Share your location!

dDave64
9 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Can you guess my real name?

Dr. Philip Sherman, don't know why you go by Mr on the forums....

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

54 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Eeeehhhh we do a LOT of shit wrong though.

Like how we're essentially the cause of letting in filthy rich immigrants here through some stupid program and they then flew to Vancouver to fuck up their real estate.... Now they are about to do that here as well since BC introduced laws against them.

Among other crap, like how we can't participate in nearly any giveaways due to some more regulation that "protects" us.

How we require permits to do pretty much anything... and how slow they are being issued...

Is it just me or has Ontario had nothing exciting happen for the last 8-10 years...?

Currently working towards fully restoring my ThinkPad T510

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

13 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Dr. Philip Sherman, don't know why you go by Mr on the forums....

Because if people knew I was a dentist then they would use that to discredit every single opinion I have on anything not dentistry.  Even then, I am sure they would find a way to feel comfortable pretending I was wrong.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

And, that's in NZ?

Yes

Your mother's house.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

29 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Kevin, Barnaby, Scott, Nilesy.

2 minutes ago, floofer said:

Kevin, Barnaby, Scott, Nilesy.

here's a clue:

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

no problem,  Mr moose - 42 Wallaby way Sydney, Australia

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Joey?

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

here's a clue:

Chris Liley 

14 minutes ago, mr moose said:

here's a clue:

Larry Butz?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

58 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

WOW! Someone makes a serious, reasonable suggestion and immature, wannabe "comics" come swarming like roaches out of the woodwork with stupid comments. What's even more pathetic is the presence of two moderators in this thread with one adding to the nonsense.

Let me tell you something that happened pretty often when I worked retail.

Customer: Hey, is this item second-hand?

Me: *points at the sticker on the box that says "second-hand"* Yes, it is.

Customer: Oh. K.

People only read what's convenient/easy for them.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Sherman?

Currently working towards fully restoring my ThinkPad T510

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 -- ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6650 XT OC Edition 8GB -- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) -- ASRock B450M Steel Legend -- Corsair CX650M -- SAMA IM01 -- Crucial P2 500GB NVMe, 2x Crucial BX500 1TB

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

612 Wharf Avenue

Hey I know that place, isn't that right next to the gentleman's club?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

Big Wet Billy 

2 hours ago, Gale said:

Let me tell you something that happened pretty often when I worked retail.

Customer: Hey, is this item second-hand?

Me: *points at the sticker on the box that says "second-hand"* Yes, it is.

Customer: Oh. K.

People only read what's convenient/easy for them.

Apples and Kumquats.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Apples and Kumquats.

What did you just call me?!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

1 minute ago, Gale said:

What did you just call me?!

Nothing. It's an abreviated version of saying you were comparing apple to kumquats. It's another way of saying people being sign blind has nothing to do with people not saying where they are located.

Sorry that it came across as an insult.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

9 hours ago, dDave64 said:

I see a lot of threads where it's unclear where someone is located, making it difficult to offer proper advice (for budgetary, compatibility, and sourcing reasons). I'm still fairly new here but I'm seeing this as a trend.

If everyone goes into their profile and shares a general location with everyone here at the forums, I think we'll be able to better help those that are asking for assistance.

No obligation, just an idea.

Thanks.

Nice try, FBI, but we're not falling for this again.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Nice try, FBI, but we're not falling for this again.

Oh for crying out loud! I really like to protect my privacy but that is ridiculous! The FBI will have no trouble finding out where you are if they ever want to, even if you don't disclose your location. And disclosing a general location (country only or even country and State, Province, whatever) isn't going to give anyone enough knowledge to actually find you. Yeesh! ?

Jeannie

1 minute ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Oh for crying out loud! I really like to protect my privacy but that is ridiculous! The FBI will have no trouble finding out where you are if they ever want to, even if you don't disclose your location. And disclosing a general location (country only or even country and State, Province, whatever) isn't going to give anyone enough knowledge to actually find you. Yeesh! ?

Lol apologies, it was a joke. :P It's internet sarcasm which... yeah, I can see doesn't construe well. Law enforcement has no issues locating someone who posts on a public forum, for sure.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Says right there below my pfp: in your mind, probably.

Now go get some mental help so I can stop haunting you all

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 4/23/2019 at 12:56 AM, XR6 said:

I live somewhere in Wales.

Hell yeah wales. used to live in penrhyndeudraeth then moved to porthmadog, then to caernarfon then to cornwall :(

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 4/22/2019 at 6:33 PM, BuckGup said:

Yeah it would help but then random people know where you live so they will instantly kill you

*teleports behind you*

you shouldn't have said that son

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB