G.skill Trident Z RGB ram flickering

Arcanekitten

I've had this ram for a while now but at some point one rgb led on one of my rgb ram sticks started flickering rapidly. It does this all the time from boot till shutdown. I have had the beta program installed before, to control the software but it won't start anymore for some reason as it can't detect the sticks which is a common issue with the software since it's in alpha/beta. 

I've uploaded a video which shows the issue.

How would I go about fixing this? Is it a hardware or software issue?

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in? Or changing it from one slot fo another

What mobo do you have. You could try to control the ram with your motherboard's RGB program.

Is the motherboards BIOS up to date?

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

LED heat sink itself not the ram.  a portion of the LED is damaged or not working properly  the only way to fix it is to take the heat spreder off the ram take out the led strip find the damaged led  solderer it off the pad its on and replace it.  The LED is about the size of a pen head and is not really worth replacing. If I were you I would reach out to G. Skill and see if they will replace the stick of ram. 

3 hours ago, Kevin el Gamer lol said:

Have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in? Or changing it from one slot fo another

Yes I have and it hasn't worked.

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

3 hours ago, Sychic said:

What mobo do you have. You could try to control the ram with your motherboard's RGB program.

I've got the Gigabyte AB350 gaming 3 and with RGB fusion, the gigabyte RGB program, it doesn't work as of yet.

2 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

LED heat sink itself not the ram.  a portion of the LED is damaged or not working properly  the only way to fix it is to take the heat spreder off the ram take out the led strip find the damaged led  solderer it off the pad its on and replace it.  The LED is about the size of a pen head and is not really worth replacing. If I were you I would reach out to G. Skill and see if they will replace the stick of ram. 

mhhh, I believe ram sticks have a lifetime warranty especially these sticks. I can try and do that yes.