Which PSU is better?

STlNG3R
21 minutes ago, STlNG3R said:

Tried it with a cheap 5 years old Cooler Master Elite Power Plus 600W and no problems with it.

I would not keep that Elite Power Plus too long, it is not a particularly good PSU.  At the moment it is fine until you get your new PSU (I mean if you don't have a better option ? )

I can't finde a really bad PSU on that website, if you  filter for 40000 -50000 and select the recommended brands. They are all A or even S 

Can someone please double check this. 

13 minutes ago, STlNG3R said:

120-150€ (40.000-50.000 Ft) / https://www.arukereso.hu/tapegyseg-c3158/raktaron/

So prices are... RM750x (38,000). Straight Power 11 750w (40,000). Cooler Master V1000 (36,000). EVGA G2 750w (38,000)
The 550w variants look to be around the 30,000 mark, so I would say that's enough of a price difference. May as well save your money and go the 550w version since the 750w version isn't going to give you any benefit.

I'd recommend the Bitfenix Whisper M 550w for 28,000 (~85 Euro). Just as good or better than the ones listed and 30 Euro or so cheaper. https://www.arukereso.hu/tapegyseg-c3158/bitfenix/whisper-m-550w-gold-bp-wg550umag-9fm-p356074877/

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

22 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It's better to spend $70 on a good quality 550w PSU than it is to spend $70 on a crappy 850w PSU.

Well yeah if you have a 70$ budget you go for the better one but if the 550w is 60$ and the 650W is 70$ of the same PSU type you might just spend the extra 10$ if you are not on a "every $ counts as 2 budget", so that is what I meant by spending the extra 10$ 

Never seen before Bitfenix psu's. Only their pc cases are famous in Hungary.

Does a Whisper M better compared to the Straight Power 11 550W?

Be quiet! gives 5 years warranty while Bitfenix gives 7 years.

Just checked out Whisper M reviews and it's looks good as well. Now i'm very confused. ? 

9 minutes ago, STlNG3R said:

I'd say they're about equal with each other. Considering the Straight Power 11 550w costs 5,000 (15 Euro) more, I'd go with the Bitfenix Whisper M. You can't really go wrong with either of them though.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 hours ago, STlNG3R said:

Never seen before Bitfenix psu's. Only their pc cases are famous in Hungary.

Just checked out Whisper M reviews and it's looks good as well. Now i'm very confused. ? 

They're roughly equal, so I'd just go for a Whisper M, just for the longer warranty and lower price. You'll be happy with both PSUs though, assuming it isn't DOA.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

12 hours ago, STlNG3R said:

Hey,

Wanna change the psu in my system and i don't know which one is the best way to choose.

The selected psu's:

Corsair RMx Series RM750x 750W Gold (CP-9020092/155)

be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W Gold (BN283)

EVGA SuperNova 750 G2

Cooler Master V1000 1000W Gold (RSA00-AFBAG1-EU)

Mostly all of them is at the same price atm in my country.

I'd take Straight Power 11 over the Rest.

In second place the RMx.

Rest I'd not think about, HOWEVER:

My system:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO
HDD: 2x WD Black 7200rpm
RAM: 2x G.Skill Aegis 8gb 3000Mhz

MBD: Asrock X470 Taichi

That's a ~300W System, maybe 400W.

You don't need no 750W for that.

A good quality 550W would be enough.

DO you have 550W Versions of the above mentioned PSU available?

9 hours ago, STlNG3R said:

Bitfenix is only 3 Rails wich can cause Problems with some high power GPUs, the be quiet is 4 Rails. To be fair, you can work around that with moving the cables around (CPU and PCie Ports are the same)

The be quiet has a lower fan RPM IIRC at lower loads than the Bitfenix, but 500rpm or less is fine.

The Cables in the Box of the Whisper M are only flat ribbon ones, be quiet uses sleeved ones.

The advantage of the Whisper M is the compatibility to Corsair Type 4 cables.

The Advantage of the be quiet is the additional Rail and also probably better Cables in the Box.

TL;DR:
Throw a coin or get whatever is cheaper or you feel like it. Both are fine electronically.

The differences are on the outside. So between these two you can go by belly, looks or whatever you want.

11 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

The biggest factors of PSU is their efficiency, that "80+ rating" next to all model names on listings.

Not really. 
That's the most utterly irrelevant factor of a PSU. There are way more important things. It just happens to be that making good quality 80plus Bronze units happen to be similar in cost than OK 80plus Gold units, so that's why there aren't many good Bronze units.
But with other Efficiency units, you can get crap in any of them, for different reasons though.

An 80plus Titanium unit that has ripple/noise barely in spec is not a great one...

What counts is voltage regulation, response to Transients and, especially, good protections. Efficiency, who really cares, honestly?

They are named as precious metals increasing in value ending with Platinum and starting with Bronze, and below that is the "White" 80+ which is below all others.

Silverstone Zeus 750 and 850W are two examples of (previously) awesome units that isn't really efficient.

Or Antec Signature, 650 and 850W are two examples of (previously) awesome units that are just 80plus Bronze.

With the others there are some good units and some pretty bad - for example Aurum Platinum or Antec Earth Watts Platinum are pretty bad units...

As said above, the cost of making a good PSU is the reason they start at Gold. Because there is barely any difference in manufacturing cost...

up to quality differences in the caps used within the power supply, quietness of fan and bearing material.

Caps are irrelevant and dependant on the circuit. Having 125°C Caps isn't a sign of quality. You do that because you need the temperature for example.

The quality of the caps can not be rated by us because we have to know the operational enviroment. A 2000h Cap can last forever if treated right. On the other hand you can kill a 10kh Cap (Nippon KZH for example) easily if you treat them the right way -> Ripple Current close to spec and high temperature will make it not last very long.

The Rest is true though...

11 hours ago, STlNG3R said:

I know but actually there's no much difference in the prices between 550 vs 750. The reason i listed CM V1000 1000w Gold is because right now it's cheaper than a BQ Straight Power 11 650w.

Got a little MasterLiquid ML240L RGB on the cpu and it's working verywell.

The CM V1000 is based on a really old design, around for 6 Years or more.

12 hours ago, Janick.Spielmann said:

All have more power then you need. (Check https://outervision.com/b/mgf3cD

urgh, that site again... 

It grossly overestimates the power consumption of components, wich makes it pretty useless.

You can also roll the dice, its as accurate.

Adding TDP of CPU + GPU or so on a piece of paper is more accurate.

Usually 550W is fine for most Systems. You need to go "Ultra" High End to bring the 550W down to its knees. Wich means HEDT Sockets....

All are from known brands.

Irrelevant as all "known brands" have pretty shitty units in their lineup. Some more, even though they are regarded highly by people, some less (Corsair, be quiet)

All have  a 90+ Gold rating.

Even if you mean 80plus Gold, that is not a statement that makes sense.

THe 80plus Rating is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the quality.

It is true that you find more shit at the lower end but that doesn't mean there aren't bad Gold or better units. There are. For example all Aurum based units, wich were also available in an 80plus Platinum version.

Pick the brand you like or the cheapest one. 
There is no difference.  

No, there are some massive differences for example connectors, cable, fan, fan speed, size of the case and also electrical performance.

The Cooler Master V1000 for example is based on a rather old Seasonic design.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Just went to check the reviews on newegg and amazon and saw the Seasonic FOCUS Plus is rocks in ratings.

Does it a good choice as well? Price is same as Straight Power 11.

25 minutes ago, STlNG3R said:

Just went to check the reviews on newegg and amazon and saw the Seasonic FOCUS Plus is rocks in ratings.

Does it a good choice as well? Price is same as Straight Power 11.

Both Whisper M and Straight Power 11 are better choices.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

38 minutes ago, STlNG3R said:

Seasonic FOCUS Plus

While it's an alright PSU, it has a few high/peak current issues which can be troublesome in some cases. Your GTX 1080 should end up alright but if pricing is on pair why take the chances?

The issues with this unit were so noteworthy Seasonic was forced to come public themselves on it:

https://www.bit-tech.net/news/seasonic-warns-of-focus-plus-psu-compatibility-issues/1/

So considering this was supposed to be a high end fully modular 80+ Gold unit, such an issue is a big bummer and puts this unit at the bottom of the "good quality" power supplies advised thus far.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Thank you for the informations and for the suggestions! ? I ended up with a Straight Power 11 650w. The reason i went with the 650w is because theres only a 5-6€ difference between 550 vs 650 and the 650 will be more future proof i think.