have you done anything cool with a Raspberry Pi?

I used mine for a while as a surveillance camera! I had a webcam and ran something called motion which captured pictures every time something moved outside of our house. The background to this was that we had had bikes stolen. It didn't work flawlessly though, it crashed and you had to restart the pi like once every day. Now it is running raspbmc at my parents house and it is awesome, I havn't used it as anything else and I would also like to see an upgraded version, hopefully capable of game streaming, that wold be epic! (Even though limelight apparently works on the current pi) 

I use mine for voice controlled lights in my room. I use tasker to send commands from my phone to the Pi.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

What I wanna do is make a quadrocopter, that is controlled via wifi from a laptop. The laptop would then have a super long ranged wifi antenna and have a live camera feed coming from a gyro mounted camera so that you could point it in different directions without moving the copter. And to top all this off the camera would be controlled by an oculus and the copter controlled by this. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/extreme-3d-pro-joystick

You're not gonna have enough bandwidth to run a camera feed with an rPi. Use something with more "oomph" like this http://hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G138745696275

Just using XBMC, I'm testing the idea as a NAS though but if I remember the ethernet and usb channels are shared so I'm doubtful about the speeds

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I've used one as a network infiltration toolset and dropbox using multiple wireless dongles so I can assess two or more wireless networks at the same time, or just sit in the middle of a network, taking in the information from one side, noting down information in a log file then pushing the information to the client without much delay.

I've done a few projects with XBMC, I think that's the first thing everyone does with the Pi ;)

#!

I know of people using them to host minecraft servers. you would probably need only 2 or 3 for a vanilla server with no mods.