XBox Game Pass for PC - The Netflix of games (low price)

GoodBytes
6 minutes ago, TekSupport said:

Hasn't the xbox game pass been out for the past year at least.

I have played sea of thieves like 8 months ago on this pass.

yes, but this version has all its games supported on PC vs the xbox version only having about 20 out of the 100 games supported on PC. also the PC version will also support non UWP games. (win32 stuff)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

On 6/9/2019 at 11:23 PM, RejZoR said:

I hate the idea of games as a service. Games aren't like movies where it's absolutely identical on every run so you basically watch it once and forget about it. Where games can be entirely different experience for several runs. And if you like modding and simply prefer to actually own things, this just isn't it. But I can see it being popular among normies who treat games like I treat movies. They play them through once and forget about them. For them, this will be great as it would probably end up being cheaper.

I agree mostly but there are many movies that I have watched many times because of things missed just like in games

service thing does sound great to me at times because I dont want to buy 20 games to find 1 game I enjoy

23 minutes ago, pas008 said:

I agree mostly but there are many movies that I have watched many times because of things missed just like in games

service thing does sound great to me at times because I dont want to buy 20 games to find 1 game I enjoy

On 6/10/2019 at 12:23 AM, RejZoR said:

I hate the idea of games as a service. Games aren't like movies where it's absolutely identical on every run so you basically watch it once and forget about it. Where games can be entirely different experience for several runs. And if you like modding and simply prefer to actually own things, this just isn't it. But I can see it being popular among normies who treat games like I treat movies. They play them through once and forget about them. For them, this will be great as it would probably end up being cheaper.

ya, it all comes down to price and at $5-$10 a month for access to a bunch of games is a great deal. if you really enjoy a game or need more time then buy it. but being able to try out games and also play games you normally would not buy is a great advantage. If you go back to when renting games was more common, this price is like renting a game for a 1 week once every month, but now you have access to more games for the whole month.

For me personally my price tipping point is around $15, more then that I don't feel it would be worth it to me. you can also look at it at $10/m its like only buying 2 games at year at launch, and if you can't make up the value of this over that time then don't get it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I am gonna give this a try. They have Metro Exodus, Into the Breach, Void Bastards, Forza Horizon and some other titles I had been meaning to check out.

At $1 its a no brainer

At $5 a month its a no brainer

at $10 a month, that is still a pretty fair price. At $120 annually, (the price of 2 full price games), you get access to a LOT of games. Pretty cool.

Nice picked it up on the weekend so I could give Metro a go..

Their setup is pretty nice really.. could do with more games but for the price you really cant go wrong.. 

It's not region locked right?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I just realized this is good try before you buy method. Pay 10 $/€ and test all the games you want. Then you buy those you really want for real and you don't want them tied to any subscirption. I mean, given they don't make demo games anymore and refunding is limited in most cases. This kinda solves that. Might use it for this purpose.

I was already subscribed to the regular gamepass for Xbox One as it was on sale a few month ago. Although I don't use it very often..

I upgraded to the PC version, I have played a few of the games so far. I hope they keep added to it, right now there's only a handful of decent games available.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

I think the selection is fine for a $1 first month beta.

Honestly, I don't understand the complaints here.

I pay for Humble Monthly, Netflix, Youtube Red, etc., and this is just another service to get me some more content.

I think people forget the value of money and find odd reasons to complain.

It's in BETA, and it's only $1 fright now and then $5 until it is out of beta. It is letting me enjoy some games that I wouldn't otherwise want to really pay a full price for or care to have forever. It's worth mentioning that any Microsoft published title will be on the service.

This is Microsoft's new model. They've seen great success doing it with Office 365, so it only makes sense they would push it hard for gaming as well. Xbox is just a gaming service now, not just a dedicated piece of hardware.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

18 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

I think the selection is fine for a $1 first month beta.

Honestly, I don't understand the complaints here.

I pay for Humble Monthly, Netflix, Youtube Red, etc., and this is just another service to get me some more content.

I think people forget the value of money and find odd reasons to complain.

It's in BETA, and it's only $1 fright now and then $5 until it is out of beta. It is letting me enjoy some games that I wouldn't otherwise want to really pay a full price for or care to have forever. It's worth mentioning that any Microsoft published title will be on the service.

This is Microsoft's new model. They've seen great success doing it with Office 365, so it only makes sense they would push it hard for gaming as well. Xbox is just a gaming service now, not just a dedicated piece of hardware.

It's even better if you have both Console and PC.

I just signed up for the $1/mo intro, and they converted my remaining XBL Gold sub into Game Pass Ultimate at no charge, and gave me an extra 3 months for free. So now I have Game Pass Ultimate for $1 that lasts until November.

There's like 250 games in Xbox, plus whatever is on PC as well. And the Xbox selection includes some damn good games.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

It's even better if you have both Console and PC.

I just signed up for the $1/mo intro, and they converted my remaining XBL Gold sub into Game Pass Ultimate at no charge, and gave me an extra 3 months for free. So now I have Game Pass Ultimate for $1 that lasts until November.

There's like 250 games in Xbox, plus whatever is on PC as well. And the Xbox selection includes some damn good games.

Also, day one game pass games.

Honestly, I like the idea of paying $5-$10 a month to have continued access to brand new games. If I really want to own it, then I will buy it like I do with other games that I want to own physical copies of.

It's a really good deal overall.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Its a decent start for sure..  would like to see more big titles getting added and i am sure we will..

But I get to play the new Metro game for £1 so happy with that for now haha,