have you done anything cool with a Raspberry Pi?

i just recently started playing around with a model B that i got my mom for a cheap xbmc machine.

well i got really interested in what could be done with them so i thought id order a few more

(note newark shipping is like 1 day to my house)

now here comes the descussion:

have you done any cool projects with a Raspberry Pi?

May be nooby, but what in the hell do you do with those xD

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I have build a small NAS using a Raspberry Pi. I'm currently planning a project to see if I can make a big server out of 10-15 Raspberry Pi's.

thats really cool i REALLY need to build a NAS but strap for cash lol

May be nooby, but what in the hell do you do with those xD

its a credit card sized pc that runs linux (usually)

I have build a small NAS using a Raspberry Pi. I'm currently planning a project to see if I can make a big server out of 10-15 Raspberry Pi's.

I made a beowulf cluster of out 8 Pi's using instructions from the University of Southampton - you can probably find them with your google-fu if you're interested :)

What I wanna do is make a quadrocopter, that is controlled via wifi from a laptop. The laptop would then have a super long ranged wifi antenna and have a live camera feed coming from a gyro mounted camera so that you could point it in different directions without moving the copter. And to top all this off the camera would be controlled by an oculus and the copter controlled by this. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/extreme-3d-pro-joystick

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I ran mine as a media centre for a bit, then as a torrent box whilst I was at Uni.

I've not gotten around to another project as I've not gotten SD card reader handy, but need to soon.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I made a beowulf cluster of out 8 Pi's using instructions from the University of Southampton - you can probably find them with your google-fu if you're interested :)

Sounds really interesting, but my idea was to make it as a 100% homemade project. So I would have to do my own wiring, programming and planning. I will google the information, to see if anything can inspire me. Thanks for the tip.

I just have so many planned project, so I donøt know where to start.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

My father and I have gotten Wolfram running.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I want to make a microwave that can read QR codes :D But don't know how the fack i need to do that! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I would use one or two for a NAS, but the 100mb ethernet port instead of gigabit killed the idea for me.

I would use one or two for a NAS, but the 100mb ethernet port instead of gigabit killed the idea for me.

ya maybe a model C will come out with a gigabit

ya maybe a model C will come out with a gigabit

Yeah, that would be cool. Would make a second nas with that. You can never have too much space! :D

I am currently building a ballast system for an AUV, I found some great C++ libraries to control the GPIO pins :3

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

ATM, ive set it up as a Retro gaming console with an SNES controller.  I also have an SD card with Debian and one with XBMC set up

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I'm planing to make my website run on my raspberry cause google drive dosn't allow php, mysql.....

But i just have ONE! problem that cpu isn't that fast...

Teacher at my old school mounted one to the back of a Motorola Lapdock, pretty cool lightweight, cheap laptop.

I am currently in the process of building a raspberry pi quadcopter

Here is a video showing the four motors spinning, we are close to our first flight we just of to finish programming our gyroscope

We had the chickenwire because the rotor flew off going really fast the test before

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

I smashed one into someones face.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I still haven't figured out how to turn mine on. 

Derb  :D

Take your phone charger and plug it in to you Raspberry Pi.. Done  ;)