Challenge

Ok so the link ( https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/M4Jz4q ) is my attempt for a gaming machine that can run gta v in that case but it is over priced can anyone help me get the price down but still run gta V

4 minutes ago, Chax123 said:

Ok so the link ( https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/M4Jz4q ) is my attempt for a gaming machine that can run gta v in that case but it is over priced can anyone help me get the price down but still run gta V

It doesn't seem overpriced. Are you saying you can't afford it?
Check the link to see what you can change: http://www.logicalincrements.com/games/gtav

yes thats what i mean sorry for not clearing this up

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I see ITX, I like

SSD is always recommended, if anything you should get a small SSD first then add mass storage later, to avoid the pains of reinstalling stuff. I also put my personal favorite ITX case in the list, and added a 120mm fan since it doesn't come with one. Also picked a PSU that would fit.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Chax123 said:

yes thats what i mean sorry for not clearing this up

am i allowed to make it a little bigger than this? or just this size?

Slightly cheaper, maintains the same quality of components (Other than maybe the motherboard but it's not a big deal, it gets the job done). The differences are that I've changed the hdd to a much faster ssd, that should help with load times in games like GTA5. And also, I've changed the rx 570 4gb to an rx 570 8gb which should help a lot for future games (I assume you'd want to play GTA6 too, and that'll likely need more than 4gb vram)

its because its for a friend and he only has that case and his whole setup is built around that god damm case

Just now, Chax123 said:

its because its for a friend and he only has that case and his whole setup is built around that god damm case

Oh he already has the case? 

Also be sure to quote people so they see your response

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

yeah... no

What's wrong with it? It can handle a 2600. There's no compatibility issues. At the end of the day, it can have bad vrms blah blah blah, but it still handles the 2600. Whether it's at 20C or 80C, it still gets the job done without a house fire. He's not after fancy stuff. It does what it's supposed to do at the cheapest price possible. People overdo it sometimes, it handles a 2700x according to asrock support list. And yes, IT DOES handle the 2700x. That's the bottom line. I know you're coming back with 'oh but don't listen to the cpu support lists'. But they clearly have tested it and it clearly does support that cpu, regardless of temperatures.

21 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Why not go for the cheapest X370?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/wqjWGX/asrock-x370-gaming-itxac-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-x370-gaming-itxac

Might need a BIOS update but they don't offer the boot kit for nothing. 

Also, still no SSD?

Primary PC:

10 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

snip

I'll take a example from @GoldenLag. he runs a b350 prime pro with a 1500x. a board that I'd consider similar, if not better than the hdv 4.0 (NOT the 1.0, that one is on the same level)

it powertrottles. and hard. we're not talking about your "it still gets the job done without a house fire". we're talking limited overclock, to even straight up losing performance.

the hdv is a office board in general, and with the existence of the pro4 for a little more, which has actually shown in testing it can supply enough for a 2700x, i think the pro4 is a bad, if not horrible choice

here you have your vrm bla bla bla

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Why not go for the cheapest X370?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/wqjWGX/asrock-x370-gaming-itxac-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-x370-gaming-itxac

Might need a BIOS update but they don't offer the boot kit for nothing. 

because the gaming pro is the best ryzen has to offer on itx... and it's just a little more

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Also, still no SSD?

yeah... forgot that part

a bx500 will do

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'll take a example from @GoldenLag. he runs a b350 prime pro with a 1500x. a board that I'd consider similar, if not better than the hdv 4.0 (NOT the 1.0, that one is on the same level)

it powertrottles. and hard. we're not talking about your "it still gets the job done without a house fire". we're talking limited overclock, to even straight up losing performance.

the hdv is a office board in general, and with the existence of the pro4 for a little more, which has actually shown in testing it can supply enough for a 2700x, i think the pro4 is a bad, if not horrible choice

here you have your vrm bla bla bla

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157871

Runs 2700 and vega 64 fine. 2600x running perfectly, no problems so far. No problems encountered (person using 1600). Ryzen 2000 tested working. Works on ryzen 5 2600 and rx 570 3000mhz without tweaking the bios. Runs 2700x fine from primary build. All comments from reviews. It works. It does the job. That's all that matters.

He's not interested in overclocking, he's not interested in losing performance. He's not interested in whether it's an office board or whether there are better boards. What he's interested in is running GTA5. And with a 2600, an rx 570 8gb and this motherboard he can run GTA5.

18 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Runs 2700 and vega 64 fine. 2600x running perfectly, no problems so far. No problems encountered (person using 1600). Ryzen 2000 tested working. Works on ryzen 5 2600 and rx 570 3000mhz without tweaking the bios. Runs 2700x fine from primary build. All comments from reviews. It works. It does the job. That's all that matters.

yeah sure

show evidence it does, that page doesn't even load and i don't trust user reviews because a lot of them don't test properly

19 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

What he's interested in is running GTA5. And with a 2600, an rx 570 8gb and this motherboard he can run GTA5.

so can a bargain basement psu, an a320, without case, 4 gigs of memory, a intel igpu and a cheap hdd from the local scrapyard

but does that give a good experience? no

and it's useless anyways, as the guy uses a itx case

If your goal is strictly GTA V, go with this:

Or if you are insisting on the ITX form factor:

This is what gameplay would look like on either configuration:

6 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

He's not interested in overclocking, he's not interested in losing performance. He's not interested in whether it's an office board or whether there are better boards. What he's interested in is running GTA5. And with a 2600, an rx 570 8gb and this motherboard he can run GTA5.

We know it runs, but what is the point of putting a 2600 in there if its going to get power-throttled and not able to gives its full performance.

Would you put a 9900K in the cheapest Z390 board you can find?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£134.99 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (£109.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£75.99 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£28.84 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.50 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: ASRock - Radeon RX 570 8 GB Phantom Gaming X Video Card  (£125.63 @ More Computers) 
Case: Thermaltake - Core V1 Snow Edition Mini ITX Desktop Case  (Purchased For £0.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£60.44 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £570.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-03 10:45 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W