Is it a good idea to buy a galaxy note edge, note 4 or a note 5 in 2019?

so im planning to buy a phone at a tight budget of $100 from a local shop. I have no way of importing as taxes are insane and newer phones at my budget are pretty useless. If these galaxy devices are no gud what other phones do u suggest that i check out in the used market.

Personally, I'd say no. They're all running outdated Android-versions without newest patches for vulnerabilities and I don't think any of them are supported by LineageOS, either.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Personally, I'd say no. They're all running outdated Android-versions without newest patches for vulnerabilities and I don't think any of them are supported by LineageOS, either.

atm im using a 2016 HTC U Play and it doesn't get any updates as well but it does function alright. I just dont like this phone that i have now. I would be happy to have a better camera and display, i hope these galaxy devices have them

13 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

so im planning to buy a phone at a tight budget of $100 from a local shop. I have no way of importing as taxes are insane and newer phones at my budget are pretty useless. If these galaxy devices are no gud what other phones do u suggest that i check out in the used market.

Altho the Note5 is somewhat older, sure it should still work.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Are you sure? Besides the manufacterers being stingy with their updates. Where's the proof you need up to date security updates?
(I am wondering this as i am still using an old phone with at least 2 year out of date security patches)

ps. and also i've never heard any problems due to security patches. (Just fanboys wanting to have the latest).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

If you like how they looked then go for it.

But in terms of performance, a cheap new budget phone, will eclipsed most of the highlited features of that phone.

Big batteries > all cheap phone have 4k mah, plus they have lower power consumption.

Big screen > All cheap phone is 6 inch or more.

the only thing left is the stylus, if you're in to that.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Where's the proof you need up to date security updates?
(I am wondering this as i am still using an old phone with at least 2 year out of date security patches)

You only need security updates if you want to be protected for the latest exploits......

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

If you like how they looked then go for it.

But in terms of performance, a cheap new budget phone, will eclipsed most of the highlited features of that phone.

Big batteries > all cheap phone have 4k mah, plus they have lower power consumption.

Big screen > All cheap phone is 6 inch or more.

the only thing left is the stylus, if you're in to that.

from where i come from u cant get these for my budget. the new phones are mostly base model oppo phones and nokia stuff that im unsure if its any gud. Phones are quite expensive here

9 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

from where i come from u cant get these for my budget. the new phones are mostly base model oppo phones and nokia stuff that im unsure if its any gud. Phones are quite expensive here

Old phone = No warranty...

Phones can die at any time you know.

You won't know the source of the phone, it can be an ex display unit.

Ex display unit can run for 12 hour non stop at a store front.

Samsung phone with Amoled display may have a serious burn problem from prolonged screen on time.

And the cost of replacing an amoled screen is the same as the phone itself.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w