Need a good 500gb SSD!

JeremyS244

Moving over to an SSD setup from a HDD one; I already have a 120gb ssd with windows and a couple of games on it and I am looking to buy a 500gb ssd to be my main storage device; I only use around 250gb of storage on my computer atm as I only play a few games so 500gb is perfect for me. I am looking specifically on amazon and I have no idea which drive would be the best option; I currently am looking to spend approximately £50. The SanDisk drive looks to be the best option in my opinion but I am not sure which is why any help at all would be very, very much appreciated! Although the write/read speed is an important factor for me; I think the reliability of the drive is more important to myself.

Tysm for anyone who helps!!!

Ahhh yeah that was another one that I was looking at but thought it only was available 2nd hand; guess I was wrong haha. Thanks very much for ur reply, it looks like a great option.

20 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Kingston SSD A400 is a good choice. I own one myself.

Agree 100 %. It's super affordable, and although the TBW won't break any records realistically it's still more than you need.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

6 minutes ago, vojta.pokorny said:

One like for that awesome profile pic :D 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

49 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Kingston SSD A400 is a good choice. I own one myself.

Would not but it, it's slow and from what I have been told it has random flash death.

Rather get the MX 500 which where I'm at is cheaper, faster and higher quality

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have the 480gb BX500... I know it's DRAMless and a budget option but it gives a pretty decent performance so I can't complain.

Motherboard: MSI B450m Mortar Max

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wraith Prism

RAM: Klev Cras X 3200mhz 8gb x2

GPU:  Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB

PSU: Seasonic GX-750

Case: Inplay Robin 101 + 10 fans w/ hub and remote

Storage: Toshiba 1TB, Western Digital WD Green 1TB, Crucial BX500 480GB