than hipsters also buy indie games, how can indie games be hipster? You're essentially calling just about every PC gamer a hipster, just saying.

You're trying to make it look that I said all indie games are hipster games, when in fact I said it's the hipsters who go after indie games. There's a differences.

And the "people other than hipsters" who get indie games, are actually a minority among gamers overall. You and I and pretty much everyone else know that. Most gamers do not buy indie games, they buy AAA titles. This is not of course a judgment of the quality of games on either side as that's subjective, but it is what happens.

officially confirmed by titanfall twitter

Titanfall ‏@Titanfallgame

We're excited to announce Titanfall will offer a PC and Xbox One Beta. Details coming soon #Titanfall pic.twitter.com/v7S70jf4BI

get your mechs ready 

post-29966-ITS-HAPPENING-gif-Ron-Paul-HD

now lets hope is fully open (no pre-orders required)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I mean, it is a generic game, but it still looks cool. From the looks of it, it's essentially a futuristic Call of Duty with mechs, and the gameplay looks like it'll be a bit better than Call of Duty. Just because some games are generic doesn't mean that people can't find enjoyment out of them. Call of Duty is a great example of this.

it looks tighter because source is just that good

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Eh. 

2 things I don't like about TitanFall

1. Game is named after a command in the game. I see that as a little lame tbh.

2. Published by EA. I expect there to be a TitanFall Premium :P or some sort of way to milk more money.

Looks like a Halo/COD crossover.

I am so exited for this game!! (Dear EA do not F*** this up!!)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Same. I'm pretty ecstatic. pretty much as excited as i was for BF3!!!

Got the collectors edition for the game as well <3 love the figures :$!

I'll post some pictures once I get it or do an unboxing.

I'm surprised at some of the comments.

EA/Origin has games that, believe it or not, are not ruined by the corporate suits at EA. I believe Titanfall will be one of them. 

1. Most of the people at Respawn worked on past Call of Duty titles at Infinity Ward. Take a guess why they probably left.
  2. The name of the game shouldn't matter, especially if it's something that's in the game. HALO anyone?
  3. Respawn defended their mechanic in Titanfall of the matches being 6v6 human players. "MAOR PPL MEENS BETR!" Nope.
  4. There's nothing generic about this game. Go watch the gameplay videos and still say it's generic. Lol.

I won't be able to buy it right when it comes out, but I will buy it when I can. It looks very good.

inb4 SimCity, SWTOR (and whatever else) arguments.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/27/retailer-suggests-titanfall-beta-coming-in-february

*UPDATE*: Beta is CONFIRMED via Titanfall's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/427982490477674496

Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella took to Twitter to say this:

Yay. It's basically confirmed that there will be a Titanfall beta...except it's not confirmed...yet. Let's just assume that this is happening. Glad to see that there will be a beta, and honestly, it's a smart move, because this is their first game. To get into the beta, you'll probably have to have the game on pre-order, just some speculation on my part.

Oh isee. ea ? let me tell you about battlefield LOL

Hope EA doesn't screw this game up. They better get this game and Battlefront right. All the childhood memories...

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I'm interested in this game, but have no intention of preordering it because I don't trust ea. If it looks good and goes on sale (which it will), I might get it then, but ea deserve as little of my money as possible

HTTP/2 203

35105_06_titanfall_beta_is_coming_to_xbo

So this important looking guy has said that it will be on pc, well that is about it. Also the beta will be hitting at around February 14th to the 19th according to a umm a person this forum which shall not be nameded.

Anyways did titanfall just jump up in your good books.

on another note my mother just brought me a cookie AND ITS NOT RAISIN.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/35105/titanfall-beta-is-coming-to-xbox-one-pc/index.html

Randompun: I guess this game is factual as you know the gtx titan is about to......fall

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

hypeuuuuuuu? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed