What is your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Royalburgers

So what is your favorite anime?

What series have you completed?

My favorite is probably FMA: Brotherhood even though I have watched both the Brotherhood version and the original.

The animes I have completed are:

School Days

Monster

FMA

FMA:Brotherhood

Naruto

Angel Beats

Code Geass

Death Note

Feel free to recommend animes that you have watched.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K @4.5GHz          RAM: 2x4GB Crucial BallistiX Sport                   Drive: WD 500GB Black

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41                       Graphics Card: XFX HD Radeon 7950             PSU: XFX ProSeries 550w

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R                      CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212             Monitor: Packard Bell 24''

Well, that would be hard. I have may be too many favorites.

Currently I`m watching my 1003 anime 87.gif

di-7136744898210.png

26547-E3msk.jpg

And you should start to understand that american cartoon like Avatar is not true anime :) If you are not sure which is which check in online base like http://anidb.net for example ;)

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

well ... favourite, hmm i cant choose just one so here's my list of my most loved anime. Although the watch list is much much  longer :D 

Outlaw Star 
Cowboy Bebop

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Full Metal Alchemist 
Gundam Wing 
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Eyeshield 21
​History's Strongest Disciple Kenachi

CPU-3030K @4.0 GHZ.  MOBO-ASUS P9X79 PRO.  RAM-16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600mhz.  Grapics- ASUS 560 Ti 2GB (waiting on a 780TI). Case-Corsair 600T. SSD- OCZ Agility 3 120GB(buyiung a samsun 840 EVO 500GB).  PSU - OCZ ZX850W. Cooler-Corsair H80. Keyboard-Logitech G19. Mouse-Logitech G700  :)

Mouse......out

Gundum wing and robotech, has to have mecha in it

Its all about those volumetric clouds

The first fight in Basilisk is awesome... Havnt finished the series cuz the rest of it wasnt as exciting.

FMA

Samurai Champloo

Naruto

One Piece

SAO

Hunter X Hunter

Ghost in The Shell

Trigun

I cant think of any others I like at the moment

Would Legend of Korra count ^_^ ??

hell yeah

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I just started watching them but here are my favorites so far

Initial D

Rosario+vampire

School rumble

Clannad

Sekirei

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball 

Eureka Seven

Tenchi Muyo! GXP

Well, that would be hard. I have may be too many favorites.

Currently I`m watching my 1003 anime 87.gif

di-7136744898210.png

26547-E3msk.jpg

And you should start to understand that american cartoon like Avatar is not true anime :) If you are not sure which is which check in online base like http://anidb.net for example ;)

Is that the website you are using to track your Animes watched? I would love to have something similar...I'm typing on my phone so I can't really go to the website and check it out currently.

My favorite Animes I have watched/currently watching are;

-Dragon Ball Series

-Naruto

-Bleach

-One Piece

-Full Metal Alchemist

I'm currently watching the more "mainstream" animes, but I plan to venture deeper later on when I have time from school! I use http://www.animehere.com/ to watch all the Animes I'm interested in, what does everyone else use?

Is that the website you are using to track your Animes watched? I would love to have something similar...I'm typing on my phone so I can't really go to the website and check it out currently.

Yes. Its very useful for me because I watch too much :D

and the here is my whole list :) dm-1113674577644.png

I prefer anidb mainly because of the good structure of all the information I need :) Otherwise I download everything from trackers like nyaa and bakabt. Of course everything is preferably in HD, except the old ones.

Also there are many subbing groups but only few make truly good subtitles :) It took me years to choose them among many.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

FMA : Brotherhood is definitely better than the original.

Trigun

Gundam Seed, Wings isnt as good imo.

Full metal panic first series

Gungrave was pretty fun

Evangelion has to be watched even if its not my favorite

I have watched more but I don't have time anymore to watch as many as I would like. I didnt include Naruto or Bleach because there too much filler. I am only reading the manga now.

Not that in to Anime due to the fact that I hate dubbed anime and it's hard to multitask when you have to read subtitles, miss a second in an anime and you miss like 500 plot points and major parts of the story.

But of the ones I've seen I REALLY love FLCL and Akira(have the super mega special box at home!)

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

If I had to pick a favorite, probably Cowboy Bebop.

I put the anime I've completed in spoiler tags because the list is somewhat large.

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Naruto

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball GT

.hack//Sign

Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei

Hellsing

Paranoia Agent

Blood+

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Rurouni Kenshin

YuYu Hakusho

G Gundam

Gundam Wing

Outlaw Star

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Lupin III

InuYasha

s-CRY-ed

Samurai Champloo

FLCL

Ghost in the Shell: SAC

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG

Desert Punk

Wolf's Rain

Black Lagoon

Black Lagoon: Second Barrage

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

Death Note

Durarara!!

Elfen Lied

Ergo Proxy

Gurren Lagann

Gantz

Eureka Seven

There are more but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

I like bleach but stopped watching it.

I've never understood the appeal of anime. What's so good about it over a TV show with real actors and arguably more real emotion? I find it hard to believe that anything can be more addictive or satisfying to watch than shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, etc. I kind of appreciate the animation skill involved, but that wouldn't continue to grab me for very long. A lot of the really popular shows with strong followings are borderline paedophilic too, not to imply any of you guys watch that stuff.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Steins;Gate

And i have an entire list following it which might destroy the planet if I started typing them all down...

Gundam 0079

Gundam Zeta

Gundam Wing

Gundam 00

Gundam Unicorn

SD Gundam

Samurai 7

Samurai X

Samurai Champloo

D. Grayman

Claymore

Ao no exorcist

Hajime no Ippo

Code Geass

Ghost in the Shell

Slam Dunk

Eyeshield 21

Initial D

Hellsing

Hellsing Ultimate

Doraemon

Trigun

Jormungand

Great Teacher Onizuka

Phantom of Requiem

Yakitate Japan

Cooking Master Boy

Rave Master

Hunter x Hunter

Baccano

Beck

Black Lagoon

Shaman King

Chrono Crusade

Darker Than Black

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Devil May Cry

Detective Conan

Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure

Lunar Legend

Medabots

Fate Stay Night

I've never understood the appeal of anime. What's so good about it over a TV show with real actors and arguably more real emotion? I find it hard to believe that anything can be more addictive or satisfying to watch than shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, etc. I kind of appreciate the animation skill involved, but that wouldn't continue to grab me for very long. A lot of the really popular shows with strong followings are borderline paedophilic too, not to imply any of you guys watch that stuff.

The appeal of anime is the same as with any other show except what can occur in the anime isn't as limited. Also, would you mind elaborating on your "borderline paedophilic" comment?

The appeal of anime is the same as with any other show except what can occur in the anime isn't as limited. Also, would you mind elaborating on your "borderline paedophilic" comment?

I hardly think it is appropriate or abiding by the rules to elaborate.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Cowboy Bebop is the best in my opinion. The soundtrack is awesome, and I love the way Watanabe mixes 2 genres, just like he did later with Samurai Champloo.

Otherwise I also like animes like Baccano, Durarara, or Higashi No Eden, but I don't really find the same kind of emotional intensity I like in Cowboy Bebop : breathtaking, yet moderated.

on the surface anime may seem childish just like comic books. and just like comic books there are superficial titles that get noticed with mutants in tights with superpowers and lasers shooting out their eyes however if you dig deeper you get graphic novels and authors like Neil Gaiman and Frank Miller, the same goes for the anime/manga universe. its not all just girls with big eyes and people charging up their super powers for 2 episodes. 

if you don't like it, hey that's cool its not for everyone but its not all just what you see on the surface, there's a lot of good writing that is going on beneath the surface. 

edit: anything from Studio Ghibli will forever have a place in my heart. 

this is the closest of translations to this song I've found so far and yet so much is lost in translation that it is nowhere near as impactful. I really hope you guys are watching the subbed and not dubbed versions at least.

on the surface anime may seem childish just like comic books. and just like comic books there are superficial titles that get noticed with mutants in tights with superpowers and lasers shooting out their eyes however if you dig deeper you get graphic novels and authors like Neil Gaiman and Frank Miller, the same goes for the anime/manga universe. its not all just girls with big eyes and people charging up their super powers for 2 episodes. 

if you don't like it, hey that's cool its not for everyone but its not all just what you see on the surface, there's a lot of good writing that is going on beneath the surface. 

edit: anything from Studio Ghibli will forever have a place in my heart. 

this is the closest of translations to this song I've found so far and yet so much is lost in translation that it is nowhere near as impactful. I really hope you guys are watching the subbed and not dubbed versions at least.

I watched spirited away about 6 years ago. Does that count as anime? It was strange and not very engaging, but kinda cool at the same time (yes, I know it's supposed to be surreal). Where is the line between children's cartoons and proper anime?