Small, light-weight program to edit Dashcam videos?

I am looking for a small, light-weight program to edit dash cam videos. If Windows Movie Maker still existed I would use that but unfortunately you can't anymore so i'm looking for an alternative that's just as easy.

What I need:

- Ability to cut

- Ability to resize

- Ability to trim

- Ability to crop

- Preferably something to make the filesize lower too

What would be nice:

- Ability to blurr parts on the screen

- Ability to beep audio parts

And that's about it. I've been looking into Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier and all that stuff but it just looks like too much. I just need something very simple and basic and light weight. Does this exist?

Thanks alot

Hitfilm express is free.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Davinci Resolve is free and easy to use. It does about everything what Adobe Premiere + more.

Its not that lightweight though.

You can still find downloads of Windows Live Essentials.  The 2011 download in the description of this video worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQBTHBR3d4.  The comments also have a few tips to help if something doesn't work.

12 minutes ago, ramm said:

- Ability to blurr parts on the screen

- Ability to beep audio parts

I second Resolve if you want to do this.

I wouldn't edit dash cam footage, its a bit of a waste of time unless you actually need to send a bit for a claim / information 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

4 minutes ago, YaBoiWill said:

I wouldn't edit dash cam footage, its a bit of a waste of time unless you actually need to send a bit for a claim / information 

How is this relevant?

12 hours ago, YaBoiWill said:

I'm not looking into editing & sharing pointless videos with the public, i need it for my work.

13 hours ago, WereCat said:

Davinci Resolve is free and easy to use. It does about everything what Adobe Premiere + more.

Its not that lightweight though.

thanks ill look into this

13 hours ago, Ethan_ said:

You can still find downloads of Windows Live Essentials.  The 2011 download in the description of this video worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQBTHBR3d4.  The comments also have a few tips to help if something doesn't work.

I second Resolve if you want to do this.

so I can still use windows movie maker on windows 10? I think I tried but it kept sending me messages it was unsupported and I should use windows photos or something.

2 hours ago, ramm said:

so I can still use windows movie maker on windows 10? I think I tried but it kept sending me messages it was unsupported and I should use windows photos or something

Yeah, you should be able to.  It's just that Microsoft removed the support and ability to download Windows Live Essentials but some people kept their installer.  I never get any unsupported messages.  If they do appear I believe you can just tell Windows to stop bugging you about it, it is likely because it's reached its end of life.

2RUMAvE.png

You can use Windows Photos. Its like newer version of Moviemaker.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can use Windows Photos. Its like newer version of Moviemaker.

then i must have been doing something wrong cause this program wasnt working out or was no where recognizable as a windows movie maker type program

25 minutes ago, ramm said:

then i must have been doing something wrong cause this program wasnt working out or was no where recognizable as a windows movie maker type program

I need to install it to give another look. I use Resolve for my editing and Photos was too annoying to leave installed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv