Yet another wii u sucker punch: Watch dogs is cancelled(for the wii u)(the cancel has been cancelled so its not cancelled anymore)

brownninja97
Go to solution Solved by sof006,

[uPDATE 2, 2:58PM:] Good news, everyone! GameStop Italy and our U.S.-based source have both said that this was all a glitch in the system and that Watch Dogs is—or will soon be—available for pre-order for Wii U again in Italy and the U.S. Apologies for making everyone nervous about this and for not getting that all sorted prior to publishing the first time.

Edit: As you can see above there was a glitch in the system, ironic with a game like this, bet it got hacked. Anyways it should be fine, you may read the article however if you want to.

ku-xlarge.jpg

So watch dogs was went to come out on wii u is is now being cancelled. The course says that they have a source which works at gamestop which has been instructed to cancel orders whether they are standing or about to order, this is happening in the US and italy so far, i highly doubt that it will be fine in the other countries. 

Ubisoft is one of the final supporters of the wii u and it would be a shame if they left the dieing console as well but they are all companies so it is understandable that they wouldnt want to waste time on the wii u version which would need a lot of adapting due to the fancy controller and as the console hasnt sold much it is unlikely that it will sell much on the console.

Well if you are a wii u owner then i feel very bad for you. 

http://kotaku.com/gamestop-is-canceling-watch-dogs-wii-u-pre-orders-this-1508273787?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ubisoft have not yet commented, so for now its rumour.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

who even cares about the wii u anymore. only the wii u owners as far as i know. and there arent even that many of em, especially not on this forum :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Thank jesus its not canceled for the pc ;3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Wii u is the only real console imo. I can get a better Xbox and ps4 experience on a pc. I can't get the Nintendo experience on pc. I have a killer pc for real games and a wii u for the console.

who even cares about the wii u anymore. only the wii u owners as far as i know. and there arent even that many of em, especially not on this forum :P

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Wii u is the only real console imo. I can get a better Xbox and ps4 experience on a pc. I can't get the Nintendo experience on pc. I have a killer pc for real games and a wii u for the console.

i have to agree with that. all these other next gen consoles are trying too much to be like PCs.

Why the hell would I want an Xbox One which isnt even advertised as a gaming console but as an all in One(thats where the name comes from) entertainment system? I already have a an all in one entertainment system, its called the PC and it does everything the Xbox One does but better.

PS4 is much more of a gaming console but I dont like where the games are going anymore anyway. Everyone just wants awesome graphics and well usually when u have awesome graphics u have not so good gameplay. And most of the games that try to achieve amazing graphic quality are shooters which Im really tired of.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i have to agree with that. all these other next gen consoles are trying too much to be like PCs.

Why the hell would I want an Xbox One which isnt even advertised as a gaming console but as an all in One(thats where the name comes from) entertainment system? I already have a an all in one entertainment system, its called the PC and it does everything the Xbox One does but better.

PS4 is much more of a gaming console but I dont like where the games are going anymore anyway. Everyone just wants awesome graphics and well usually when u have awesome graphics u have not so good gameplay. And most of the games that try to achieve amazing graphic quality are shooters which Im really tired of.

Yeah, same thoughts as well. Xbone and PS4 are both subpar experiences of my PC, with exclusives I don't care about.

WiiU offers something else, and Nintendo's first party stuff is always incredibly polished and I actually care about those exclusives.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

wow never thought of that

its truly the only real console

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

[uPDATE 2, 2:58PM:] Good news, everyone! GameStop Italy and our U.S.-based source have both said that this was all a glitch in the system and that Watch Dogs is—or will soon be—available for pre-order for Wii U again in Italy and the U.S. Apologies for making everyone nervous about this and for not getting that all sorted prior to publishing the first time.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Yea. I really doubt Ubisoft will cancel the game on the WiiU. They mentioned numerious times about the WiiU gamepad implementation with the game, and aim to provide the best gaming experience for the WiiU.

Pretty much. Add to that PS4 emulator should hit this year. Xbone is 720p on many games (lol 2008). 

Wii U emulator ain't coming. 3 x the power PC chips and Dolphin emulator already requries a OC Sandy I5 or up to play flawlessly. Good luck playing Mario Galaxy at hi res on a AMD chip. 

Wii U would be the only one I bought. I will buy uncharted for the PS4 emulator, but seeing that Sony loses money selling the console anyways...we both win with me emulating it. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I actually am thinking about buying an Wii U one day, also i am sooooo stoked for Watch Dogs

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

I used ot be scepticle about WiiU.... but I got it for Christmas and honestly I am having a blast. Alone and with friends.

I went out and just bought 3 games, it was so much fun.

I have the WiiU Mario bundle, Zelda Windwaker HD, Mario 3D Land (so awesome! every level so original from the other!), and Pikmin 3. Well worth their price.

If I had more money, I would have gotten Wonderful 101 as well, and Lego City (despite it's super long loading screen for some odd reason, it looks like a pretty fun game, especially if you can get it at a low price).

If I was going to play watchdogs on a console, it would be on the wii U, with its touch screen it would be the most involving game.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I honestly don't really care about Watch Dogs for Wii U. In fact, I didn't even know there's a Wii U version coming. 
Personally think Wii U is more like a party console and Watch Dogs is kinda more of an intensive game that I'd play on PC. =\

The console is not dieing it just started to grpw this last fall and now in the winter. Also isnt that game cross platform?

As long as it will be released for the PC ill be alright.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110